Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Yegor Rykov

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think 225 was his listed weight on the prospect camp roster. I haven't seen anything official about it from the Rangers since then.
Ya sorry that is where it got it from, thought that was their official weigh ins.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Telling you right now Rykov is a beast. He’s going to make the team. Could see him and Hajek splitting some time. I think you’ll get this as the final group of 8.

Skjei Trouba Staal DeAngelo Hajek Fox Rykov and Smith (also acting as the 12th forward)

Reactions: Gardner McKay

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444.jpg

Jesus I didnt realize Rykov was a ****ing tank. He's more jacked than Miller is and that's not easy. He weighed in today at 225lbs.
Lean machine makes K’Andre look like a string bean but wait in 4 years until Miller officially becomes a beast

Reactions: McRanger

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Telling you right now Rykov is a beast. He’s going to make the team. Could see him and Hajek splitting some time. I think you’ll get this as the final group of 8.

Skjei Trouba Staal DeAngelo Hajek Fox Rykov and Smith (also acting as the 12th forward)

I think shatt will still be here even though we want him gone making the 'top 9' with hajek and rykov rotating between ny & hartford. neither needs waivers and both need to play so they will go back and forth unless one just runs away with the job

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I just can’t fathom shattenkirk coming back after that trouba deal. Just can’t see it happening. He’ll be dealt or bought out. Just no doubt in my mind.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I just can’t fathom shattenkirk coming back after that trouba deal. Just can’t see it happening. He’ll be dealt or bought out. Just no doubt in my mind.

Smith can play RD as well so it really depends on who is tradeable . Shatty or Smith will get dumped

Rykov size helps him no doubt

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

there definitely isn't a spot for him and i'm sure they want him gone but unless someone takes him in a trade (which so far there is no takers), I think he'll be back. I don't think buyouts make any sense...unless you have another move lined up that requires the cap space

i think they'll keep him as insurance against fox not being ready or injury over the dead cap space..and if you are considering a buyout then it should be no problem to put him in the press box

Reactions: Off Sides

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
After the revolving door at defense last year, I don't see Quinn being okay with Trouba/ADA/Fox as the only RD. I still see a place for Shattenkirk rather than forcing what would be a terrible buyout penalty right now, and I see a rotation on defense similar to last year unless guys start to force Quinn's hand to keep them in. You can't assume Fox is going to just step right in like a seasoned vet and see starts and large minutes every game. ADA still has much to prove.

The only scenario where I could see the Rangers eating the buyout penalty on Shattenkirk is if they are desperate to free the cap space up and there is no other way. It's hard to see them making this choice. It's not a prudent financial choice for the future.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Players who have clauses sitting more than they'd like probably would lead to those clauses being waived more easily.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What makes you so sure? Everything that has been discussed here points to there being little to no interest in Shattenkirk even at 50% and a buyout doesn't help us cap wise, especially next year. It would make the most sense to have him back on the roster, hope he performs well now that he is healthy and attempt to trade him at the deadline with 50% retention.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
With Rykov weighing in at 225, that will earn him at least +3 movement in the updated prospect rankings...and possibly +5 for the old school Jordan dunk contest t-shirt.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

This is assuming a Shattenkirk buyout?

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Shattenkirk, Staal & Smith are basically ensuring us no playoffs and a high pick next year.

Hopefully none of the kids stall out and our important youngin's get better and better.

Hell, if shatty does have a better year like you said and Kreider crushes it again (with no contract signed) AND Zucco resigns in DAL we could have one more ridiculous draft.

Like @Edge said:

Next year aim to be Carolina in '18 & in 2020 be Carolina in '19. I believe this is what it's looking like, and that is a best case scenario type of situation.

Reactions: Faceless

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
we so badly need a physical presence on this defense
Which can be provided by Lingren. Trouba also does not shy away. And I thought Hajek was supposed to have a level of physicality. Does not change the fact that to make all of this happen, Smith needs to be a 4th line forward, Shattenkirk needs to be placed not in the starting line up and Stall's playing time needs to be reduced.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
With Rykov weighing in at 225, that will earn him at least +3 movement in the updated prospect rankings...and possibly +5 for the old school Jordan dunk contest t-shirt.

As long as he can still skate. I'd certainly take Rykov looking like that over what Buchnevich looked like when he first got to NY

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

Is Fox that good? I would have thought he’d need one season to transition to a professional league. I know CK and others (Stepan?) have seamlessly made the jump — but I also don’t want to be presumptuous or rush him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is Fox that good? I would have thought he’d need one season to transition to a professional league. I know CK and others (Stepan?) have seamlessly made the jump — but I also don’t want to be presumptuous or rush him.

He's done about as much as you could want him to do up to this point in his career.

Unless hes overwhelmed in camp, I can't see him not making it.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov is an excellent skater and that build he reminds me of a young McDonagh.

I think He’s going to surprise a lot of people

On shatty I just can’t see him coming back really can’t. That’s just my personal opinion but I think the trouba trade basically sealed his fate.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
if im rykov i come in and hammer people and pretend i dont understand english

6'3 220 is large.

thats all i do. hit people and say .... "nyet"

we so badly need a physical presence on this defense

We have needed it for decades. Find it so strange that year after year they just never addressed it?

Trouba is by far the most physical dman the club has.
ADA can play physical, and even stand up for himself.

Looking forward to see id Lindgren can make the squad as as well as Rykov.

Miller was labeled a physical dman in his draft year. Ive yet to see him play that style yet. No question the tools are there. Guy is a physical beast. Hoping he plays with that edge.

All of the aforementioned can also skate. Future looking real bright!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad