Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators | 3/28/13 | Lundqvist or Clownorella

Bardof425*

He was actually trying to make something happen out there. One of the few players who gave a **** tonight.

What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in effort. I actually thought he was playing well, the puck seemed to be in the offensive zone when he was on the ice, tonight.

No, he doesn't. What he lacks in skill there isn't enough effort on this Earth to make right. His skill set is 3rd line AHL. His size and effort are usually NHL. But the skills are soooo bad. It's just not enough to be big and dating the coach's niece.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
No, he doesn't. What he lacks in skill there isn't enough effort on this Earth to make right. His skill set is 3rd line AHL. His size and effort are usually NHL. But the skills are soooo bad. It's just not enough to be big and dating the coach's niece.

Are you fing serious?

Bardof425*

Looks like Miller is yet another one of Gordie Clark's big-time early round busts. Sanguinetti over Giroux, DeZotto over Carlson, McIlrath over Tarasenko. Frankly, I don't trust anyone the Rangers have in the system.

Don't you think that is a little ridiculous? He's a bust after 25 games? He's in over his head but he's learning on the job and the team will be better for it in the long run.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
“@NYDNRangers: Gaborik skating w Newbury and Pyatt.â€

Lol....

I can't pass this one up.

Listen, I'm in agreement with the posters who say its not all on Torts and he can't go out and play for the guys or control how Richards ages, etc. but this needs to be said:

The guy is a joke for this if for no other reason. The season - maybe his job as well - is on the line. The problem is CLEARLY scoring. Players are underperforming and disappointing. I appreciate the whole 'accountability' shtick, but that's all it is; shtick. Punishing the underperforming players by playing them with progressively worse and worse line mates, to the point where one of the leading active goal scorers in the world is taking shifts with a career AHL grinder, is NEVER going to get the guy going or generate any offense. If he's not causing Gaborik (and others) problems, he's certainly not helping them. And it's literally MIND BLOWING as to why he thinks this can POSSIBLY bear any fruit or help his team win.

*Bob Richards*

Is there even a purpose to mentioning Pyatt? It would be just as acceptable to say

-Newbury-Gaborik

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I seriously don't understand this.

Why is he punishing Newbury............................?

ZING!

No one should be shocked by this... Torts has no answers, nor does the captain... the assistants or Hank. They're all at a loss for what to do.

Torts is saying "you play like a 4th liner... You're now on the 4th line."

It's over. 8th place is a dream and its disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
ZING!

No one should be shocked by this... Torts has no answers, nor does the captain... the assistants or Hank. They're all at a loss for what to do.

Torts is saying "you play like a 4th liner... You're now on the 4th line."

It's over. 8th place is a dream and its disappearing in a puff of smoke.

well if torts is holding players accountable and the 4th line is what gabby deserves, then boyle richards pyatt and miller should be in the minors

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
i dont get why people are defending gaborik. he has played like ******* for weeks now

Drewbackatu*

I can't pass this one up.

Listen, I'm in agreement with the posters who say its not all on Torts and he can't go out and play for the guys or control how Richards ages, etc. but this needs to be said:

The guy is a joke for this if for no other reason. The season - maybe his job as well - is on the line. The problem is CLEARLY scoring. Players are underperforming and disappointing. I appreciate the whole 'accountability' shtick, but that's all it is; shtick. Punishing the underperforming players by playing them with progressively worse and worse line mates, to the point where one of the leading active goal scorers in the world is taking shifts with a career AHL grinder, is NEVER going to get the guy going or generate any offense. If he's not causing Gaborik (and others) problems, he's certainly not helping them. And it's literally MIND BLOWING as to why he thinks this can POSSIBLY bear any fruit or help his team win.

Very well stated; agree 100%. Time to play the hand they're dealt(line changes withstanding) and wherever the cards fall, so be it!
I can't get crazy anymore about it anymore.

Apr 10, 2012
i dont get why people are defending gaborik. he has played like ******* for weeks now

he's played on his weak side all season and it's pretty clear that is at least a partial issue. he's playing in a ****** system. you don't make somebody like gaborik turn it on by playing him with bad hockey players.

worst thing that happened this season: tortorella benched gaborik early in the season for taking a penalty (a questionable penalty in my book). since then gaborik has been ****ing horrible and i attribute it 80% to that 20% to playing the off-wing. there are some guys you can revitalize with a benching(boyle for one). gaborik is NOT one of them. anybody who watches the team for a week knows gaborik doesn't have the personality where being benched is going to wake him up. to bench him early in the season for such a ridiculous reason as a 2nd period penalty is absolutely ****ing ridiculous and tortorella should be fired for that alone.

and gaborik has had flashes recently. any game he has a flash of offense, torts decides he's close and throws him with a new line to see if maybe it'll push him the extra step-- not happening.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
If Zucc is not in the line-up for next game I'm not gonna watch it. Yeah Torts, you heard me:rant:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
he's played on his weak side all season and it's pretty clear that is at least a partial issue. he's playing in a ****** system. you don't make somebody like gaborik turn it on by playing him with bad hockey players.

worst thing that happened this season: tortorella benched gaborik early in the season for taking a penalty (a questionable penalty in my book). since then gaborik has been ****ing horrible and i attribute it 80% to that 20% to playing the off-wing. there are some guys you can revitalize with a benching(boyle for one). gaborik is NOT one of them. anybody who watches the team for a week knows gaborik doesn't have the personality where being benched is going to wake him up. to bench him early in the season for such a ridiculous reason as a 2nd period penalty is absolutely ****ing ridiculous and tortorella should be fired for that alone.

and gaborik has had flashes recently. any game he has a flash of offense, torts decides he's close and throws him with a new line to see if maybe it'll push him the extra step-- not happening.

I am sick of 'its the system!' talk.

It's ****ing not the system. It's the god damned players out on the ice, the ones who actually are skating, and holding sticks.

Gaborik has sucked not because of the system, but because he doesn't want to hustle, skate hard, and battle for pucks, and would rather float 90% of his shift, because he's LAZY.

Drewbackatu*

It's just Kershaw. He hates Cally, nobody's exactly certain why, at this point we just accept it.

Kershaw hates Cally, Dagoon hates Hank, the majority of the board hates Boyle, Drewbackatu thinks the entire team is terrible, bernmiester will try to trade literally every player we have in a 2 page post that will involve trading Stepan no fewer than two times, and Dorado wants to merge Brad Richards and John Tortarella so that he can only be held accountable for a single murder instead of two.

And strangely, we all still love HF.

Come now, you're not being fair. I don't hate the entire team; it only seems that way at times!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad