Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
20 year STH here... last year I struggled with the decision but decided to go ahead and renew. This year it's a layup. I'm done. Only way I'd stay if I had a friend swoop in a agree to take half or more of the games from me... and that ain't happening...

I'll just cherry pick my games going forward and buy last minute at the best price. Worst case I watch from a bar outside MSG.
I'm done, too.
Too much admin work and floated money for a dead market and not enough winning. Easy decision.

If the Rangers ask why I'm not renewing, I'll be happy to tell them why.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I’ll be renewing mine (assuming prices are staying the same and not going up or down). I’ll use my seats for 10-15 games and sit elsewhere in the building for another 10-15 most seasons. The total of what I sold I made a few bucks on even when factoring on preseason. I held onto a mix of good and bad variably priced games to go to so it wasn’t like I was holding all cheap ones and sold all the popular games. I’m also fortunate to be in a great spot and pushed my tickets out the door this season as quickly as possible. Couldn’t imagine what it’s like in more expensive price points.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I'm keeping my seats for the happy hours. Seriously though, I was planning on making this my last year but I may just cut my seats down to 2 from 4 and see how things go another year.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The reps running out of the building at 5 so they don't have to answer Knicks calls.

200.webp

Reactions: sabremike

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I got there at 5:30. There was a bunch of people there already so it took a while for us to get in. By the time I got a drink at the bar and moved towards the back I saw a bunch of people on line for something but just grabbed food from the waitresses as they passed by. I don't know who knows who sets the budget or how it's allocated but this is a public company and spending money for the sake of spending money is a non-starter. No one is renewing their licenses because of this. I'd rather they take the money and spend it on better scouting.

I haven't gotten any invites from the Knicks Mets Jets or even the Yankees and they're all more valuable than the Rangers (actually I think I did get an invite for the Knicks once). Have you ever gotten anything like that from the Giants?
Giants hold forums, but I have never gone. I wouldn't go to a pre-game happy hour for them as tailgating is my happy hour. They do hold 2 sales at the team store.

This year it was canceled, but the last few years, I was able to go to the Stadium with my kids for pictures on the field, in the lockerroom and with the Super Bowl trophies. They also have one of their sales in team store that day. 40% off jerseys, 50% off everything else. They do it again in December for Xmas. They also had the draft parties and then family day for day 3 of the draft where my daughter and nephew had a blast.

Blockheads88

Sep 3, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hey, Anyone notice then when you print from your account they are not asking if it a re-print or not anymore? it was doing that for most of the season but the last two games I printed I noticed that they are providing new barcodes on every print?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Market tonight might crater, already down to $40 get in. Yesterday I ate a pair of good Knicks tickets, could not find a buyer. Tickets went down to Mets levels, $6 get in

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
My friend spoke to his rep. Renewals will be due Feb 28th, but he didn't have an exact time table as to when they were being sent out. My guess is next monday at 5pm after this current homestand.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
My friend spoke to his rep. Renewals will be due Feb 28th, but he didn't have an exact time table as to when they were being sent out. My guess is next monday at 5pm after this current homestand.

Also heard the same about the 28th. Gotta imagine soon if that’s the case.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Hey, Anyone notice then when you print from your account they are not asking if it a re-print or not anymore? it was doing that for most of the season but the last two games I printed I noticed that they are providing new barcodes on every print?
They also stopped sending the confirmation. There is a tick box if you want to change the barcodes.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Market tonight might crater, already down to $40 get in. Yesterday I ate a pair of good Knicks tickets, could not find a buyer. Tickets went down to Mets levels, $6 get in

Clubs are under $60. Can’t remember the last time it’s gotten this bad for a regular season game.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
wow get in the building price is $29 right now for tonight and some club seat for $60...the apocalypse is here

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
25th anniversary pin set on sale at the main team store at MSG. I picked up #66

It is a nice set, but you should ask for a discount.

Messier's guarantee was not made on May 6, 1994. It was made before Game 6, which was actually played three weeks later, right before Memorial Day Weekend:

New York Rangers at New Jersey Devils Box Score — May 25, 1994 | Hockey-Reference.com

What guarantee are they referring to?

(Maybe maybe like Postage Stamps, errors are more valuable???)

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
wow what an embarrassing mistake...may 6 was not the guarantee date...who makes this crap?

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
No surprise there. The Garden is a printing press. People come and pay no matter how bad the show is.. If you don't (go), someone else will.
I went to Sunday's game against the Grizzlies. I couldn't believe how full it was. Seats were cheap but never got to the $40 for courtside I was expecting.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Last night was the worst crowd I’ve seen thus far. Fair amount of empties both downstairs and upstairs and by the time OT started I’d say the building was between 50 and 75% full. Almost felt like a preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad