Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The way Jack finds people I want Rasmus in the area when Jack has it. If he has the iq they say he does, he will rack up points. Jmho.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
The way Jack finds people I want Rasmus in the area when Jack has it. If he has the iq they say he does, he will rack up points. Jmho.
The biggest positive I've heard about Dahlin is he's just as good without the puck. So hopefully he does adjust to Eichel, not really a worry.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
When you have generation talents on your team, they will get the first nod at captaincy especially when they are the veteran player.

If they want a generational captain, Eichel has the head start.

If they want a guy that has lots of leadership ability, then Samuelson very likely could be the guy down the road.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If they want a generational captain, Eichel has the head start.

If they want a guy that has lots of leadership ability, then Samuelson very likely could be the guy down the road.
Samuelson :laugh:

I can nearly gurantee you it goes to Eichel or Dahlin before Samuelson. Bottom 4 D and Bottom 6 players just because their good in the lockerroom shouldn't be captain. Alot of the young kids respond to the game on the ice more so than off the ice.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
36043384_1560504120746003_7558359670285402112_n.jpg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Samuelson :laugh:

I can nearly gurantee you it goes to Eichel or Dahlin before Samuelson. Bottom 4 D and Bottom 6 players just because their good in the lockerroom shouldn't be captain. Alot of the young kids respond to the game on the ice more so than off the ice.

I was saying that I expect Samuelsson to be an NHL captain before Dahlin.

If they go the "generational" route, it will be Eichel and not Dahlin.

If they don't, it could likely go to a player that would be here long enough that by the time the next captain is named, Samuelsson has established himself as a leader at the NHL level like he did with the USNTDP and the U18s.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel isnt very good without the puck. It's a fair question.

Yes and no. Eichel with poor talent with low IQ, horrible without the puck(see playing with Nolan). Eichel with talent with poor IQ, bad without the puck (see playing with Kane). Eichel playing with low talent but decent IQ, he’s okay without the puck(see Okposo or Erod). Eichel playing with talent with high IQ he’s fine without the puck(see Reinhart and/or ROR).

When Eichel can trust the other players ability to be able to get him the puck, he plays much better. When he knows he’s not getting the puck, because of talent or just poor decision making.

Reactions: Sansbacon

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Hopefully Dahlin is the last Sabre to ever wear #26! (cause it's hanging in the rafters after a long and storied career in Buffalo)
I think he will end up with nr. 8 soon as it becomes available, the 26 is actually 2+6 , 8 was occupied in Frolunda , he wears it in the NT.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Yes and no. Eichel with poor talent with low IQ, horrible without the puck(see playing with Nolan). Eichel with talent with poor IQ, bad without the puck (see playing with Kane). Eichel playing with low talent but decent IQ, he’s okay without the puck(see Okposo or Erod). Eichel playing with talent with high IQ he’s fine without the puck(see Reinhart and/or ROR).

When Eichel can trust the other players ability to be able to get him the puck, he plays much better. When he knows he’s not getting the puck, because of talent or just poor decision making.
Eichel and ROR hasn't been a thing. Reinhart defers a lot and doesn't make things happen with the puck much when he plays with Eichel. Just look at how he couldn't get anything done with Gaudreau when they played together internationally. It's one of the biggest holes in Eichel's game.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005

Eichel shows his emotions on the ice. It's depressing how much you see him pass the puck to a teammate, just to realize who it is and he visibly sighs and starts turning to play defense because he knows that player is going to lose the puck by fumbling it or by shooting it wide. I can hardly blame him considering who he has played with. I do this myself in beer leagues after I realize the guy I passed it to is incapable of making a play with it. Call me the bad guy all you want, but it's not like I don't give players chances before I get to this point with them- I just can't put in the extra effort when I already know the outcome is that they never look for a pass.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel and ROR hasn't been a thing. Reinhart defers a lot and doesn't make things happen with the puck much when he plays with Eichel. Just look at how he couldn't get anything done with Gaudreau when they played together internationally. It's one of the biggest holes in Eichel's game.

i'm not just talking about even strength. I'm talking whenever they are together.

When Reinhart is playing with Eichel he defers a lot to Eichel in terms of puck possession, but Reinhart knows where to go to get the puck back and Eichel knows Sam knows how to.

As for the Eichel-Johnny G, Jack was deferring a lot to him, and quite honestly Jack seemed to taking the games lightly. They could play with one another, it just seemed Jack wasn't trying. There didn't seem to be a killer instinct in his game, which is odd considering people paint Jack as someone who doesn't like to lose. That killer instinct is what separates McDavid from Eichel, if Jack wants to get to his level he needs to put that "attitude" of not liking to lose to use in his training and start utilizing it to carry the team. There aren't many guys in the league that can physically take over shifts and games like Eichel can. I have said this before, but with Eichel's ability, and if he had the motivation of the best players in the league, he can easily average 4 points a game if he wanted to. I say that with a serious face.

Having a guy like Dahlin on the team, having to practice against him (I hope Phil focuses on this part) every day, Jack just might start growing into his potential. Having to play against the best talents, especially when those talents have the drive that Dahlin reportedly has, for the type of player that people say Jack is, it should do nothing but push him to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad