Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Listen to this...

Today I received an email from the Rangers informing me that my season ticket membership will not be renewed (after 25 years) since the address I provided falls outside of the tri-state area (NY, CT, NJ).
So I wrote a pretty nasty letter and today I received a call from a VP at The Garden profusely apologizing for the mistake. He and the others present on the call couldn’t have been nicer and my rep pitched in by showing him the picture of my grandson with Kreider’s stick. They were awfully nice and very, very apologetic. I feel better.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Anyone else going to the event at pier 17 tomorrow? No autographs but I'm bringing my game 7 stub just in case. When they had the commemorative programs a court of weeks ago I was told Glenn Anderson would only sign that but when I showed Glenn my ticket stub he was happy to sign it.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone care to summarize all the events they had leading up to the game? I feel like there is a new one every day that I find out about.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Between the canes and leafs games there was an event with the 94 team at pier 17. In hindsight I should have realized it was going to be televised (Trautwig said it would be on MSG at some point but no one knew when but they did post some videos on instagram). I'm not sure how much of Tikkanen's comments will be aired. :laugh: There was a cocktail hour from 5-6 (just wine and beer but they were poured into souvenir cups we could keep) with appetizers. At the same time there was an open skate on the rooftop rink. At 6 we were brought up to skyline hall which looks out to the rink. At a guess there were maybe 200 people, maybe less. Al Trautwig was there reviewing his notes but he took some time to chat and take pictures with fans. At 6:30 they brought out the coaches and players (and Neil Smith). Trautwig went to each person and asked some questions basically laying out the story from the construction of the team starting with Mess to the cup win. The interplay between players/coaches was what I really liked. There was a picture taking opportunity (and another open skate) which I didn't stay for. We got some nice swag when we left.

cq5dam.web.1366.1366.jpeg

rambler25

Feb 13, 2019
After 12 years it was a tough decison I had to make last year...continue to pay on average $119 per game to sit center ice 211 row 14 in a cramped seat and row or not renew, I did not renew ..said i would cherry pick and still go ...have not been back at all this year...best decision i ever made..I actually enjoy the complete coverage on MSG on my HDTV every home game and not spending $200 plus just on myself to see a game at MSG. Never missed a game but the Garden priced me out and guess what.. they lost me forever

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
they will start caring when more and more people drop out. these prices are totally unreasonable for a subpar product ...i gave up 2 years ago after being a ST since 1998 and do not regret it all, I have wasted countless thousands of dollars on tickets/beers/food and most of the time left the garden being dissappointed in the games outcome. still a Rangers fan no matter what, but it is much better to go to 2-3 games a year and just watch the rest on tv...it is just not worth it being a ST holder anymore because the secondary market has dried up and you can not recoup any more money

MikePLee

Oct 9, 2011
Hi,

I have tickets in Section 208, row 12 on the aisle. I'm looking for people to split these tickets with next season. Probably move tickets in packages of five and ten tickets.

If you have any interest, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you. LGR!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Add me to the list of people looking for a partner for next season. Seats are in 223 row 11. Message me if you're interested.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The deadline and drop dead date are usually very different.

So we're down to the final 72 hours for the official renewal deadline. Next year should be even worse than this year for moving tickets...but the question is by how much? Guess I'm renewing even though it will be the worst year to be a subscriber in a long time.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If the plan is to move tickets on the secondary market, prepare to be disappointed. Anyone who is in it to make money or just profit enough to go to a few games for free is going to be disappointed. Better off trying to find 3-4 people willing to take 5-8 games each and go from there. Don't advertise as looking for a partner where you are going to do a ticket draft. Just offer people some games/packages. Mix it up with some dead and popular games and you should be fine.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
If the plan is to move tickets on the secondary market, prepare to be disappointed. Anyone who is in it to make money or just profit enough to go to a few games for free is going to be disappointed. Better off trying to find 3-4 people willing to take 5-8 games each and go from there. Don't advertise as looking for a partner where you are going to do a ticket draft. Just offer people some games/packages. Mix it up with some dead and popular games and you should be fine.

My plan is certainly not to make money...just trying to minimize my downside. Fortunately my seats are pretty decent so I can usually break even on them.

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ
Upper corners. About to be out after 10+ years. Starting a family + life events on my way, it makes no sense for me to be putting that kind of money into the MSG machine.

I realize these will just be seized by the Garden, so if anybody is interested please contact me ASAP.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
correct, i told him i'm done and indicated that about 3 times on the mandatory survey

I was getting emails/calls for at least a year after I dropped. They actually switched me to another rep even after I dropped and she kept trying to sell me on new packages, etc. I wrote her an email and requested I be taken off everything, but then I switched my number and move to Poland. I got the feeling the market wasn't so strong last year for season/mini plans.

Unfortunately, New York is overpopulated and tourism continuously increases with the affordability of travel and the enrichment of previously undeveloped countries. This affords the Rangers a luxury no other team has, as a popular tourist attraction in arguably the most popular world wide travel destination.

My last year was 2015 and I have to say, the atmosphere in the Garden since the re-model has just been a disappointment. I'll never forget how disappointed I was at Game 3 of the SCF. Even before the game it felt like fans had to be motivated to cheer. Stark difference from 20 years earlier.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Don’t know if it’s just a mismatch game thing or if people are just hopping on the Knicks bandwagon (lol) but the market v tonight’s game v TB has absolutely cratered. This is 1929 territory. You’re looking at most tickets 2/3 off the face.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Don’t know if it’s just a mismatch game thing or if people are just hopping on the Knicks bandwagon (lol) but the market v tonight’s game v TB has absolutely cratered. This is 1929 territory. You’re looking at most tickets 2/3 off the face.
i'm not seeing any crater, just more of the same

Knicks actually did crater earlier this year with $6 tickets

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I’ve had to sell the last few games (travel) and wound up reasonably close to face. Not today. Massacred.
don't get me wrong, it's pretty bad, but just remember it can get a lot worse. Sellers figured TB would be a big draw but IMO I think a lot of people are disgusted with losing Zukes. Heart and Soul guy is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->