Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Yegor Rykov

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Don't forget these Raddysh and Bergman fellas. Fox, by all accounts, needs work on positional play.

Bergman is gone. Raddysh could be something, but I think Rykov has a higher probability to make it. Fox has the biggest upside, but he might make the team initially.

Plenty of competition coming up!! NYR need to move on from Smith and/or Shattenkirk.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Don't forget these Raddysh and Bergman fellas. Fox, by all accounts, needs work on positional play.
Bergman has a deal with Frolunda and is almost a lock to go back to Sweden. Raddysh I was really happy to acquire but he looked pretty bad in Hartford. I wouldn't count on him making and contributions anytime soon, or ever.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
What is with the new thing on this board that when someone reads the situation and makes a completely logical educated guess about something the other person responds back with snark about how they aren't Nostradamus. Really odd.

I responded similarly to how I was replied to, mostly mocking the "Yeah" part which made me think of Office Space, to be honest.

I just took it a bit further. Nothing more.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
realistically, unless there are tons of trades and/or injuries (hopefully not to the young kids, but really I can't really *wish* injury upon other people. That's just cruel) I can't see all the kids playing on the team at once this year. And even when all our vets cycle off the roster, we have Miller, Lundkvist, Keane, and Reunanen coming down the pipe. All this BEFORE the draft. Miller could join us (more likely going pro with an ATO contract in Hartford so we don't burn a year) at the end of the season a la Makar. Not sure if that factors into expansion draft.

Like the Rangers, Hartford will potentially have A LOT of kids. This makes me wonder if there are any veteran defenseman with bad contracts and aren't really NHL level anymore we can take off some team's hand for a hefty return all to send them down to Hartford and pull a Wade Redden on the lot. Although, you know, actually get someone who will be a good influence on them. Like Ryan Suter or Brent Seabrook in 3-4 more years when their wheels come off. I dunno, there probably aren't any players like that right now.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
realistically, unless there are tons of trades and/or injuries (hopefully not to the young kids, but really I can't really *wish* injury upon other people. That's just cruel) I can't see all the kids playing on the team at once this year. And even when all our vets cycle off the roster, we have Miller, Lundkvist, Keane, and Reunanen coming down the pipe. All this BEFORE the draft. Miller could join us (more likely going pro with an ATO contract in Hartford so we don't burn a year) at the end of the season a la Makar. Not sure if that factors into expansion draft.

Like the Rangers, Hartford will potentially have A LOT of kids. This makes me wonder if there are any veteran defenseman with bad contracts and aren't really NHL level anymore we can take off some team's hand for a hefty return all to send them down to Hartford and pull a Wade Redden on the lot. Although, you know, actually get someone who will be a good influence on them. Like Ryan Suter or Brent Seabrook in 3-4 more years when their wheels come off. I dunno, there probably aren't any players like that right now.
The rules have changed You can only bury a portion of a players salary in Hartford now.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I thought Redden was considered a good influence in Hartford.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I thought Redden was considered a good influence in Hartford.
yeah, that's what is said but what was the actual impact he had? Maybe he did something good for McD and Zucc but those two were already special so I'm not sure how much was Wade and how much was just them being good. I think of what he did or didn't do for the likes of Valentenko, Kundratek, Del Zotto, Erixon, but then again, maybe those players were never good so no amount of Wade could have helped. But that brings me back to "what exactly did he do that was a good influence?

Also, LOL Boston acquired Wade Redden from St Louis for Sammy Blais (draft pick). If Blais goes on to score the cup clincher, this will be the funniest legacy of Wade Redden ever.

Reactions: egelband

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
i like this guy

6'3 225 and cheap. big. smart. can log lots of minutes. perfect 3rd pair guy

hope he plays well at camp

Excited they were able to bring him over this early. Logjam at the defensive position is a great problem to have, especially considering our situation last season.

Reactions: Rongomania

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444.jpg

Jesus I didnt realize Rykov was a f***ing tank. He's more jacked than Miller is and that's not easy. He weighed in today at 225lbs.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, where are the measurements at? Shouldn't we have some updates from Prospects camp?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad