Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators | 3/28/13 | Lundqvist or Clownorella

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I think you missed the "no heart" part.

Gaborik has played and not a **** has been given about whether this team wins or loses from his perspective.

Finally someone notices that Gaborik is softer than marshmallows, gives up the puck like he's being mugged, and couldn't care less - all for the measly sum of 7.5 mil.

Yeah, I know Miller is a turnover machine and waits too long to shoot, that's why he gets chances but can't score, but the team ain't gtoing anywhere this year, so we might as well get experience for the young players, not waste ice time on useless no-talents like Asham, Pyatt and Boyle. And why the hell is Pyatt dressing and Powe sitting. At least Powe is good on the PK and can skate.

Besides, now that Pittsburgh has Iginla, Morrow, et al. with Malkin back, Kunitz, Neal, you think we're beating them in the playoffs with Brian Boyle (hate to rag on BB, he seems like a nice kid, but he has no talent except for face-offs whatsoever.

PBarrz

Feb 26, 2013
Boston, MA
A good/competent coach knows how to get the most out of the players he has.

Torts has shown zero ability to do that this season :/

He just doesn't give us the best opportunity to win games. He gets out coached so easily.

Screw this season, as long as we keep Henrik from jumping ship, and have a different coaching staff next season, I'll be happy.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
This team was NOT outplayed. They play with no offensive confidence. And they don't know how to drive to the net. How many rebound goals has this team had ALL SEASON???? They haven't BANGED IN a goal in forever. Where are the dirty goals???? I dunno if it's Torts' system or what, but this team can't get take the damn puck off the wall and get it to the net. and when they do, there's not a single player in a position to capitalize. Lastly. has anyone bothered to notice that regardless of the offensive talent on the team, it's the same scoring results each year? so, what's the deal with that?

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
This team was NOT outplayed. They play with no offensive confidence. And they don't know how to drive to the net. How many rebound goals has this team had ALL SEASON???? They haven't BANGED IN a goal in forever. Where are the dirty goals???? I dunno if it's Torts' system or what, but this team can't get take the damn puck off the wall and get it to the net. and when they do, there's not a single player in a position to capitalize. Lastly. has anyone bothered to notice that regardless of the offensive talent on the team, it's the same scoring results each year? so, what's the deal with that?

I think it's torts system. Hard to bang in goals on rebounds when the majority of the time they cycle below the goal line. Plus our D men can't hit the net.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
no reason to get Ott, no trade is going to help them. We should be selling this year and building towards a team next year with a different identity and prayerfully a different coach.

I agree. Our core (Lundqvist, Staal, Callahan, McDonagh, Stepan, Del Zotto, Kreider, Miller) is pretty great and relatively young. Just need to get some of our own depth around them!

While you do the Nash trade 10/10 times it's obviously hurt us more than we thought it would but we will be better in the long run for it. Gotta be patient! This season has been very frustrating but I'm not ready to throw in the towel and think about Hank leaving to go chase a cup with another team.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
my thoughts: kreider was really good tonight. he took a lot of shots tonight and was flying. i may get criticized for this but i think by next year he will be using his speed much better than carl hagelin. i dont understand why kreider was benched but im not surprised at this point.

awful play from our captain. besides the dives he must've lost his stick like 3 times.

zucc better be in the lineup saturday. this team is gross.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Oh and Nash went from being a beast who couldnt score to being a beast who could score and is now invisible

Eh, its one game. He has been finally reunited with Hags/Step. He isn't going to be perfect every night. Honestly, nobody played well. From what I remember, that was pretty much the only line that got consistent chances.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Really show me a series he stole ? A ring ? Gabriok sucks he is soft and scared. I have stuck up for him all season but he is aweful

Both of these statements are false.

Have you ever consistently watched another team? I don't aim to be condescending, but if you go ahead and watch Isles, Devils (both of which you can do quite easily) or watch whatever the hell the NHL network is showing at that moment, I feel like you'd realize exactly HOW good Henrik is.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The following guys need to be gone ASAP no heart no talent
Boyle
Pyatt
Powe
Gabroik
Richards

So sick of lack of effort ...
Hank is good not great but wtf was he doing yelling at Kreider ? That's a bush legue move no one landed on him so shut up and play. Kid showed a nasty side cleared the crease about time someone did

Agree with all, but Powe. Powe definitely does not suffer from a lack of effort. He hustles his ass out there

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
He's shown nothing to me to prove he's a good leader or good captain. All talk, nothing to backup the play. No accountability, emotionless, etc. With Ryan Callahan as captain, a player who's won nothing significant in his career is perfect for this team: A group of losers.

lol what a fool you're making yourself out to be.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
How many games have we been unable to score this season?

3 or 4 games..

Head and ball scratching..

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
lol what a fool you're making yourself out to be.

It's just Kershaw. He hates Cally, nobody's exactly certain why, at this point we just accept it.

Kershaw hates Cally, Dagoon hates Hank, the majority of the board hates Boyle, Drewbackatu thinks the entire team is terrible, bernmiester will try to trade literally every player we have in a 2 page post that will involve trading Stepan no fewer than two times, and Dorado wants to merge Brad Richards and John Tortarella so that he can only be held accountable for a single murder instead of two.

And strangely, we all still love HF.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
The best move the Rangers could do at the trade deadline is acquire Lindy Ruff as your coach.

With proper coaching, the Rangers would be a deadly team.... Deadly!

Ruff is a great leader.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
IF I'm not mistanken, with 78 goals so far we're lowest scoring team in the league ..

I know I know..not every team has played the same amount of games, but come on..it's not a good read..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad