Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
First time this morning on Tankathon

upload_2018-4-8_7-26-18.png

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's in our best interests for the Bruins to get knocked out of the playoffs right away, so the pick we received from them is as high as possible? But with Tampa, it's trickier? On the one hand, we want them to get knocked out of the playoffs quickly, so there 2018 pick us as high as possible, but we also need them to win the Cup, in order for the conditional 2019 pick that we received to become a first rounder?

If a team goes to the final then there picks the last 2 I believe

Doesn’t matter much both Tbay and Boston picks are late

If Tbay wins the cup the next years 2 is a 1

Reactions: Lone Ranger

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Boston still has a game to play. They could pass Tampa for the #1 seed.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
For me, with absolutely nothing guaranteed as we conclude a bad season, I appreciate having odds for a top three pick that are almost double what they were at the 10 spot.

I also like the possibility that the Rangers wouldn’t have to wait to get their guy if they don’t win the lottery. Doesn’t necessarily change the fact that they could go off the trail and pick someone I had 15th, but I like them having as much destiny as possible in their own hands.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Last year, the cutoff was pretty clearly at 6 (though for me Pettersson was the get, and he went at 5), but this year, there's only a small drop from, say, 3, and then the next one feels like it's around 11, maybe 12. Thrilled to finish 8, with a solid chance of moving up, but no chance of dropping to the second tier.

Figure the top 11 are:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Bouchard
Dobson
Hughes
Wilde
Farabee

With maybe some shuffling. Even without surprise off the board picks bumping guys up, and even assuming a worst case scenario where the Rangers slide back 3 spots, they're still in good shape.

Now, let's go win the lottery. :D

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
If they are sitting at 9 or 10 in the draft, I would highly suggest they trade Buchnevich to move up to 4 to 6 if possible. If Tkachuk is sitting there, then do it at all costs. Not a fan of his game. I'm sure other GM's out there are. To me, he doesn't fit what Gorton traded for at the deadline and drafted last year with Chytil and Andersson.

If they had to give up the 9th, Buchnevich and say Day. I'd still do it. Not sure Montreal would. However, Montreal isn't exactly a team for patience. If they are sitting there at 4, they might bite on that.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If they are sitting at 9 or 10 in the draft, I would highly suggest they trade Buchnevich to move up to 4 to 6 if possible. If Tkachuk is sitting there, then do it at all costs. Not a fan of his game. I'm sure other GM's out there are. To me, he doesn't fit what Gorton traded for at the deadline and drafted last year with Chytil and Andersson.

If they had to give up the 9th, Buchnevich and say Day. I'd still do it. Not sure Montreal would. However, Montreal isn't exactly a team for patience. If they are sitting there at 4, they might bite on that.

Buchnevich, Day, and our 1st for Brady Tkachuk? No thank you. Boqvist or Wahlstrom maybe, but even then I'm not a huge fan

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
As I mentioned in the Draft/UDFA thread,

Gut feeling the Edmonton SO is going to be huge for us.

8th overall history - Recently, pretty good...

17 - F Casey Mittelstadt, BUF
16 - F Alexander Nylander, BUF
15 - D Zach Werenski, CBJ
14 - F William Nylander, TOR
13 - D Rasmus Ristolainen, BUF
12 - D Derrick Pouliot, PIT
11 - F Sean Couturier, PHI
10 - F Alexander Burmistrov, ATL
09 - F Scott Glennie, DAL
08 - F Mikkel Boedker, PHX
07 - F Zach Hamill, BOS
06 - F Peter Mueller, PHX
05 - F Devin Setoguchi, SJS
04 - F Alexandre Picard, CBJ
03 - D Braydon Coburn, ATL
02 - F PM Bouchard, MIN

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I’m not seeing Smith up there on most lists, but I think he is a tremendously underrated talent who has a shot to play in the NHL for a long time.
He's just so consistently good. A tad small, but his wheels are incredible and he reads the game so well.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Last year, the cutoff was pretty clearly at 6 (though for me Pettersson was the get, and he went at 5), but this year, there's only a small drop from, say, 3, and then the next one feels like it's around 11, maybe 12. Thrilled to finish 8, with a solid chance of moving up, but no chance of dropping to the second tier.

Figure the top 11 are:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Bouchard
Dobson
Hughes
Wilde
Farabee

With maybe some shuffling. Even without surprise off the board picks bumping guys up, and even assuming a worst case scenario where the Rangers slide back 3 spots, they're still in good shape.

As Lundqvist said - let scouts do their job.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Figure the top 11 are:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Bouchard
Dobson
Hughes
Wilde
Farabee

Kotkaniemi might make it a top 12.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
For me, with absolutely nothing guaranteed as we conclude a bad season, I appreciate having odds for a top three pick that are almost double what they were at the 10 spot.

I also like the possibility that the Rangers wouldn’t have to wait to get their guy if they don’t win the lottery. Doesn’t necessarily change the fact that they could go off the trail and pick someone I had 15th, but I like them having as much destiny as possible in their own hands.

I would much rather make a package and trade up and have two top 12-15

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
You seemed to fill in the blank fine lol think of it like a brain exercise. You passed! Congrats!

Anyway, assuming we stay at 8th, who are you hoping falls to us?

And which of Svechnikov or Zadina would you like if we hoped into #2 or #3?
Svech.

Both are great prospects though. I'd be thrilled picking number 3 in this draft.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
First 10 pulls on Tankathon:

Ottawa
Rangers
Rangers
Detroit (Rangers at 9)
Zona
Habs
Buffalo