Rangers will enter Draft Lottery (4/28) 8th overall

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Assuming nobody jumps the Rangers in the lottery and we do not select at #1, #2, or #3 we will be 8th.

Rangers have a 6% chance at the 1st Overall pick.

6.3% chance at 2nd Overall.

6.7% chance at 3rd Overall.

36.8% chance of picking 8th.

36% chance of picking 9th.

7.8% chance of picking 10th.

0.4% chance of picking 11th.

2018 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Who ya got?

Dahlin is the consensus #1 Overall.

Zadina and Scechnikov are generally considered to be at 2 and 3.

After that it is a bit more up in the air.

Boqvist
Bouchard
Dobson
Thachuk
Wahlstrom
Hughes

Other?

Farabee and Wilde seem to be getting more traction and attention lately.

Rangers also hold the Lightning 2018 1st round pick and the Bruins 2018 1st round pick.

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope we end up with a scoring winger in this 2018 draft even though we need defense. So more likely we end up with either Dahlin or Boqvist and that do not sounds bad at all, but another year without a sniper on this team starting to get really frustrating even though Kevin and DeAngelo is back at the blueline, but I`ve notion that Kevin is gone in the summer window as @Ola mentioned. :)

Reactions: NYR

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
20% odds. Very good odds. Also high odds we move up to 9, heck even 10. So whatever happens we need to hope we either move up to top 3 or that we do pick 8th.

1/5 chance we win the lottery.

Reactions: GregSirico

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Hmm..this isn't confirmed by any means...silly title.
It is the most likely scenario to occur. Would you have felt better if I put "[conditional]" at the end? Or "[likely]" somewhere?

I included all the additional information in the top post as well. The point was to not make the title too confusing or needlessly long. The posters here clearly get the gist and it hasn't misled anyone - in fact, the only negative effect so far is the one or two posters have littered the first page with tedious complaints rather than discussion haha

Reactions: shinchanyo

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It is the most likely scenario to occur. Would you have felt better if I put "[conditional]" at the end? Or "[likely]" somewhere?

I included all the additional information in the top post as well. The point was to not make the title too confusing or needlessly long. The posters here clearly get the gist and it hasn't misled anyone - in fact, the only negative effect so far is the one or two posters have littered the first page with tedious complaints rather than discussion haha

Hmm, how about, "Rangers have the 8th best chance to win the lottery"?

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Hmm, how about, "Rangers have the 8th best chance to win the lottery"?
Sure, that could be slightly better - but good job, you seem to understand the topic despite the horrific title, happy you figured it out despite the obvious confusion.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Sure, that could be slightly better - but good job, you seem to understand the topic despite the horrific title, happy you figured it out despite the obvious confusion.
It's cool. You f***ed up on the title. Own it.

You say "Rangers will be selecting 8th overall" in the title, even though there is a 60+% chance we won't :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
typical Ranger luck would have been for this team to draft 10th or even 9th but we got ourselves in a very good spot to grab a top d man. things are changing with the future and for the good. June 22nd is gonna be a big day for the future

Reactions: eco's bones

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
It's cool. You ****ed up on the title. Own it.

You say "Rangers will be selecting 8th overall" in the title, then go on to say there is a 60+% chance we won't :laugh:
"The Rangers will be selecting 8th Overall in the 2018 Draft... barring any changes via the lottery."

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Blows my mind that after this disaster of a season we still have a higher pick than last draft (as the dominos have currently fallen).

The grass is always greener.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
That's not what your title says.
You seemed to fill in the blank fine lol think of it like a brain exercise. You passed! Congrats!

Anyway, assuming we stay at 8th, who are you hoping falls to us?

And which of Svechnikov or Zadina would you like if we hoped into #2 or #3?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad