Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators | 3/28/13 | Lundqvist or Clownorella

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
How many of us just knew that Otltawa would score as they were coming down after that stupid Bishop save on McDonagh?

That's the way it's going this year. It was like 'yep', makes sense. I've felt like that's happened about a dozen times this season so far.

imo they didn't play that badly. In the first they had the puck for a good portion of time, forced some turnovers but didn't get enough on Bishop. In the second it was a little touch and go but they didn't give anything up. They had a better third but you've got to give credit to a stingy defense in Ottawa and Bishop once again turns into Dom Hasek. It's just the way it is this year.

Sooner or later though you see enough of these games to drive you completely nuts. It's not fun being a Rangers fan especially after getting our hopes up after the Flyer game, how dare we.

The Rangers refusal to go to the front of the net is mind boggling to me. The amount of peripheral skating is reminiscent of adolescent children in the swimming pool for the first time, scared to leave the walls.

Marian Gaborik should be traded immediately for a consistent 20 goal scoring LWer. I'd be thrilled with just that, anything else is a complete bonus, because I've never seen a player look so out of place and unengaged. He's like one of those alien puzzle pieces that somehow found its way into the wrong box. He makes no sense in this system and on this roster and is doing nothing to try prove otherwise.

God help us. Habs, Jets, Pens, Pens. Fun times are a comin.

*Bob Richards*

It's just Kershaw. He hates Cally, nobody's exactly certain why, at this point we just accept it.

Kershaw hates Cally, Dagoon hates Hank, the majority of the board hates Boyle, Drewbackatu thinks the entire team is terrible, bernmiester will try to trade literally every player we have in a 2 page post that will involve trading Stepan no fewer than two times, and Dorado wants to merge Brad Richards and John Tortarella so that he can only be held accountable for a single murder instead of two.

And strangely, we all still love HF.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read. LOL

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I am sick of 'its the system!' talk.

It's ****ing not the system. It's the god damned players out on the ice, the ones who actually are skating, and holding sticks.

Gaborik has sucked not because of the system, but because he doesn't want to hustle, skate hard, and battle for pucks, and would rather float 90% of his shift, because he's LAZY.

Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
How many of us just knew that Otltawa would score as they were coming down after that stupid Bishop save on McDonagh?

That's the way it's going this year. It was like 'yep', makes sense. I've felt like that's happened about a dozen times this season so far.

imo they didn't play that badly. In the first they had the puck for a good portion of time, forced some turnovers but didn't get enough on Bishop. In the second it was a little touch and go but they didn't give anything up. They had a better third but you've got to give credit to a stingy defense in Ottawa and Bishop once again turns into Dom Hasek. It's just the way it is this year.

Sooner or later though you see enough of these games to drive you completely nuts. It's not fun being a Rangers fan especially after getting our hopes up after the Flyer game, how dare we.

The Rangers refusal to go to the front of the net is mind boggling to me. The amount of peripheral skating is reminiscent of adolescent children in the swimming pool for the first time, scared to leave the walls.

Marian Gaborik should be traded immediately for a consistent 20 goal scoring LWer. I'd be thrilled with just that, anything else is a complete bonus, because I've never seen a player look so out of place and unengaged. He's like one of those alien puzzle pieces that somehow found its way into the wrong box. He makes no sense in this system and on this roster and is doing nothing to try prove otherwise.

That stupid save by Bishop would be worshipped if Hank had made it.

Tip your hat to Ottawa. Devastated by injury and they plug in players more talented than the Rangers start. Would love to have Silferberg here. Great wheels, hands, and instincts.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Tortarella/Gaborik reminds me of Keenan/Gartner.

I feel like Torts rides him way too hard and has partially caused him to just stop caring. The other half is Gaborik and his effort.

Captain Blood feels that everyone should be like Callahan. You don't win with entire teams full of those guys. You win with balance, which includes guys like Gaborik, accepting them for what they are.

Torts needs to go. He is the big problem.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.

Hit the nail right on the head brotha...:handclap:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

100% spot on to the last comma. It's like watching the same movie on repeat. Hopes up...hopes dashed.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Look Im not a Torts fan but Gaborik hasnt done himself any favors. Other than the bruins game, tornoto, and isles games he hasnt done anything. I mean gabby is a scorer but when he doesnt score he does nothing

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Watching the Torts presser makes me think that he has come to terms with the fact that this team will not make the playoffs this year. It's just not our year.

Now on to Lundquist. When he says we have to better do you think he is inculding himself? Me thinks he thinks he is better than everyone else on this team. I'm really starting to hate this guy with a passion.

Hank is far and away the best player on this team.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Is there even a purpose to mentioning Pyatt? It would be just as acceptable to say

-Newbury-Gaborik

Lol. Yep. Montreal players will be doing laps around Pyatt. He would be like the fat guy in nintendos ice hockey game and Montreal will be the skinny dudes.
At least Powe or asham will be able to keep up with the pace...somewhat. Oh and Gabby...well he will be floating around on that fourth line.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York

EXACTLY. This is what I've been saying.

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
I'm sure this is just to try to get Pyatt going.

If at any point anyone in the Rangers organization says the phrase " We need to figure out how to get Taylor Pyatt going". We should be contracted.

Lol. Yep. Montreal players will be doing laps around Pyatt. He would be like the fat guy in nintendos ice hockey game and Montreal will be the skinny dudes.

Great reference. I loved that game. The team that lost the fight would get the penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad