Rasmus Dahlin calls out his teammates

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
When engaged he actually has a pretty dirty streak. He’s never gonna be Pronger, but he will get chippy.
Dahlin to me seems like he'll end up being a Joni Pitkanen (when he was healthy at least) clone. Good skater with good size and good offensive instincts, can definitely play on the top pairing, but lacks that little bit extra to be a Top 15 D in the league.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dahlin has it right. His team is too easy to play against. Big money contract a to move maybe the wrong kind of players?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Dahlin to me seems like he'll end up being a Joni Pitkanen (when he was healthy at least) clone. Good skater with good size and good offensive instincts, can definitely play on the top pairing, but lacks that little bit extra to be a Top 15 D in the league.

Pitkanen never got chippy. I’ve never seen him take a slashing penalty. Just holds. I’ve seen Dahlin take retaliatory penalties.

He’s also being used stupidly. Pair him with someone like Gudas or Polak and let him run wild. Take the turnovers with the good.

Reactions: Another AZ

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He says “somebody” needs to step up as if he isn’t arguably the worst defenceman in the NHL right now

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Having followed my fair share of losing teams over the years, I never really understood the "calling out" of teammates tactic like we just witnessed when those words aren't pre-empted by "doing the gritty stuff" by the player making the comment. Like if you care so much and you're so passionate and such a competitor, why don't you do some of the suggested things? Or as a first overall pick are you suggesting someone else needs to do those things? He's a kid, but talk is cheap.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pitkanen never got chippy. I’ve never seen him take a slashing penalty. Just holds. I’ve seen Dahlin take retaliatory penalties.

He’s also being used stupidly. Pair him with someone like Gudas or Polak and let him run wild. Take the turnovers with the good.

Hopefully he continues to get better.

Also, I'll say this about Krueger: when he was the HC in Edmonton, he played the hell out of Hall and his team had terrible 5v5 numbers. Looks like things haven't changed now that he's the HC in Buffalo.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Sabres might be the strangest franchise in the league. Some of the other really bad teams you can atleast see that there is weak ownership in terms of money, no #1 picks, or being in the very early stages of a rebuild. The Sabres? I don't get it.

Reactions: duckpuck

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Krueger brought the p***y soccer mentality over to the Sabres.

I don’t even bother tuning into their games. Who wants to watch sloppy low-scoring pacifist hockey? Shame on him and the Sabres organization for making the team unwatchable. You couldn’t pay me to watch one of their shitty games in its entirety.

Reactions: Get North

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Guy is still really young I wouldn't write him off yet

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Krueger brought the p***y soccer mentality over to the Sabres.

I don’t even bother tuning into their games. Who wants to watch sloppy low-scoring pacifist hockey? Shame on him and the Sabres organization for making the team unwatchable. You couldn’t pay me to watch one of their shitty games in its entirety.

Not even in beer?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is he out there blocking shots, throwing hits, making great plays, never taking a shift off and even trying to fight someone in his weight class ?

If people answer no to any of those, then the playing calling out his team needs to shut the f*** up.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
ya i could probably take him

Hi Dan Kordic!!

Hopefully he continues to get better.

Also, I'll say this about Krueger: when he was the HC in Edmonton, he played the hell out of Hall and his team had terrible 5v5 numbers. Looks like things haven't changed now that he's the HC in Buffalo.

Hopefully he gets better too. I’m getting tired of being surprised if they win.

I hated the coach signing. But I was giving it a chance. But he’s officially the worst coach the Sabres have ever had. At least the shitty coaches they’ve had recently had an excuse for why the team was bad and unable to score. This one doesn’t. Lose 5-4 every game, not 3-0.

Reactions: Cloned

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Is he out there blocking shots, throwing hits, making great plays, never taking a shift off and even trying to fight someone in his weight class ?

If people answer no to any of those, then the playing calling out his team needs to shut the f*** up.

Blocking shots? Yes. Obviously not every shot, but he does block them. Or tries to.

Throwing hits? No. But then again nobody on this team hits outside of Risto or McCabe. Dahlin usually forces them outside and then steals the puck.

Make great plays? No. He skates up ice and either drops it back or passes across, despite the other team backing up and giving him the blue line. Because Krueger has a system. Us fans have no idea what system that is other than “stop all speed ASAP”.

Take shifts off? No. He tries every shift. Sometimes too much because he’s the best player out there. But he can’t be everywhere at once.

Fight? No. Then again the Sabres don’t do any fighting except against the puck. I actually wish they did snap more

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's not wrong, but at the same time... probably shouldn't bitch about people not fighting if you won't fight yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00