Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I can just imagine Dahlin making this pass to Eichel/Mittelstadt.

I don't think Eichel will know what to do if he has a d man that can make a tape to tape pass like that... lol.

Reactions: Fixxer

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Over under 48 points as a rookie?

I know Myers was a D+2 when he was a rookie and won the Calder but I am curious to see if Dahlin can put up the #s that Myers did. With RoR gone I am guessing our top PP unit will be

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Reinhart/Okposo

Dahlin-Risto

If we were able to have the #1 PP 2 seasons ago with a PP1 based around Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Okposo. Mittelstadt for RoR is an upgrade strictly on the PP when you consider strictly offensive talent as Casey is a better passer, shooter, playmaker etc.

But in the end while I think he will come close I think he will just fall short and put up something like 15-30-45. I am pretty confident that we will have 2 of the 3 Calder finalists (Casey and Rasmus). If say Casey or another rookie forward puts up 55 points and Dahlin puts up 45 I assume the voters would give the nod to Dahlin as 45 points as an 18 year old true rookie dman is more impressive then 55 points from a D+2 forward.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Over under 48 points as a rookie?

I know Myers was a D+2 when he was a rookie and won the Calder but I am curious to see if Dahlin can put up the #s that Myers did. With RoR gone I am guessing our top PP unit will be

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Reinhart/Okposo

Dahlin-Risto

If we were able to have the #1 PP 2 seasons ago with a PP1 based around Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Okposo. Mittelstadt for RoR is an upgrade strictly on the PP when you consider strictly offensive talent as Casey is a better passer, shooter, playmaker etc.

But in the end while I think he will come close I think he will just fall short and put up something like 15-30-45. I am pretty confident that we will have 2 of the 3 Calder finalists (Casey and Rasmus). If say Casey or another rookie forward puts up 55 points and Dahlin puts up 45 I assume the voters would give the nod to Dahlin as 45 points as an 18 year old true rookie dman is more impressive then 55 points from a D+2 forward.

Depends on which PP unit they put him on as that alone is probably a 10-15 point difference. Our team tends to frontload PP1 time very heavy like Pittsburgh. I also don't see them using two D on PP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->