Rangers will enter Draft Lottery (4/28) 8th overall

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Also we finish with the 26th and 30th pick as well as the lottery pick. Going to be a fun night come draft. If we decide to keep the others in attempt to move up. But theres no need to unless the Rangers really love one particular prospect, but I'd rather have the 3 first round picks and stay at 8 if we do end up there.

Reactions: bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You seemed to fill in the blank fine lol think of it like a brain exercise. You passed! Congrats!

Anyway, assuming we stay at 8th, who are you hoping falls to us?

And which of Svechnikov or Zadina would you like if we hoped into #2 or #3?
Tough one, either one i'd be thrilled with.

Reactions: GregSirico

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Also we finish with the 26th and 30th pick as well as the lottery pick. Going to be a fun night come draft. If we decide to keep the others in attempt to move up. But theres no need to unless the Rangers really love one particular prospect, but I'd rather have the 3 first round picks and stay at 8 if we do end up there.
I thought those picks could change based on where the team is eliminated?
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

Reactions: Griffinbw

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
You seemed to fill in the blank fine lol think of it like a brain exercise. You passed! Congrats!

Def Svechnikov, he's a future star in the league. As for who would I like at 8 one of Boqvsit or Wahlstrom would be nice though if Hughes Bouchard or Dobson fell there and we picked them I wouldn't be too angry. Tkacuchk's an alright player but there will certainly be better choices

Reactions: bl02

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I thought those picks could change based on where the team is eliminated?
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia
Ah got that confused with the NBA. So let's hope Boston gets swept and Tampa wins the cup so we get that 1st pick next season.

Reactions: Alluckks

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Islanders get two lottery picks(thanks Calgary). St. Louis the other. We drop to 11th anyways.

Well, maybe Chicago gets 1st, and we only drop to 10th, and pick IlrathMc

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we pick 1st - Dahlin
If we pick 2nd - Svechnikov
If we pick 3rd- Boqvist
If we pick 8th - Still Boqvist, but probably Dobson or Smith
If we pick 9th or 10th - Dobson/Smith/Hughes/Merkely
If we trade up - Boqvist

Just get me Boqvist. He's playing D against men at 17.

I also really want Woo but that's late 1st or early 2nd. Boqvist, Bokk, and Woo and I'll be over the moon.

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Really like Dobson and Boqvist

Personal hot take: Stay away from Hughes.

Reactions: Ori

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why can't we pick 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th?

There is a lottery for picks 1, 2 and 3.

As a result we and all lottery picks can move up to 1-3. This means that we can pick 1-3 or 8.

But in addition, it is possible that 1-3 of the 9-15 ranked teams also wins one, two or three of the lottery picks. Each time that happens, we move back a spot. So we can pick 1-3 or 8 or 9-11.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gotcha cheers boys. I thought all spots 1-15 were up for grabs but a team couldn't drop or rise more than 3 spots.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

I hope we draft Boqvist
And Svechnikov AINEC. I’d take Boqvist, Dobson, Tkachuk, and several others over Zadina. Zadina has bust written all over him

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Dahlin/Svech/Zadina/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson/Tkachuk/Wahlstrom.

If we stay @8 I'd be happy with whoever is remaining.

Reactions: Claxton

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's in our best interests for the Bruins to get knocked out of the playoffs right away, so the pick we received from them is as high as possible? But with Tampa, it's trickier? On the one hand, we want them to get knocked out of the playoffs quickly, so there 2018 pick us as high as possible, but we also need them to win the Cup, in order for the conditional 2019 pick that we received to become a first rounder?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's in our best interests for the Bruins to get knocked out of the playoffs right away, so the pick we received from them is as high as possible? But with Tampa, it's trickier? On the one hand, we want them to get knocked out of the playoffs quickly, so there 2018 pick us as high as possible, but we also need them to win the Cup, in order for the conditional 2019 pick that we received to become a first rounder?

Boaton and NJ eliminated in 1st round. Tampa wins the Cup.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If we pick 1st - Dahlin
If we pick 2nd - Svechnikov
If we pick 3rd- Boqvist
If we pick 8th - Still Boqvist, but probably Dobson or Smith
If we pick 9th or 10th - Dobson/Smith/Hughes/Merkely
If we trade up - Boqvist

Just get me Boqvist. He's playing D against men at 17.

I also really want Woo but that's late 1st or early 2nd. Boqvist, Bokk, and Kravtsov and I'll be over the moon.

Even better...I don't like Woo's concussion history.

As for Boqvist, do you really want an undersized Dman with our top pick?

:naughty:

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
upload_2018-4-8_7-16-5.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad