Rasmus Dahlin calls out his teammates

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dahlin is second-highest scoring teenage defenseman in NHL history, and the way he's been coached this season has made him look like Zach Bogosian because Ralph and co. decided Dahlin should play like a shutdown defenseman instead of playing to his skills. Your take is clueless
How old was Myers when he had his Calder season with the Sabres?

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Sometimes it's hard always being right!

HxgOjX3.png

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Reactions: Luckylarry

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Tired of all the shitty takes on Dahlin and here's why: It's the exact same thing as when in wrestling an incredible talent like Ricochet or Keith Lee signs with WWE and then get told stop doing all the stuff that makes you great, they have no choice but to listen and their match quality plummets, fans lose interest in them and then they get buried for not being over. The stupid coach has essentially ordered Dahlin to cut all of the things that made him such a highly touted prospect out of his game.

You're comparing hockey to a theatre performance?

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Dahlin is second-highest scoring teenage defenseman in NHL history, and the way he's been coached this season has made him look like Zach Bogosian because Ralph and co. decided Dahlin should play like a shutdown defenseman instead of playing to his skills. Your take is clueless
It's possible the reason for Dahlin's poor performance this season is due to coaching ineptitude and not a decline in skillset. That doesn't change the fact that he's been a liability.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
It's possible the reason for Dahlin's poor performance this season is due to coaching ineptitude and not a decline in skillset. That doesn't change the fact that he's been a liability.

Taylor Hall, Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner, and Rasmus Dahlin are all underperforming. That's textbook coaching ineptitude, it's like when WSH was coached by Dale Hunter and people thought Ovechkin was done

Reactions: Another AZ

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Taylor Hall, Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner, and Rasmus Dahlin are all underperforming. That's textbook coaching ineptitude, it's like when WSH was coached by Adam Oates and people thought Ovechkin was done
OK, I agree it's fair to draw that conclusion. I recall early in the 15/16 season Crosby scuffling offensively prior to a coaching change and lights-out after it was made.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is really not a calling out his teammates thing. It is more calling out everybody, himself included. It is also just trying to answer probably the millionth inane question when the team isn't doing well. They have nothing to say and have to answer yet another what do we need to do question.

Seems to me like Krueger is the exact wrong type of coach for this team. They have offensive minded players for the most part, so bringing in a defensive type coach makes next to zero sense. Same with Babcock, he wasn't the right coach for the roster Toronto had. When you are a coach you need to coach to a teams strengths, not try and take a bunch of players and make them play a system that doesn't gel with their strengths.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tired of all the shitty takes on Dahlin and here's why: It's the exact same thing as when in wrestling an incredible talent like Ricochet or Keith Lee signs with WWE and then get told stop doing all the stuff that makes you great, they have no choice but to listen and their match quality plummets, fans lose interest in them and then they get buried for not being over. The stupid coach has essentially ordered Dahlin to cut all of the things that made him such a highly touted prospect out of his game.
Hockey's a sport. The teams try to win.

WWE is a performance. They act the storyline that the writers have set up for them, and do as they're told.

I don't get how it's similar at all.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finally Dahlin realizes that Sabres SUCKS and is sucked for years.
Buffalo Sabres and Arizona Coyotes are worst hockey purgatories in entire NHL.

And so long when there isn't serious changes ahead
of both mentioned franchises nothing won't change.

This might sound crazy but i feel sorry for Dahlin
he's good young promising dman who has got bright future in NHL.

But maybe it's a damn time for Dahlin to start consider change of scenery
and being honest i have hard to believe that Sabres will relevant playoff team in the near future.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hockey's a sport. The teams try to win.

WWE is a performance. They act the storyline that the writers have set up for them, and do as they're told.

I don't get how it's similar at all.
I don't feel the need to explain wrestling, how it works, how guys work matches ect. so I'll use this comparison: Imagine an NBA coach telling Shaq that they want him to stop hanging down low by the basket and that they want him standing out beyond the arc chucking up 3's?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't feel the need to explain wrestling, how it works, how guys work matches ect. so I'll use this comparison: Imagine an NBA coach telling Shaq that they want him to stop hanging down low by the basket and that they want him standing out beyond the arc chucking up 3's?
Are you saying Dahlin has been asked to do more, especially defensively, and he just doesn’t have the skill to do that, his offensive game is struggling because if that ask, so he’s frustrated and speaking out?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Well they've had 6 coaches in the last 10 years and have had the same lack of success under each of them. At a certain point you might think that it's much more than a coaching problem.
Probably because they keep hiring bad coaches. Hire a good coach and you won't have to keep replacing them every two seasons.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
So I guess this isn't the year the rebuild that was 2 years ahead of the Leafs' rebuild starts to come around, huh?
It must be frustrating seeing only 14 threads about the Leafs. Good on you trying to turn unrelated topics into Leafs topics.

Reactions: Another AZ

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
I'm not a Sabres fan but there is definitely a leadership problem on the team. Guys like Eichel and Dahlin are being forced into positions which they aren't ready for yet. The Sabres remind me of what the Oilers are just getting themselves out of. Like one earlier poster suggested, Eichel was looked at as the savior for the team and he is just one guy.

I think a huge part of it is the coach/GM combo for sure. This team needs some experience on both sides and a system which brings out the players strengths. You need to have a system that the players buy into and can play good team hockey. I've watched some Buffalo games this season and their system is a disaster. It reminds me of watching my team (Devils) under John Hynes. Now Nashville fans want Hynes gone and for good reason. He has no system. He preaches one thing and then does another.

It's a big mess but it starts with the coaching. This season is over for Buffalo so evaluate Adams from what he can do at the deadline and then go from there. Hire a coach sooner rather than later so you can get a jump start on implementing and learning a system that players can learn to transition to next season. Or, can both right now and then bring in a GM with experience and he can hire his own coach. Either way, you have to move on from Krueger ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad