Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Go ahead and start one. You want to claim an anti-euro bias. Mika was brought here replacing a beloved Ranger who was a clutch playoff performer. He was billed as a great young talent that also had a physical edge. He’s been hurt half his time here. He’s in his ass all game long, invisible all the other times he plays and hasn’t done a physical thing in two years. When the shoe fits.......

You realize that Mika was an order of magnitude better in the playoffs last year than that "beloved Ranger who was a clutch playoff performer" but hey continue with the hottest of hot takes.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You realize that Mika was an order of magnitude better in the playoffs than that "beloved Ranger who was a clutch playoff performer" but hey continue with the hottest of hot takes.
Brassard was our top playoff performer when he was here. Period

Reactions: NCRanger

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I don’t think anyone billed him as physical. The only thing in anyone’s ass is your head in your own. In 8 less games he has the same amount of points as Brassard. And in 9 less games he’s one point behind Stepan. He’s 24 so younger than both, and makes less than Stepan, and a lil bit more than Brassard.

Furthermore he’s been credited with 41 hits so that’s physical.

Here we go again...
Ok so he’s better than Brass and Stepan. Ok! And he’s physical too. My bad. By the way if I could get my head in my own ass I wouldn’t leave the house

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't see it man. Probably between 8-12. Atlantic teams suck. bottom pacific terrible. I wouldn't even say the Canes finish ahead of us
The Rangers are arguably worse than every team except Arizona, Buffalo, and Ottawa, and they arent ahead by much. I could easily see them dropping that far, especially after trading Nash, Grabner and others.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You realize that Mika was an order of magnitude better in the playoffs than that "beloved Ranger who was a clutch playoff performer" but hey continue with the hottest of hot takes.
Mika had a terrific playoffs but i wouldn't say magnitude better. Brassard had a decent playoffs. And i'm willing to bet lots of money mika will never do what brassard did in the playoffs with this team.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Rangers are arguably worse than every team except Arizona, Buffalo, and Ottawa, and they are ahead by much. I could easily see them dropping that far, especially after trading Nash, Grabner and others.
We should send Henrik to Aruba for a couple weeks. It's tough watching him play this hard when it'd be in the team's best interest to lose. :laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Mika had a terrific playoffs but i wouldn't say magnitude better. Brassard had a decent playoffs. And i'm willing to bet lots of money mika will never do what brassard did in the playoffs with this team.

This isn't really true.

He had a phenomenal opening around against Boston and then basically did nothing.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Brassard was on one of the best teams this team has had in a long time. If the rangers retool and get more talent on the roster zib could easily shine in the playoffs.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Need to get used to this sort of game. There's a cloud hanging over the team with all of the trade talk and I expect things to get way worse heading into the deadline. We should see a slight resurgence once some new blood comes into the lineup. I don't see more wins post-deadline, but a better effort should be there.

I feel like I say this every game lately, but I'm ready to move on from Zuccarello. Dude just looks like he wants to get out of here and onto something new. Can't really blame him, but the effort just hasn't been there for months now.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Rangers are arguably worse than every team except Arizona, Buffalo, and Ottawa, and they arent ahead by much. I could easily see them dropping that far, especially after trading Nash, Grabner and others.
True at this point they just got a big head start against us lol. so did teams like montreal, oilers and canucks.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
We should send Henrik to Aruba for a couple weeks. It's tough watching him play this hard when it'd be in the team's best interest to lose. :laugh:
I would lol. Tell Hank he's had enough work this season and to prepare for next year haha. This team is so pathetic it's incredible. I'm not sure there's a worse team at defensive coverage and just making simple hockey plays.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Ok so he’s better than Brass and Stepan. Ok! And he’s physical too. My bad. By the way if I could get my head in my own ass I wouldn’t leave the house
I never said he was physical but your hot takes are asinine. I don’t believe anyone billed him as physical I would argue though for his age he is better than both of him. But hang on to the nostalgia of Brass and Stepan and never let the team move on and improve it’s the same as keeping Staal and Girardi around with those awful contracts.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Brassard was flat out garbage against us last year, the difference between the 2 was an order of magnitude.

Edit: So as not sound too hyperbolic, Brassard wasn't good and Mika was last year in the second round...........

Reactions: shinchanyo

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't know man. If Chytil shows what he's showing him and Zadina on a line for the next 10 years?!?!
Zadina-Filip.png

Tell me that doesn’t look like a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad