Rasmus Dahlin calls out his teammates

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Its about time someone in the organization grew a pair and said something. Should have been coach or gm and not an under 25 player but good for Dahlin.

Eichel today looked lazy. Maybe its one day game. Maybe he played hurt. But he looked off all game. And if he is putting out 80% because of how poor Buffalo is playing then that franchise is dead.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Sabres might be the strangest franchise in the league. Some of the other really bad teams you can atleast see that there is weak ownership in terms of money, no #1 picks, or being in the very early stages of a rebuild. The Sabres? I don't get it.
This is exactly what I was just thinking! I mean, you can point to obvious things like the scoring to explain the results, but unlike with other teams where you can identify the roots of those problems, with the Sabres you just find yourself asking "...but why?".

Like, what's really going on in Buffalo?? I'm loathe to admit it but it's getting to the point where the common denominator is Eichel. You can argue maybe the Sabres haven't done very well with their coaching hires, but I don't know.... Eichel, even at his relatively young age, is one of the "vets" on that team. Not in terms of age but in terms of tenure.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Dahlin has regressed every season of his career. Hmm, let's see...

...20 yo who's shown no inclination to improve his game, isn't physical and has been a liability this season.

Who's gonna listen to that guy?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Its about time someone in the organization grew a pair and said something. Should have been coach or gm and not an under 25 player but good for Dahlin.

Eichel today looked lazy. Maybe its one day game. Maybe he played hurt. But he looked off all game. And if he is putting out 80% because of how poor Buffalo is playing then that franchise is dead.

He's playing through multiple injuries, including an UBI (I think it's his shoulder since he looked to be avoiding slap/snap shots on the powerplay) he sustained while training before camp, and one he sustained against the last New Jersey game he played

Krueger got himself into a stupid situation by denying he was playing injured, only for Eichel to point out that he was

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Dahlin with 5.26 on the PP and had 2 shots all game. I cant understand why Sabres dont use Ristolainen as a netprescence on PP. Sabres PP cant hardly be worse.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
He's been disappointing, but so has the entire team and he's still really young. I appreciate that he's not afraid to speak his mind and show some leadership, the team needs more of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Another AZ

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
41C7qO6C8RL._SX347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

They have a discount Agile coach running the team lol
That picture contains so much unintended information it's mesmerizing. The more I look the more I see.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The Sabres made a deal with the devil to get Eichel and it has not come time to pay that debt.

They let the losing stink infect the franchise and once you get it in you its damn near impossible to get off.

Buried themselves in a 20 foot hole and are actually now closer to digging themselves deeper than clawing out of it.

Say what you will about the job Babcock and Lou did with the Leafs, but they brought the stability needed to get the losing stink off before it did any everlasting damage in Toronto.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Any time Eichel to NYR is brought up Sabres fans say they wouldn't trade for Laf because he is having the worst rookie season ever for a 1st overall pick, but Dahlin is the worst 1st overall pick in his 3rd season other than Yak.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Dahlin with 5.26 on the PP and had 2 shots all game. I cant understand why Sabres dont use Ristolainen as a netprescence on PP. Sabres PP cant hardly be worse.

There's a lot of reasons to rag on the Sabres but this post misses the mark.

Sabres had the #1 PP in the league prior to the two shutout duds believe it or not. The problem is the PP is practically the only time the Sabres score as they have far and away the worst 5v5 GF. The Sabres almost have more PP goals than they have 5v5 goals.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I think a huge part of the problem is after the Pegula/Lafontaine fiasco, Tim Murray was the highest ranking hockey mind in the organization. Then it was Botterill. Now it is Adams. The Pegulas have never brought in anyone who has a proven record of success over a period of years to run the actual on ice product. Three first time GM's with nobody above them with any history of sustained success. It is kind of mind boggling.

The first reason is part of the second reason I think they are in such a bad way. And that 2nd reason is, the organization crowned Jack Eichel before we even drafted him. I mean there were questions about whose team it was with him and Ryan O'Reilly when Eichel was an 18 year old who had never played a game. The media and the fans were part of the crowning as well, but the organization played into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
It's baffling the coach hasn't been fired, especially with some good names available.
Is it though? Didn't the Sabres let most of their staff go not long ago to save money? I doubt they want to pay two coaches and one for not doing ny coaching. What teh Sabres should do is to ''''''promote'''''' Krueger to president of hockey ops and bring in a new coach. Bruce Boudreau is a guy I think would be great for Eichel and Hall for example.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Pitkanen never got chippy. I’ve never seen him take a slashing penalty. Just holds. I’ve seen Dahlin take retaliatory penalties.

He’s also being used stupidly. Pair him with someone like Gudas or Polak and let him run wild. Take the turnovers with the good.
That’s not true of Pitkanen in his time in Carolina. He was actually a little bit sneaky dirty at times, always with his stick. I recall @bleedgreen commenting on it back then.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Dahlin has the right mindset but hes been horrible all year so his voice doesnt carry much weight. He needs to be doing what hes saying. Hes one of their biggest disappointments
Tired of all the shitty takes on Dahlin and here's why: It's the exact same thing as when in wrestling an incredible talent like Ricochet or Keith Lee signs with WWE and then get told stop doing all the stuff that makes you great, they have no choice but to listen and their match quality plummets, fans lose interest in them and then they get buried for not being over. The stupid coach has essentially ordered Dahlin to cut all of the things that made him such a highly touted prospect out of his game.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This team is a shitshow, just a complete garbage fire on ice. Most dysfunctional team in the league. Other bad teams know they suck and play accordingly, you can see it in their roster and system/style. Sabres have some talent but it’s just not utilized, absolutely nothing works currently. As for Dahlin calling people out- eh, he’s trying to be a leader. Guys like Montour and Miller are much more noticeable concerns.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He better be careful what he says. The last Sabre to call out his team got banished to a cup championship.

I think Sam Reinhart also tried that yet he's still a part of that shit show. Guess it's a hit or miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->