Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I would lol. Tell Hank he's had enough work this season and to prepare for next year haha. This team is so pathetic it's incredible. I'm not sure there's a worse team at defensive coverage and just making simple hockey plays.
You can see how pissed he gets after every goal. Let it go, Hank. :laugh:

anigif_enhanced-17688-1481143706-2.gif

I just feel bad watching him play this hard, I don't actually want him to be worse lol

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Mika had a terrific playoffs but i wouldn't say magnitude better. Brassard had a decent playoffs. And i'm willing to bet lots of money mika will never do what brassard did in the playoffs with this team.
And I'd be willing to bet that Brassard won't again either.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Guessing Hank will replace Valiquuette at some point next to Duguay. They can reminisce about who had the better reign of the city during their tenure. Duguay will obviously leverage studio 54.

Hank can counter with the now closed but legendary Kiss & Fly down in WV. That place was pure bliss :nod:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I never said he was physical but your hot takes are asinine. I don’t believe anyone billed him as physical I would argue though for his age he is better than both of him. But hang on to the nostalgia of Brass and Stepan and never let the team move on and improve it’s the same as keeping Staal and Girardi around with those awful contracts.
I was all for trading Stephan and I love the return. I understood Brassard for Zib but he’s been a major disappointment

Reactions: shinchanyo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brassard was flat out garbage against us last year, the difference between the 2 was an order of magnitude.
He was very good against the Bruins in the first round. He had a good playoffs statistically.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Disappointing season for Zibanejad, for sure. No reason to give up on him, but I base that statement on the fact that I think he can play some really great hockey, and I only state that because I have seen it. The season turned for him (head injury has something to do with that), just like for the team itself. I realize others will have a different opinion, but for me, I look at this season as transition. I hope Zibs can stay healthy, that's my biggest worry for him.
Brassard is history. Gone. I moved on from that trade, happily, a long time ago.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He already did. Look I'm rooting for Mika but he looks so fragile out there especially after multiple concussions. He just doesn't look like the same player. Almost afraid to make contact
Who gives a shit if he did already? When you make a trade, you get their future performance, not the past. That's because of the way time works.

Reactions: Ail and jas

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brassard has 1 point in his last 10 games since we're so interested in current performances.
Still more even strength goals in last 10 and on a team that scores considerably fewer goals ;)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Who gives a **** if he did already? When you make a trade, you get their future performance, not the past. That's because of the way time works.
Yeah and hope it works out but just saying guy doesn't look the same after his yet another concussion.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This franchise is too cursed to get one of those guys. I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind any of those three.
I'm scared of getting Dahlin. Probably tears his ACL his first year here.
We think alike. This team is cursed. Their picks never seem to pan out when we pick high in the draft for some strange reason. Either they are good at picking busts or there is something lacking in our player development or scouts. I am gun shy about relying strictly on picks to do a full rebuild.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I just want Hank to get his 30 wins. Otherwise this season is over.

Reactions: Lays

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This isn't really true.

He had a phenomenal opening around against Boston and then basically did nothing.
I wouldn't say 11 points in 19 games nothing. I watched every game of that boston series and he was good. Against us he wasn't but he did score maybe the biggest goal of the series. I didn't watch much of them against the pens.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
We think alike. This team is cursed. Their picks never seem to pan out when we pick high in the draft for some strange reason. Either they are good at picking busts or there is something lacking in our player development or scouts. I am gun shy about relying strictly on picks to do a full rebuild.
Maybe since Gernander was let go in Hartford the player development gets better? I honestly don't know as I am pretty ignorant about the Hartford situation. One thing I will say is that I think the Chytil and Andersson picks show a good eye by NYR, at least from what I have seen of them so far.
I would love to see the Rangers get a chance with a real top flight pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad