Rangers will enter Draft Lottery (4/28) 8th overall

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If they are sitting at 9 or 10 in the draft, I would highly suggest they trade Buchnevich to move up to 4 to 6 if possible. If Tkachuk is sitting there, then do it at all costs. Not a fan of his game. I'm sure other GM's out there are. To me, he doesn't fit what Gorton traded for at the deadline and drafted last year with Chytil and Andersson.

If they had to give up the 9th, Buchnevich and say Day. I'd still do it. Not sure Montreal would. However, Montreal isn't exactly a team for patience. If they are sitting there at 4, they might bite on that.

Buch & a top 10 for a top 5? God no.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Buch & a top 10 for a top 5? God no.

I'm on your side here, for simple economics. What are you giving up vs. getting? Say we pick at 8. At least one of Bouchard, Boqvist, Dobson, Hughes or Wahlstrom will likely be on the board. Is it really worth giving up one of those, plus Buchnevich, to move up slightly higher?

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
If they are sitting at 9 or 10 in the draft, I would highly suggest they trade Buchnevich to move up to 4 to 6 if possible. If Tkachuk is sitting there, then do it at all costs. Not a fan of his game. I'm sure other GM's out there are. To me, he doesn't fit what Gorton traded for at the deadline and drafted last year with Chytil and Andersson.

If they had to give up the 9th, Buchnevich and say Day. I'd still do it. Not sure Montreal would. However, Montreal isn't exactly a team for patience. If they are sitting there at 4, they might bite on that.
Tkachuck isnt that good, certainly not with who else is avaliable at 5. If we traded Buch to get into the top 5 and thats who we took I'd probably throw my remote thorugh the tv

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Tkachuck isnt that good, certainly not with who else is avaliable at 5. If we traded Buch to get into the top 5 and thats who we took I'd probably throw my remote thorugh the tv

I really don't see Tkachuk getting past both Montreal and Vancouver unless one or both teams move up to the #1 or #2 OA pick.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I really don't see Tkachuk getting past both Montreal and Vancouver unless one or both teams move up to the #1 or #2 OA pick.
Thats what I also think, especially Vancouver who prob feel they made a huge mistake taking Juolevi instead of Matthew

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I find it funny that the same people who complain that we drafted Lias because of intangibles want to trade up for Tkachuk. If an NA player has intnagibles it's great, if it's a European he's lacking skill. Then the same people complain about soft Europeans. Can't win.
FWIW I would be way more angry over Tkachuk, but that's just me.

In general, you're not wrong.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
FWIW I would be way more angry over Tkachuk, but that's just me.

In general, you're not wrong.

I don't group you with those people. But I find it funny that none of our North 'Murica posters who love gritty defensive minded forwards that play well along the boards supposedly have praised the Lias pick. The only people that have praised the pick seem to be people that don't have an ethnocentric agenda.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't group you with those people. But I find it funny that none of our North 'Murica posters who love gritty defensive minded forwards that play well along the boards supposedly have praised the Lias pick. The only people that have praised the pick seem to be people that don't have an ethnocentric agenda.

At least he's only Swedish so they'll just ignore him.

If he were Russian, we'd have to have to talk about it every other post.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I will never understand the Tkachuk hate on these boards for a kid who’s a damn good hockey player. So Craig Button, notoriously known for weird rankings, has him 2nd. Who cares? He’s the third best forward in this draft and his skill always gets swept under the rug. People think he’s Max Jones, who’s an overrated lunchpail 4th liner. He’s a W that’s been forced to play C, and even then, he’s been a force for BU in the second half of the season.

My top-4 is Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Boqvist. Tkachuk is my 5th, followed by Hughes, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bouchard, Farabee, and Smith/Wilde.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
For me, it’s not that I hate Tkachuk, there are just other guys I would rather take than him depending on the spot.

I also think you can make an argument that Wahlstrom is better than Tkachuk

If the Rangers pick 8th, and he’s there, yeah go ahead and take him though

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I will never understand the Tkachuk hate on these boards for a kid who’s a damn good hockey player. So Craig Button, notoriously known for weird rankings, has him 2nd. Who cares? He’s the third best forward in this draft and his skill always gets swept under the rug. People think he’s Max Jones, who’s an overrated lunchpail 4th liner. He’s a W that’s been forced to play C, and even then, he’s been a force for BU in the second half of the season.

My top-4 is Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Boqvist. Tkachuk is my 5th, followed by Hughes, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bouchard, Farabee, and Smith/Wilde.
I don’t think people hate him - they’re understandably wary of using a very high pick on a guy who might be boosted a handful of spots due to his last name and his brothers success

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

You've made this exact post like 10 times in the past three weeks, is it that fun for you?

Reactions: NewYorkNick

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
For me, it’s not that I hate Tkachuk, there are just other guys I would rather take than him depending on the spot.

I also think you can make an argument that Wahlstrom is better than Tkachuk

If the Rangers pick 8th, and he’s there, yeah go ahead and take him though

That’s how I feel. Tkachuk anywhere in the 6-10 range would be fine. Top 5? Nope and that’s where it seems he may go based on everything I keep reading.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Too much. Buch + 8OA for 2OA---as in Svechnikov---yeah I would do that. Maybe I'd do it to move up and take Boqvist. Otherwise no. Keep in mind too that Boqvist IMO will need at least another year in Sweden but I think he'll be very much worth waiting for.

I suggested the other day Buchnevich for Chicago's 1st which right now is 7OA straight up. I think the Blackhawks might be open to something like that. They don't have a lot of cap to work with and they need scoring depth pretty badly. Bowman (and Quenneville) got a reprieve-- if things don't get better next year they probably won't get a second reprieve. Then we try to package some of our late 1st's or 2nd's to move up again. Picking 7th, 8th and somewhere between 18 and 22 would be a good set up on draft day.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think Zucc and one of the Rangers 2nds gets you another top 10 pick from Oilers/Blackhawks. If their picks are in the 7-11 range

Exactly the kind of deal I'm hoping for. Love Zucc, but with at least the next year, perhaps two, being rebuilds he needs to be moved before the draft. Would love to be picking at 7 and 8 overall...assuming we don't win a lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00