Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Listen to this...

Today I received an email from the Rangers informing me that my season ticket membership will not be renewed (after 25 years) since the address I provided falls outside of the tri-state area (NY, CT, NJ).

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Listen to this...

Today I received an email from the Rangers informing me that my season ticket membership will not be renewed (after 25 years) since the address I provided falls outside of the tri-state area (NY, CT, NJ).

Embarrassing.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Listen to this...

Even as people are exiting in droves they’re still tightening the reigns on plan holders.
What’s always sad about things like this is they never open a discussion with the plan holder before doing something like that. They just cut you off and then you have to chase them down to explain things.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Even as people are exiting in droves they’re still tightening the reigns on plan holders.
What’s always sad about things like this is they never open a discussion with the plan holder before doing something like that. They just cut you off and then you have to chase them down to explain things.
There was a similar post last year and the email is the discussion opener. I believe the guy last year got them back.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Listen to this...

When I try to vote for the "Extra Effort" award, I have to make up an address in the "tri-state" area in order for it to go through, which means I'm not eligible for winning their contests. In a few years when my finances recover, I really want to give $100 to Garden of Dreams and have them tell me I can't donate it because I don't live in a certain region.

I don't understand. I pay DirecTV the sports fee to get MSG legally, and buy Center Ice to watch the games on MSG.

How do they know you aren't Bill Gates rich and fly into NYC for every Ranger game?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Never mind, it says in the FAQ same thing as last year where it’ll be finalized in May but current pricing is what they’re going with. What’s interesting is that it says flat out that unless they qualify for the playoffs, pricing will remain unchanged.

Socs5199

Jul 14, 2012
NJ
I'm on automated renewal. Prices are up (same as last season) as well as a $50 charge for the hard tickets. Says first payment is due March 1.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm on automated renewal. Prices are up (same as last season) as well as a $50 charge for the hard tickets. Says first payment is due March 1.
They are taking a baby step in the page of the Canadiens book who charge $250 + tax per seat to get the hard stock option. $50 total isn't too bad, but expect that to keep climbing every year. I will still opt for them because I like the hard tix but what pissed me off this year was that any tickets you sold on ticket exchange before they were printed resulted in a big giant VOID on the ticket instead of a barcode. Talk about ruining tickets

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Last night was the worst crowd I’ve seen thus far. Fair amount of empties both downstairs and upstairs and by the time OT started I’d say the building was between 50 and 75% full. Almost felt like a preseason game.
I don't know man, I was sitting in the suite level and looking up I was noticing how in spite of the troubles the upper bowl was completely packed, like could not see any empty seats. There were plenty of empty rows in the lower bowl but I would say overall the lower bowl was still 75%+ full

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't know man, I was sitting in the suite level and looking up I was noticing how in spite of the troubles the upper bowl was completely packed, like could not see any empty seats. There were plenty of empty rows in the lower bowl but I would say overall the lower bowl was still 75%+ full

I noticed a lot more empties upstairs. Usually the upper bowl is packed regardless but there were open spots. I was saying by overtime though so many people cleared out. In terms of actual attendance I’d say there was prob between 16 and 17 there.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
The market for rangers tickets is brutal, actually worse than the knicks. Considering all the last minute tickets available, there’s no reason for me to renew at this point. I’ll cherry pick the games I want and go from there.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The market for rangers tickets is brutal, actually worse than the knicks. Considering all the last minute tickets available, there’s no reason for me to renew at this point. I’ll cherry pick the games I want and go from there.
Knicks went down to stubhub minimum on Sunday, $6 get in. We're not quite there yet with the Rangers but next year will be the worst in many years

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Knicks went down to stubhub minimum on Sunday, $6 get in. We're not quite there yet with the Rangers but next year will be the worst in many years
Yep but I think the knicks still have lower prices for face (since they haven’t been to the playoffs in like 400 years), plus they have a legit shot at a superstar this year in free agency. The rangers on the other hand have some tough sledding ahead, so I think prices are about to plummet even more.

Either way, the last minute passes that are coming in are more than sufficient. Can get tons of tickets at discounts with no issue. Ticketmaster’s inventory is massive.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I just got a prerecorded call from henrik lundqvist letting me know that renewals started today. Greeeeeeat.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Listen to this...

I laughed at this... You could live in East Stroudsburg, PA, and have your tickets revoked, even though you are an hour away from the GWB, where someone in Buffalo would NOT have their tickets cancelled. For Shame.

They should cancel all corporate accounts where company HQ is not in the tri-state area...

Did you phone to inquire?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I laughed at this... You could live in East Stroudsburg, PA, and have your tickets revoked, even though you are an hour away from the GWB, where someone in Buffalo would NOT have their tickets cancelled. For Shame.
Yeah it's not well thought out at all. Buffalo is further away from NYC than Richmond, Virginia

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
Listen to this...

Happened to me last year but my letter said they couldnt offer me a renewal with no explanation at all. I thought it was because I replied to Gortons email that they were blowing it up. When I finally got a response 4 days later it was because my billing address was a PO Box. Turned out my billing address with Chase actually was my house and when I had first gotten tickets 10 years earlier I used my PO Box to sign up. It was resolved but I wasnt happy about the way they went about it.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

They should cancel all corporate accounts where company HQ is not in the tri-state area...

Did you phone to inquire?
I sent a real nasty note and copied some of the Ranger and Garden brass. I also copied some of my old contacts at MSG Network, where I spent a bunch of money. I'll keep everyone posted if/when I get a reply.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
It's official, I told my rep I would like to opt out. He sent a link with extensive questionnaire which I had to fill out before being able to cancel.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
It's official, I told my rep I would like to opt out. He sent a link with extensive questionnaire which I had to fill out before being able to cancel.
How can you now post the extensive questionnaire for all of us to read?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
At the end of last season a co-worker told his rep. he was opting out after about 10 years. His seats were in one of the center ice sections but he was in row 12 or 13. Anyway his rep. called him about 5-6 times asking him to reconsider always very cordial. He explained that he couldn't make as many games as in the past thus was cancelling. He had received a full season invoice so he knew what the cost was going to be. His rep. finally offered him his same seats for half the games and he reluctantly said yes figuring he could get rid of whatever games he couldn't make. He got the invoice for half the games figuring it would be 50% of what he was paying and the price was 70% of a full season. He called his rep. and asked and was told that he would have to pay half season rates. He immediately hung up on his rep. and is done with the Rangers.

Reactions: eKardz

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

Take a screen shot or copy/paste the questions into a Word Document or something similar for this exit questionnaire so that we all may read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad