GDT: Rangers vs Pens Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
If they can't handle hard part of the schedule, they might as well just pack their bags and go home.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The Pens are just a better team right now. When Ferreiro is on your PP, something is wrong.

1 goal for Nash is unacceptable. The bottom 6 literally has no use for this team.

All of this.

I 100% agree that one goal for Nash is unacceptable. Sad thing is, he has still ben our best forward. He's the only player who creates offense. Not converting makes it all worthless, but still. I agree with every single thing you wrote.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Nash brought Columbus with him. At this point, I wouldnt be surprised if they end up ahead of us.
I gotta be honest artie and dubi are missed. sure they werent top players but had chemistry and were important to this team. stepan was untouchable and i agreed with that but he is showing nothing so far.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I haven't watched any of this game but I do think Hank has to sit next game. Maybe the team will pull their heads out of their rears and realize they can't sit back and let him do it all. On a positive note, our hard part of the schedule is over. We all knew 3-4 was a distinct possibility when the schedule was released

Yep, our next games against the Lightning and Devils will be a cakewalk.

:shakehead

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The shutout deal doesn't even work when it's not your team you goofs. Ask the dude with the super sweet I love hockey avatar about that one.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
HOW can you blame our lack of scoring on the coach? I just don't get it... our players look nervous, indecisive, unconfident, etc. The lack of creativity lies within the players... the endless idiotic penalties are the PLAYERS' fault not Torts... lol

If it's one our two guys, blame them. If it's everyone, blame their leader. I still think Torts is the right coach for this team, but you can't hold him blameless in all this.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Perhaps we should stop putting our top 3 talents on the same damn ****ing line. If they don't score, then what happens?

Drewbackatu*

we have tons of talent i have no idea why torts won allow any creativity with this team

We have tons of talent????? What the **** are you watching; this team has 2 legit goal scorers on the entire team(Gabby and Nash) and if they don't score, we are dead in the water. We are a glorified AHL offense with nobody to bring up from the train wreck that Conn is!

danman1202

Nov 19, 2006
Long Island
I gotta be honest artie and dubi are missed. sure they werent top players but had chemistry and were important to this team. stepan was untouchable and i agreed with that but he is showing nothing so far.

Maybe Anisimov is missed

Dubinsky got a contract and completely checked out. He can stay in Columbus for eternity

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I'm starting to have flashbacks of the 2007-2008 season.

The year prior we make a good run in the playoffs (Conference Finals last season, tight 2nd series with Buffalo in 2007), we make some big changes in the offseason (Gomez and Drury in 2007, Nash this season), we become one of the favourites to come out of the East, but badly fail to live up to expectations.

Incidentally, the 2007-2008 team had a weak powerplay.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The Pens are just a better team right now. When Ferreiro is on your PP, something is wrong.

1 goal for Nash is unacceptable. The bottom 6 literally has no use for this team.

Agreed, I like the way Nash has played but he was brought here to score goals and he hasn't been doing that.

The bottom 6 was problematic last year because they couldn't score and we have the same issues this year. I'm sick and tired of seeing other team's 4th line skate circles around ours - it was a weakness that was exposed during the ECF and it has yet to be addressed.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Because.

THE.SYSTEM.HE.PLAYS.SUCKS

And what system is that? Elaborate. I criticize Torts' defensive schemes all day long but offense is all on the players in my book. Elaborate on what is wrong with Torts' offensive schemes and maybe I'll agree with you... you can't just say: "The System! **** the SYSTEM!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad