Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers just sent out their blast email too, only their version adds that renewal information is about to be released

"In the coming days, your annual renewal information will be sent and we hope you remain with us for the 2019-20 season."

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The resale market has gotten brutal lately. Cannot sell a ticket for face anymore, same goes for the Knicks. At least the Knicks have a shot at Zion & Durant, Rangers are looking bleak for the foreseeable future. Next season could be a real bloodbath

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
The resale market has gotten brutal lately. Cannot sell a ticket for face anymore, same goes for the Knicks. At least the Knicks have a shot at Zion & Durant, Rangers are looking bleak for the foreseeable future. Next season could be a real bloodbath
The problem is not the quality of the team but the fact that the resale market is oversaturated. I have 9 seats in the row directly in front of me and 6 seats in my row that the STH has not gone to one game this year. They sell every game I am sure most on the secondary market. This screws STH's who can't make an occasional game and tries to sell them. I have been a STH for 10 years and have had a close relative with tickets in his name for many more years and this was never a problem. I used to recognize the same fans in the same seats for most games but that is not the case anymore.

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Prices are just too expensive. Increases have forced people to sell more games which creates more supply and the team just sucks. Think about it, it costs a STH average of $89 to sit in the last row or one of the last rows of the building. To get your money back, you'd have to list it for $100 on StubHub or whatever site you're using. Then the buyer is paying 15-30% in fees depending on what site on top of that in fees. So essentially, someone has to buy your tickets at $260 for the pair to sit in one of the last rows of the building for a run of the mill regular season game for a team that sucks and that's just to get your money back. It's not reasonable pricing and we all knew this was going to come at some point.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
It's not reasonable pricing and we all knew this was going to come at some point.
Yep - but the thing is people mostly paid those prices when the Rangers were a Cup contender. That won't happen again for a while and so it becomes a game of chicken they'll never blink on (anyone seriously think they drop prices??) and how long you can keep holding the bag absorbing losses.

These are definitely stupid prices, very stupid prices. Broken record - It's not the fans in the seats anymore it's tourists and clients. Entertainment not sport

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
[QUOTE="GordonGecko, post: 155688281, member: 111355" and how long you can keep holding the bag absorbing losses.
[/QUOTE]
What sucks is that now you can't even benefit from taking losses to move to a better valued location. They've taken away all tenured incentives

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Knicks just blasted all STHs with a mushy email about how "your voice has been heard. Our commitment to you is to continue to create brand new ‘Garden Moments’ which provide more ways for you to customize your membership through exclusive experiences, gifts and opportunities to get closer to the team."

Sounds like MSG is worried about retaining STHs which is strange considering in the past 3 years they've been doing everything humanly possible to get them to drop their fulls and go partial
Similar letter from NYR

Hi **,

At the mid-point in our season, we would like to thank you for your ongoing support and loyalty as Season Ticket Members for the New York Rangers. We have always known that there are no fans like Rangers fans, and you have proved that throughout this season.

Our goal as your membership team is to provide you with the highest level of customer service and to help you get the most value from your membership. Whether by phone, email, text, or in person, we’re here for you year-round and are dedicated to providing a first-class experience at The World’s Most Famous Arena.

We’ve asked for your feedback, and your voice has been heard. Our commitment to you is to continue to create brand new ‘Garden Moments’ which provides more ways for you to customize your membership through exclusive experiences, gifts and opportunities to get closer to the team.

We recognize your steadfast loyalty as a member of our Rangers family and thank you for being a part of our team. We have an exciting future ahead and look forward to standing together this season and next, at The Garden.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Alan Latkovic
Vice President, Service & Retention
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tyson Christensen
Director, Service & Retention
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah right. We need more "Garden Moments". GTFOH. Lower the ****ing prices.

I sold last night to a co-worker. Went to the happy hour. While at bar, looked up tickets as my friend and I thought about going. Could have had a pair in the 219 barstools for $51 each AFTER fees. I know, market is going to drop in the hour or so before game, but that is ridiculous. When they jacked up my seats 19% and then 20% in 2 consecutive years, my ***hole rep used the secondary market as the reason for doing so. Well, now the same should apply while market is down.

Reactions: sabremike

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I thought the happy hour was nice. Place was kind of small but got to chat (very) briefly with Duguay and Greschner. Beers, well drinks, and bar food (mini dogs, mozz sticks, sliders) were fairly abundant. The earlier event I went to at Versa had a better selection of drinks but you had to wait on line for food and there were no seconds. I saw where the viewing party coupon is and may go if I can drag myself to MSG 3 days in a row (going to Knicks game tonight also).

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I thought the opposite. It was better than that disaster 2 years ago, but again I was disappointed. A billion dollar organization and they can't spring for the good beer and booze? Would not have cost that much more relatively speaking. The food? I stood in that line for 15 minutes and when I got to the front there was 1 mozz stick, 2 pigs in a blanket, and one of the egg rolls left. This was after it took them 10 minutes to replenish the prior batch. I thought one of the poor waitresses was going to get knocked down when people started lunging because she was walking with a tray and people had obviously been waiting for a while. Wasn't until about 6:15-6:30 it seemed like the Waitresses could actually walk through the crowd with the trays without a body guard.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers just sent out their blast email too, only their version adds that renewal information is about to be released

"In the coming days, your annual renewal information will be sent and we hope you remain with us for the 2019-20 season."
LOL Renewal? Not happening.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I thought the opposite. It was better than that disaster 2 years ago, but again I was disappointed. A billion dollar organization and they can't spring for the good beer and booze? Would not have cost that much more relatively speaking. The food? I stood in that line for 15 minutes and when I got to the front there was 1 mozz stick, 2 pigs in a blanket, and one of the egg rolls left. This was after it took them 10 minutes to replenish the prior batch. I thought one of the poor waitresses was going to get knocked down when people started lunging because she was walking with a tray and people had obviously been waiting for a while. Wasn't until about 6:15-6:30 it seemed like the Waitresses could actually walk through the crowd with the trays without a body guard.
They kept coming around with trays of food - never had to wait in any line. I got invited to a nice event with free food and drink so I'm not going to complain about the lack of premium drinks. There was another event for the club holders (I think at American Hall) and I presume they had a better spread there.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah right. We need more "Garden Moments". GTFOH. Lower the ****ing prices.

I sold last night to a co-worker. Went to the happy hour. While at bar, looked up tickets as my friend and I thought about going. Could have had a pair in the 219 barstools for $51 each AFTER fees. I know, market is going to drop in the hour or so before game, but that is ridiculous. When they jacked up my seats 19% and then 20% in 2 consecutive years, my ***hole rep used the secondary market as the reason for doing so. Well, now the same should apply while market is down.
For last night, I'd bet the predicted weather was a factor. There were many empty seats but seemed to be proportionately more die-hards (as opposed to tourists and suits).

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They kept coming around with trays of food - never had to wait in any line. I got invited to a nice event with free food and drink so I'm not going to complain about the lack of premium drinks. There was another event for the club holders (I think at American Hall) and I presume they had a better spread there.
Not sure what time you arrived. I am talking about right at about 5:45 to 6:00. there was line that went past the aisle to bathroom to in front of the bar and before I stood in it, I looked around to see if there were any waiters/waitresses walking around with trays. Didn't see anything. Would have cost another $2-3K for the good beer and liquor. They make enough money, they could afford it. Like I said, MSG is a billion dollar organization and they serve the cheap stuff.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Not sure what time you arrived. I am talking about right at about 5:45 to 6:00. there was line that went past the aisle to bathroom to in front of the bar and before I stood in it, I looked around to see if there were any waiters/waitresses walking around with trays. Didn't see anything. Would have cost another $2-3K for the good beer and liquor. They make enough money, they could afford it. Like I said, MSG is a billion dollar organization and they serve the cheap stuff.

I got there at 5:30. There was a bunch of people there already so it took a while for us to get in. By the time I got a drink at the bar and moved towards the back I saw a bunch of people on line for something but just grabbed food from the waitresses as they passed by. I don't know who knows who sets the budget or how it's allocated but this is a public company and spending money for the sake of spending money is a non-starter. No one is renewing their licenses because of this. I'd rather they take the money and spend it on better scouting.

I haven't gotten any invites from the Knicks Mets Jets or even the Yankees and they're all more valuable than the Rangers (actually I think I did get an invite for the Knicks once). Have you ever gotten anything like that from the Giants?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I haven't gotten any invites from the Knicks Mets Jets or even the Yankees and they're all more valuable than the Rangers (actually I think I did get an invite for the Knicks once). Have you ever gotten anything like that from the Giants?
Knicks do as much as teh Rangers and actually more. Mets and Yankees also have their events. Haven't heard of Jets/Giants but they only have 10 games to play

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Knicks do as much as teh Rangers and actually more. Mets and Yankees also have their events. Haven't heard of Jets/Giants but they only have 10 games to play
I've never gotten anything from the Mets Jets or Yankees. I can only remember getting an invite for a Knicks happy hour once. I'm not referring to things like open practices.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I've never gotten anything from the Mets Jets or Yankees. I can only remember getting an invite for a Knicks happy hour once. I'm not referring to things like open practices.
Knicks have happy hour, meet the team, scott perry GM forum, knicks game show night, open practice, and others. Yankees have fan day after the season just before or after the college game and if you have universe they have an alumn event. Mets have a million perks some are lottery selections some you can choose like lunch with the GM

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Knicks have happy hour, meet the team, scott perry GM forum, knicks game show night, open practice, and others. Yankees have fan day after the season just before or after the college game and if you have universe they have an alumn event. Mets have a million perks some are lottery selections some you can choose like lunch with the GM
Well I'm obviously being shortchanged then. :/ I don't have Yankee Universe but I've had seasons for about 20 years. The Mets were supposed to invite me to a baseball analytics forum last year but they never did.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

For the Club happy hour at American Hall they had Buffalo wings, chips, guacamole, spinach dip on the tables. They passed meatballs and quesadillas around.
They had about 4 different beers on tap you could get a 16 oz, 24 or 32 oz mug. Also had well drinks.
Glenn Anderson and Mike Hartman were the Alumni.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
For the Club happy hour at American Hall they had Buffalo wings, chips, guacamole, spinach dip on the tables. They passed meatballs and quesadillas around.
They had about 4 different beers on tap you could get a 16 oz, 24 or 32 oz mug. Also had well drinks.
Glenn Anderson and Mike Hartman were the Alumni.
OK guess I'm wrong again. The only solace I take is that the renewal email I got form the Rangers refers to happy hours and the one I got from the Knicks does not. :)

thesnake

Apr 25, 2007
New Vernon
20 year STH here... last year I struggled with the decision but decided to go ahead and renew. This year it's a layup. I'm done. Only way I'd stay if I had a friend swoop in a agree to take half or more of the games from me... and that ain't happening...

I'll just cherry pick my games going forward and buy last minute at the best price. Worst case I watch from a bar outside MSG.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
20 year STH here... last year I struggled with the decision but decided to go ahead and renew. This year it's a layup. I'm done. Only way I'd stay if I had a friend swoop in a agree to take half or more of the games from me... and that ain't happening...

I'll just cherry pick my games going forward and buy last minute at the best price. Worst case I watch from a bar outside MSG.
Rangers are brilliantly timing their renewal drive to coincide with the ticket market cratering lol

I'm guessing the drop rate for fulls will hit over 10%, halfs will drop 50%+, and minis will drop even more. That should be enough for panic to set in over there at Penn Plaza

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

if you are willing to miss the game, you can do this.

For me, it will depend on my regular buyers. If they are still in, I will keep getting them. If not, will depend on which guys are not in and if I can find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad