Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Figured we would get one started as based on that Botts interview and generational defenseman rankings he is going to be our pick. Welcome to Buffalo Dahlin!!!

Mackenzie, "Dahlin was the unanimous choice of TSN’s panel of 10 NHL scouts in the preseason rankings in September, as he was in the mid-season rankings in late January and now yet again in the Draft Lottery Edition Top 15 rankings that have been compiled specifically in honour of Saturday’s lottery."

"Craig Button on Dahlin: a #1 elite D man. he is to D men in this draft exactly what McDavid and Matthews were to elite centers"

"Dahlin is the best defensive prospect since Potvin"

XQ2qwo6.png

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He's gonna look so good in a Sabres jersey, The idea of a possible Nick Lindstrom playing for Buffalo for the next 10 years makes me a happy man. I am more excited for Dahlin than I was for Eichel.

Reactions: EichHart

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
With Moulson buried can Dahlin wear #26? or do we need to mob Moulson and run him out of town for the number?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
With some savvy GM-ing playing your cards right, you could have a contender for a dozen years straight.

Had a soft spot for Buffalo from the Miller days and the sweet old school jerseys and that ECF series, although it might have been the slug jerseys at that point in time.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's gonna look so good in a Sabres jersey, The idea of a possible Nick Lindstrom playing for Buffalo for the next 10 years makes me a happy man. I am more excited for Dahlin than I was for Eichel.

I have a hard time comparing.

I spent a whole season chasing McEichel. And was so releaved when it was over.

I spent two hours allowing myself to even consider this a possibility. The shocking surprise of it all...

Reactions: 81818o8

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I have a hard time comparing.

I spent a whole season chasing McEichel. And was so releaved when it was over.

I spent two hours allowing myself to even consider this a possibility. The shocking surprise of it all...

This is franchise changing stuff. This lottery was more important than any in Sabres history. I actually think we win a cup in the next 10 years now. We have a perennial Art Ross and Norris winner on this team for the next 10 years.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
"Dahlin is the best defensive prospect since Potvin"
I'm absolutely stoked to have the Sabres draft the kid, but this comment is Button at his hyperbolic best.

Better than Pronger, Hedman, Doughty? Big if true. If he turns out to have as big an impact as any of those guys, I'll be deliriously happy.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Is he more of an offensive D? Or is he more of a 2-way guy?

What are his strengths? Weaknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad