Rangers will enter Draft Lottery (4/28) 8th overall

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Exactly the kind of deal I'm hoping for. Love Zucc, but with at least the next year, perhaps two, being rebuilds he needs to be moved before the draft. Would love to be picking at 7 and 8 overall...assuming we don't win a lottery.

Yeah. Oilers and Blackhawks need cheap wingers. Zucc at 50% is that option and they have the ability to woo him to resign.

I would jump for joy if the Rangers somehow got either pick 1, 2 or 3 then made the Zucc @ 50% and the Devils #2 for pick 8, 9 or 10.

I would even say get even more crazy and package the Boston and Tampa pick to get another pick in the 14-17 range.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I’d be interested in signing a guy like Stewart, Kulemin, or de Haan to 1 year deals and seeing if we can salvage value at of then at the deadline.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah. Oilers and Blackhawks need cheap wingers. Zucc at 50% is that option and they have the ability to woo him to resign.

I would jump for joy if the Rangers somehow got either pick 1, 2 or 3 then made the Zucc @ 50% and the Devils #2 for pick 8, 9 or 10.

I would even say get even more crazy and package the Boston and Tampa pick to get another pick in the 14-17 range.

I like the first part of your post. But I'd rather have two shots at the end of the first than a single pick in the middle of the round.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Zucc and one of the Rangers 2nds gets you another top 10 pick from Oilers/Blackhawks. If their picks are in the 7-11 range

Take a look at cap friendly. The Blackhawks won't be very easily able to take on Zucc's contract. Maybe if we took Seabrook back. To take Seabrook back though I'd want their next two first rounders and they can forget about Zucc. I can see Chicago trading that first for some immediate and cheap offensive help.

The other thing is I'm not sure Zucc is as valuable right now as some think. He's pretty much going into his rental year and very well will be a $5.5 mil per year player after that.

Zucc would be a better fit for the Oilers IMO though Buch would fit in there too. Buchnevich for the Blackhawks.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Take a look at cap friendly. The Blackhawks won't be very easily able to take on Zucc's contract. Maybe if we took Seabrook back. To take Seabrook back though I'd want their next two first rounders and they can forget about Zucc. I can see Chicago trading that first for some immediate and cheap offensive help.

The other thing is I'm not sure Zucc is as valuable right now as some think. He's pretty much going into his rental year and very well will be a $5.5 mil per year player after that.

Zucc would be a better fit for the Oilers IMO though Buch would fit in there too. Buchnevich for the Blackhawks.

In the case of a rebuild, would think the Rangers would want to hold on to Buch. Oilers I can see being a better overall destination for Zucc.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In the case of a rebuild, would think the Rangers would want to hold on to Buch. Oilers I can see being a better overall destination for Zucc.

FWIW I'd consider both moves......though then you're in the area of rebuild more than retool. I'm not convinced Buchnevich is going to be a great player. I think he can be a very good one. IMO the upper end of this draft might turn out a lot of top level players--it's just another immediate hit to the next season or two waiting for who you draft to start hitting their stride--meanwhile Buchnevich either takes the next step or he doesn't. I think he could go either way. If we're picking 7th, 8th and 9th that could easily be Wahlstrom, Hughes and Dobson.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Let's say Montreal gets pick #3 - they ask for all 3 of our picks - #8, #26, & #30 for that pick. Do it?

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Let's say Montreal gets pick #3 - they ask for all 3 of our picks - #8, #26, & #30 for that pick. Do it?

Not I. Too many good players going to be there at 8 still for me to give up 2 more of those lottery tickets. If our first pick was 11+ though I would definitely consider it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn thats tough. I say no. If they got #2 probably. I'm still hoping for a homerun pick like a Bokk with the better of the Boston/TB pick

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If we win, it's Dahlin
If we land 2/3 I will be happy with either Zadina or Svechnikov, I like Zadina's shot, but Svechnikov can do everything. I would not complain if we drafted either or at either spot.
If we trade up to 4/5 - I want Boqvist, Hughes, or Zadina (I think it's possible he can slide if Brady goes high)
At 8 I want Hughes (if he drops) or Wahlstrom.

Lots of ways this can play out.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
What do you guys think it costs to move from 8 to 6 or 4? I'm guessing something in the neighborhood of a 2nd rounder to move up two spots? What's the price tag for jumping all the way to 4?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What do you guys think it costs to move from 8 to 6 or 4? I'm guessing something in the neighborhood of a 2nd rounder to move up two spots? What's the price tag for jumping all the way to 4?

I hate our usual draft strategy: they like a few players that will be there when they draft. Those players are ranked much lower. so instead of try our luck and trade up to get somebody more elite or trade down and gamble that their guy is still available they just sit there and pick a player much higher than he was supposed to go then they wonder what happened why don't we have any elite players and why is our system so bare?

Reactions: wafflepadsave

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I hate our usual draft strategy: they like a few players that will be there when they draft. Those players are ranked much lower. so instead of try our luck and trade up to get somebody more elite or trade down and gamble that their guy is still available they just sit there and pick a player much higher than he was supposed to go then they wonder what happened why don't we have any elite players and why is our system so bare?
Well if the Rangers think these are the best players available and they can't trade down low enough to still get them, then what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad