Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buffalo and Arizona don't have Lundqvist. And NYR have better talent than those 2 teams believe it or not. We don't have an Eichel or even a Keller type youngster but the depth on those teams is dog****.

How good will our depth be with a number of trades? And our depth already sucks, given injuries to Kreids, Shatty and Buch. Staal and Vesey aren't that good, but thats contributes, as well.

We probably won't catch them because of how few games are left. I'm realistically hoping we finish in the 4-5 range for the draft lottery with an outside shot at #3 if Ottawa starts playing well.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Exactly my point in the high school example.

He's very skilled. He's just never played to that level all that consistently, and seems when anything gets the slightest bit difficult, he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to fight to win. Has nothing to do with nationality. It's more to do with his age (seems to be the prototypical millennial), and the fact his only NHL experience is with a loser organization in Ottawa and a Ranger team with a window shutting abruptly.

Would thrive in an environment where he can be a follower and not have to drive anything himself.

Yeah he seems to have the #ICantEven face when the going gets tough.

Reactions: NCRanger

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think everyone goes but Mcdonagh. I think that’s too much. They’d have to be totally blown away.

But zucc Nash grabner desharnais Holden will all be gone. If they can unload Brendan Smith they will try that too although don’t think possible.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm really struggling to see what others see in Zibanejad. I just don't know how a guy with eight years in the league still has "potential". When is it that he is what he is?

He's just not that great.

The best explanation I can give of Zibanejad is this:

He's exactly like the girl in school that all the guys want to go out with because she looks so great from a distance. Cheerleader, appears to have 100 hot friends. You finally get up the nerve to ask her out, and shockingly, she says yes and she's actually surprised you did because she isn't dating anyone. In doing so, you end up breaking up with a girl who you really like and enjoy spending time with, but she isn't the girl that's going to make you the envy of the school. So you end up going out with her, and while all the guys think you are a God, you find out really quickly that outside of being hot, she's really boring, you have very little in common, and offers nothing outside of being eye candy. She's also clingy, needy, and costs you a ton of money and time. So, while you've improved your social standing slightly, you're actually miserable, and you blew a good thing.

It's not you.
The above bolded is just a fact of life..

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think everyone goes but Mcdonagh. I think that’s too much. They’d have to be totally blown away.

But zucc Nash grabner desharnais Holden will all be gone. If they can unload Brendan Smith they will try that too although don’t think possible.

Smith for a 7th rounder is addition by subtraction.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

McD is like Nash and Grabner--a good second-tier support piece on a true contender. His powerful skating and ability to rush the puck past the red line is still is best asset. He doesn't need to be the C on a team with true championship aspirations. On another team with a more stable system, he will do fine.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Don't really have energy to defend Ziba against haters.

Two points: how the guy he was traded for is doing now?
Second, when he was here Brass was sheltered by a top-form Stepan and his line (and Richards') from any tough matchups. He was also on a top contender and deep team, not half AHL roster that's the current Rangers. Zibanejad gets none of this. When I think Zibanejad I picture that player who was a terror centering Kreider and Buch.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I think he has the skill, but I also think he has an attitude problem.

He didn’t seem to start pushing harder when the team started taking a nose dive, and now he looks as if he’s mailed it in.

What do you think?

I don't think he had an attitude problem, he just had an expectations vs reality problem. Zibanejad, like the rest of this team's key skaters, is a tail of the distribution first liner. Those guys start to look much better when they play with true stars. He's not the kind of guy that can do it himself and that's what he's being asked to do right now.

Reactions: bl02 and Off Sides

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I'm really struggling to see what others see in Zibanejad. I just don't know how a guy with eight years in the league still has "potential". When is it that he is what he is?

He's exactly like the girl in school that all the guys want to go out with because she looks so great from a distance. Cheerleader, appears to have 100 hot friends. You finally get up the nerve to ask her out, and shockingly, she says yes and she's actually surprised you did because she isn't dating anyone. In doing so, you end up breaking up with a girl who you really like and enjoy spending time with, but she isn't the girl that's going to make you the envy of the school. So you end up going out with her, and while all the guys think you are a God, you find out really quickly that outside of being hot, she's really boring, you have very little in common, and offers nothing outside of being eye candy. She's also clingy, needy, and costs you a ton of money and time. So, while you've improved your social standing slightly, you're actually miserable, and you blew a good thing.

He's not THAT hot

Reactions: TheTakedown

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

This is a phenomenal analogy.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
McD is like Nash and Grabner--a good second-tier support piece on a true contender. His powerful skating and ability to rush the puck past the red line is still is best asset. He doesn't need to be the C on a team with true championship aspirations. On another team with a more stable system, he will do fine.
Agreed

Reactions: will1066

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't think he had an attitude problem, he just had an expectations vs reality problem. Zibanejad, like the rest of this team's key skaters, is a tail of the distribution first liner. Those guys start to look much better when they play with true stars. He's not the kind of guy that can do it himself and that's what he's being asked to do right now.

And Nash is a 3rd liner at this point, so the points aren't just going to rack up from thin air. Nash can't finish to save his life

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The injuries hurt and all and the team just doesn't have the talent but ugh are they hard to watch recently. This is my big complaint with AV and his system...there's almost no aggression in the teams game and guys always look like they don't know where they should be. It's just sloppy. When the talent is there and things are clicking then it all works better but I dunno, I feel AV isn't getting the best out of his players anymore. Used to be I'd say he got more out of his players than you'd expect but in the past 1-2 years that has been slipping. Zucc looks invisible, Miller can't find his ass with both hands, everyone is constantly scrambling in the defensive zone and playing with confusion and no clue where they should be...

Just hard to watch. Again, injuries play a big role but it's getting brutal

Reactions: NCRanger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad