Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Gustav Rydahl

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Carpenter has been literally non-existent in the games he’s played.

If they hold onto him over Rydahl to start the year we need to see a HELL of a lot more from him.

At this point I’d rather take Rooney back in his spot.

And if they don’t make room and sign Vesey the way he has played it’s a crime

Last edited:

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
EFFF the cap management. We want to win a cup. You do that by putting the best players on the ice. Did Tampa worry about the cap when they won? They were over the cap weren't they? They used LTIR to circumvent the cap.
Rydahl is far better than Carpenter. Vesey is the best option of all the rest. I love Reavo but I want the best team on the ice. I make him the 13th forward and play him when we want extra toughness. He is out of gas.
Drury's job is to win the cup. He outvotes the coach when the coach wants his favorites on the team. If Drury doesn't put the best team out there that is available he is not doing his job.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
EFFF the cap management. We want to win a cup. You do that by putting the best players on the ice. Did Tampa worry about the cap when they won? They were over the cap weren't they? They used LTIR to circumvent the cap.
Rydahl is far better than Carpenter. Vesey is the best option of all the rest. I love Reavo but I want the best team on the ice. I make him the 13th forward and play him when we want extra toughness. He is out of gas.
Drury's job is to win the cup. He outvotes the coach when the coach wants his favorites on the team. If Drury doesn't put the best team out there that is available he is not doing his job.
Paying attention to the cap is exactly why Tampa won twice.

They handled the cap before anything else. Perhaps even pushed the rules to their limits in doing so.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Carpenter has been brutal. He doesn't nothing good. Rydahl has been MUCH better and has much better tools to work with.
I know the reasoning but cutting Rydahl, well sending him to Hartford, in lieu of a much worse player, is patently absurd. I really hope that doesn't happen. I hate to sound like Machinehead, but it's probably why it does.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

There's someone over Drury that pulls all the strings.

Reactions: mas0764

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Tampa won the Cups by knowing you don't win Cup in October.
Tampa won by having a deep bottom 6, of marginal economical role players, like all these guys, that these posts urgently want to toss out the window, before game 1.
NO DOUBT in my mind, Tampa, in this situation, would demote Rydahl, happy to have that resource in hand, for down the road, when attrition happens.

Having to juggle these bottom 6 guys is a strength of this NYR team, not a weakness

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I echo what a lot seem to be saying/feeling. Rydahl has really impressed me so far. Granted he's not a kid, but I really like him for 4th line/PK duties. This fourth line is perfect for games where we don't need some bruisers in the line up. I'd hope we start the season this way.

To me, Vesey has absolutely earned a spot on this roster. Bummed to see Othmann sent back down, but things look really bright for him. At the same time, I'm glad they aren't rushing him up here to play low minutes.
Rydahl can chuck em if need be. Honestly I hate the fact that turk is loyal to a fault with his guys. Carpenter has no business being on this team

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Carpenter has business being on this team as a depth center, if there's room, which there isnt. So the guy whos waiver exempt will go up and down.

Its obvious Rydahl is a better player.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Carpenter has business being on this team as a depth center, if there's room, which there isnt. So the guy whos waiver exempt will go up and down.

Carpenter is not waiver exempt, but with how he has played, who the f*** is going to claim him if he is exposed? Seriously, if there was a real danger of that he would have probably EARNED a spot... he has NOT.
In short hopefully they keep Rydahl.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Carpenter is not waiver exempt, but with how he has played, who the f*** is going to claim him if he is exposed? Seriously, if there was a real danger of that he would have probably EARNED a spot... he has NOT.
In short hopefully they keep Rydahl.
Agree. Its a little silly.

I think its one of those cases where Gallant brings a guy he likes in, thinks hell be part of the team regardless of his camp, so sending him through waivers isn't a good look even if you think hes not getting claimed.

Its just funny to me how certain things are "just the business" while others come off like "hes a good guy and we brought him in to play"

In the end Rydahl will go down and be the first call up if needed. But you run the risk of him going back even though hes guaranteed the 750. In regards to Carpenter, how long does Gallant / Drury wait for his game to come back? As if it was even there in the first place...

I dont know if it means anything but i do like the fact that Rydahl is in the first group of 4 with Goodrow and Blais. That would be a tough 4th line to deal with. f*** Gauthier

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

On the flip side, since rydahl is waive exempt wouldnt it make sense with our cap situation to have him >>> carp as we can bank rydahl’s cap with hartford on off days to accrue cap space?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
On the flip side, since rydahl is waive exempt wouldnt it make sense with our cap situation to have him >>> carp as we can bank rydahl’s cap with hartford on off days to accrue cap space?
Yes, but they may be worried about losing Carpenter, or someone else, to waivers. I know many people won't care about that, but Drury does. We don't have a ton of center depth.

Drury might wait until a day or two into the season to waive Carpenter, after all the other GMs have set their rosters.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy13

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Yes, but they may be worried about losing Carpenter, or someone else, to waivers. I know many people won't care about that, but Drury does. We don't have a ton of center depth.

Drury might wait until a day or two into the season to waive Carpenter, after all the other GMs have set their rosters.
Correct me if im wrong but cant he be claimed if we then call carp back up from hartford? I may be wrong but im thinking like the sean avery thing when we were able to claim him on his way back up for 1/2 cap hit

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I have no problem paper transacting him up and down for the sake of saving cap space. That’s actually the smart thing to do.

I just want him on the ice over Carpenter and the other plugs when we’re actually playing.
Carpenter has been horrible. Right now he isn't an NHL-caliber player on a bad team. I hate to say it but Vessey has outplayed both Rydal and Carpenter. TBH it aggravates me.

I also agree Reeves shouldn't be dressed night in and night out. At this point of his career, Reeves is an opponent-specfic player.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy13

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Correct me if im wrong but cant he be claimed if we then call carp back up from hartford? I may be wrong but im thinking like the sean avery thing when we were able to claim him on his way back up for 1/2 cap hit
There are no re-entry waivers. They did away with them a while back. I think it was the 2012 CBA.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Carpenter has been horrible. Right now he isn't an NHL-caliber player on a bad team. I hate to say it but Vessey has outplayed both Rydal and Carpenter. TBH it aggravates me.

I also agree Reeves shouldn't be dressed night in and night out. At this point of his career, Reeves is an opponent-specfic player.

Agreed on Reaves. If the other team has a Martin , Deslauriers he’s in

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rydahl demoted

Folks here may overreact

But he'll be back,
attrition and roster moves are inevitable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad