Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Yegor Rykov

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Great post. I think people see things such as his knocking out Okposo and mistake that for Tony being a physical player. Tony knows how to fight but as far as giving and taking hits he's not really a physical player. Fights and scrums aren't really what being a physical player is all about--hitting and being able to take a hit is what it's about. They are the things that wear down players or teams and it's something that needs to happen game to game. Tony does not hit all that much or all that hard. He's not that big or strong that he can stand a pounding all game long. That's not him. He is a puck mover and he needs to rely on skating and positioning to be effective defensively and that's something he still needs to work on.

Agreed. Kronwall and OV are physical players; neither fights or really gets into scrums. You don’t have to be Chris Pronger to be considered physical.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He doesn’t think the game all that well though.

He needs to not play if this team wants to be any good this year. All of the leadershiping can happen between games.

While I respect you as a poster, the fact that you are quoting almost 3 month old posts of mine on Marc Staal, in a Yegor Rykov thread, shows me that there is little to no objectivity in how you view him.

I'm not sure why people can't let go of the things they can't change. :dunno:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
While I respect you as a poster, the fact that you are quoting almost 3 month old posts of mine on Marc Staal, in a Yegor Rykov thread, shows me that there is little to no objectivity in how you view him.

I'm not sure why people can't let go of the things they can't change. :dunno:

Same. Respected poster but if there’s a post randomly (more often than not derailed from the main discussion) knocking Staal I don’t even need to check its source.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If you’re asking what his injury was, he went into the boards feet first at Traverse City and sprained his ankle
Sounds like a soft euro.... any American would have gotten up, put their head down and hustled back into the play....

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sounds like a soft euro.... any American would have gotten up, put their head down and hustled back into the play....
All while waving a big "Murica flag while singing:

I am a real American fight for the rights of every man I'm a real American
fight for what's right fight for your life!!!!!!!

19851005_flag_hogan_volkoff--308d44a2502e0cb70d595c0d63b39503.jpg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
All while waving a big "Murica flag while singing:

I am a real American fight for the rights of every man I'm a real American
fight for what's right fight for your life!!!!!!!

19851005_flag_hogan_volkoff--308d44a2502e0cb70d595c0d63b39503.jpg
It worked for Buch....

cut.jpg

Trainer and coaches hate this secret tip,.....

Reactions: will1066 and romba

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gerry Cantlon again says he's still at least two weeks away from playing, despite the fact that he's skating.

EDIT: So if Cantlon is right, he's been skating for over a month yet is still half a month away. That's insane. Can't they do to his ankle what Tua Tagovailoa had done to his?

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Is Rykov officially injury prone or can this be written off as a few months of bad luck?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Thanks. I guess I would put "slow to heal" in the "injury prone" classification. Younger guys are by design supposed to be quick healers, so my spidey sense starts to tingle when a prospect is dealing with a nagging issue.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Thanks. I guess I would put "slow to heal" in the "injury prone" classification. Younger guys are by design supposed to be quick healers, so my spidey sense starts to tingle when a prospect is dealing with a nagging issue.
I wouldn’t call him a slow healer over this one, high ankle sprains are some of the hardest injuries to fully recover from

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Crease I think you are trying too hard to draw a conclusion here.
It was an ugly injury when it happened. Glad they are being patient with his recovery. Stinks for his season, and for Pack's, but his career is way more important than these few months.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

thanks
noticed this "...an added bonus is that it gives Vitali Kravtsov someone to talk to. Khodorenko speaks Russian at home, and with Shesterkin in the NHL, Rykov possibly going back to the KHL with a European Assignment Clause in his contract for the upcoming season,..."

re Rykov's partial EAC,, i had misremembered it as applying to 1st(last) year rather than 2d(next).
Will be hoping it is not exercised in '20-21.
With Staal/Smith expiring contracts, NYR need to best know about the guys currently in LHD pipeline (Rykov, Hajek, Reunanen, Crawley, Miller, Robertson)

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
With Staal/Smith expiring contracts, NYR need to best know about the guys currently in LHD pipeline (Rykov, Hajek, Reunanen, Crawley, Miller, Robertson)
Rykov will be heading back to the K
Hajek will be in NY
Reunanen is just a guy
Crawley won’t get a 2nd contract
Miller, sky’s the limit, but likely a year away.
Robertson will take a couple of years to be ready.

Reactions: romba

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->