Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators | 3/28/13 | Lundqvist or Clownorella

Vickers8

The problem with this game was the Sens goalie wasn't named Bryzgalov!

Jocke

Feb 9, 2010
The following guys need to be gone ASAP no heart no talent
Boyle
Pyatt
Powe
Gabroik
Richards

So sick of lack of effort ...
Hank is good not great but wtf was he doing yelling at Kreider ? That's a bush legue move no one landed on him so shut up and play. Kid showed a nasty side cleared the crease about time someone did

Hank is great. The best goalie in the league. You should re-watch the game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's simply no way that this team should find itself last in the league offensively. Even with a ****** Richards and an invisible Gaborik, there's just no way.

It's time to make a major shakeup. Starting with the coach.

Vickers8

There's simply no way that this team should find itself last in the league offensively. Even with a ****** Richards and an invisible Gaborik, there's just no way.

It's time to make a major shakeup. Starting with the coach.

Let's hope it starts at the trade deadline

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
John Tortorella interview on Michael Kay show

http://snyrangersblog.com/coachesgm...-2/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

On Marc Staal, “I have no idea. I am not looking at updates with Marc. The biggest thing is that we just want him healthy and that is all he is working through right now. I don’t even have him in my mind right now. It’s not fair. The game of hockey means nothing. The injury that he had, we just want him healthy and we will worry about hockey when we find out that he is okay.”
On the struggles this year, “You make that Nash deal 10 out of 10 times, no question. You lose Dubinsky, you lose Anisimov and you lose Erixon who can play. You lose Prust, you lose Fedotenko, you lose Mitchell and I don’t think anyone in the organization felt losing those five guys would have the impact that it would have. We lose the middle of our lineup and the maneuverability that we had to get guys pushed in the lineup. I think that needs to be fixed as we go on here. To have a guy like Kreider begin to grow, to have a guy like Miller begin to grow, maybe they fill the middle of the lineup. We have lost our hardness and that is something that you needs to have if you want to keep competing. It’s easy to say that they went to the Conference Finals and they picked up Rick Nash, so now they should be in the Stanley Cup and win it. It doesn’t work that way. We have lost some components, I don’t think we realized how much we would miss those guys, but you can fix that much easier than getting a Rick Nash. You can never get Rick Nash. I don’t think we can get into a panic mode and we need to keep going about our business and hope that the foundation of our team will gain some traction.”

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
On his feelings, “I like our team. I think we have to fix it a little bit and it’s fixable. It’s a lot easier to fix the middle of the team then fix the game breakers. I like where the organization is going, we just need to go day by day, defend the proper way and hopefully we can get more consistency from our offensive players. We are a different team from last year and we are trying to find a way to play to what this team is and I think we are close, but who the hell knows.”
On Zucc, “I think it’s very close. The paperwork and the KHL are holding it up, but I think it will happen.”

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
It’s a lot easier to fix the middle of the team then fix the game breakers.

I know what Torts is saying here and I don't disagree. The problem is that with the way Richards and Gaborik have played we have to fix both. Two our of supposed game breakers are not getting it done.

I didn't get to watch a ton of Nash when he was with Colombus. Now seeing him every game, I agree that you have to make the trade we made to get him. He is a game breaker and those are tough to acquire in their prime. We have no issue acquiring past game breakers who have a fork sticking out of their back now.

This team had too much turn over at the forward position. We lost a lot of our identity and chemistry.

Sidenote: I am about ready to see the Taylor Pyatt experiment come to an end. Talk about someone coming crashing back to reality. He has comfortably sunk back to being the impressively mediocre, soft fringe NHL player he has always been.

Championship*

Anybody else just dying to have this season over with already? Take a mulligan and start fresh at the draft? I can't wait.

Wamsutta

I'm Glen Sather IRL
Nov 8, 2011
Connecticut
Anybody else just dying to have this season over with already? Take a mulligan and start fresh at the draft? I can't wait.

I'm very sick of hockey and agree with this sentiment. There's nothing fun about watching these guys flounder around hoping for an 8th place finish, and an inevitable thorough ass-beating in the 1st round against PIT or MTL (two teams we simply cannot win against).

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
People would jump all over Mitchell. I thought he did his job as a 4th liner. When they were letting Feds walk, that was the stupidest thing to do that offseason, in my opinion. They shouldn't have let Prust walk, but for the money he was asking... I understand why.

Our bottom 6 is complete trash. Last year, everyone on the team played where they needed to be played. They were tough and physical. They grinded teams down. That was their identity. This year, they don't do any of it, especially our bottom 6. They have no fight.

This is a soft team besides the anemic offense. I hate that.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Litteraly the ONLY positive this season is that they have sucked in every, single aspect... From the coach through the guys sitting in the press box, offense to defense, faceoffs... special teams... They probably suck in practice, in warm-ups, they wake up & burn their breakfasts... Drop the soap in the shower... nick themselves shaving... Miss a belt loop and break shoelaces...

All that... And they're still tied for 8th.

Bardof425*

Mike Rupp has more points than Brian Boyle

FACT

Brian Boyle has two points more than me and I haven't spent one second preparing to play or playing for the NY Rangers. 17 min TOI???? torts is a joke; it's that simple.

Bardof425*

I don't see how this is Tortorella's fault. The ENTIRE team was lifeless tonight. They played soft all night, and what can Torts gonna do about that? Bench the whole team? Scratch everyone against Montreal? Trade everyone? This was a game where they NEEDED someone to play with some balls and spark the team.

It'd be a real shame if they chose not to resign someone like that over money. Oh wait.....

Seriously, Prust at $2.5M per is a lot better than what Richards and Gaborik are "earning".

HIs manner of coaching has sucked the life our of this team. Too many talented pros on this team for it to be "all" of them. It is the way the team is being run. Who is overachieving this year? Give me one player. It is Torts!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00