Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Will be interesting to see how much inventory they release in the relocation round. They want the best locations for the partial plan and individual mark up value, but it's always possible they throw us a bone for some sort of opportunity to get better seats.

They fooled me on the upgrade option last year so I wasn't going to get hosed again. It sure would be nice for them to throw season subscribers a bone, but I wouldn't count on it.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone going to the happy hour tonight? I was supposed to go even though I sold my tickets. Was going to go somewhere to watch game after, but something came up. Emailed my rep to let him know in case there is a waiting list, also pointed out low prices for tonight and again mentioned how MSG used the secondary market to justify the increase in prices, so the same should be done to lower prices.
I went. It was OK. I got there early, but a few people I know bailed because the place had one elevator running and it took forever to get in.

The space was nice, it wasn't overly packed, there was no shortage of food and the bar I went to (the secondary one) was pouring the good stuff.

That being said, I had three people ask me if I wanted to buy a seat for tonight.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Slight tangent from renewal rates, but given lower than normal rewewals...

What do you think the best seats one could possibly get are -- full or partial plan, any price? Just curious. I have no insight into that.
1. Standing on the bench chewing gum.
2. I like the view from the 114-116 seats (had 'em for a year) but mad over priced and hope you like suits and hipsters.
3. For my $, lower 200s between blue lines.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

What do you think the best seats one could possibly get are -- full or partial plan, any price? Just curious. I have no insight into that.
I have seats in the lower half of 223. While they are probably a poor value, I really enjoy the view, being on the side they attack twice and facing the benches so the jumbotron goes in the same direction of my view. I don't love that the people on the other side of the aisle pay a lot less.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

It's been asked before, and same answer for me - section 107 or 117 about 10 rows up. You are close to the benches, close to the ice, yet a view over the glass of end to end action. Glass seats are great every once in a while, but you're not really watching the game. For a one ticket in a season thing I take the glass seats, for a regular seating location I take 107/117

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It's been asked before, and same answer for me - section 107 or 117 about 10 rows up. You are close to the benches, close to the ice, yet a view over the glass of end to end action. Glass seats are great every once in a while, but you're not really watching the game. For a one ticket in a season thing I take the glass seats, for a regular seating location I take 107/117

I’m in agreement though I’d go a bit higher and say rows 15+. I think 10 is still a bit low for following the play.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I’m in agreement though I’d go a bit higher and say rows 15+. I think 10 is still a bit low for following the play.

Bingo, If you sit in the corners lower than row 15 then the glass obscures the view at the far end of the ice.
Recently went to the game in Tampa and sat in row 13 in the corner on the side with the penalty boxes. When the play was in the far end you had to watch it on the center ice scoreboard because of the distortion of looking through glass by the penalty boxes.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
FYI Jim Dolan has been spying on everyone at the garden. I thought the high res panorama pics were creepy, but it turns out they are recording every person's face at the gate:
Madison Square Garden Has Used Face-Scanning Technology on Customers

merlin_135166068_3af19531-b9a2-4625-9e4c-a0f4d3f099ab-master768.jpg

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

I agree.

My question might have been worded poorly: What I intended to ask is given the lower-than-normal renewal rates (we suspect), what do you think are the highest-priced season tickets that are likely to be available for a new STH?

Can't say I've ever thought about it too much, but I figured that getting season tickets, say, on the glass would be nearly impossible -- and maybe slightly more likely with lower renewals. Not sure that particular market would be likely to give them up.

Wondered if anyone had any insight.

Wasn't saying this was the *preferred* spot to watch every game -- just wondering how often the "best" (using price as a proxy) tickets become available.

Mostly a curiosity. Thanks!

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I agree.

My question might have been worded poorly: What I intended to ask is given the lower-than-normal renewal rates (we suspect), what do you think are the highest-priced season tickets that are likely to be available for a new STH?

Can't say I've ever thought about it too much, but I figured that getting season tickets, say, on the glass would be nearly impossible -- and maybe slightly more likely with lower renewals. Not sure that particular market would be likely to give them up.

Wasn't saying this was the *preferred* spot to watch every game -- just wondering how often the "best" (using price as a proxy) tickets become available.

I have tickets in section 224 and taught about going into lower bowl last year. They had sec 117 and sec 107 available two seats in each believe it was row 19 and 21. Really taught about it but was nervous for resale as I believe the face was 299.00

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I have tickets in section 224 and taught about going into lower bowl last year. They had sec 117 and sec 107 available two seats in each believe it was row 19 and 21. Really taught about it but was nervous for resale as I believe the face was 299.00
I had 116 half seasons mid-teens, again great seats but a freaking fortune. A little more than the face you listed above. This was a mostly positive year and resale was meh. It would be very tough to resell these during a rebuild. My two cents.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I agree.

In the three center sections behind the benches (106-108), the first 8 rows are premium Delta SkyClub seats that come with the all you can eat lounge access. Those don't get published on any of the public maps, but seats are available upon inquiry. The per game cost is in the $500-$600 range. There are also glass seats available which come with DeltaSky and JP Morgan Club, and those are in the $1000 range.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
In the three center sections behind the benches (106-108), the first 8 rows are premium Delta SkyClub seats that come with the all you can eat lounge access. Those don't get published on any of the public maps, but seats are available upon inquiry. The per game cost is in the $500-$600 range. There are also glass seats available which come with DeltaSky and JP Morgan Club, and those are in the $1000 range.

They were 475.00 for this year and they didn’t have any full seasons available this year just a few half . I taught about those two but again don’t know how bad I would get killed on resale. Those are the sections with the d on the end

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They were 475.00 for this year and they didn’t have any full seasons available this year just a few half . I taught about those two but again don’t know how bad I would get killed on resale. Those are the sections with the d on the end

Any of those seats you're going to get executed on resale wise. You can't be buying them if you're expecting to get your money back on what you sell. Just to break even you'd have to sell at $520-$530 on StubHub which means the person buying is probably paying in the $600 per ballpark. Even the regular club seats you're going to take a beating on.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone RSVP to attend the Rangers tenure hour on Tuesday the 20th? Did you get your email confirming it? Just wanted to know if it was mailed out already cause I haven't received anything.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Did anyone RSVP to attend the Rangers tenure hour on Tuesday the 20th? Did you get your email confirming it? Just wanted to know if it was mailed out already cause I haven't received anything.
With one they had on the 12th, I got an email a day or two before reminding me about it. Your name is on a list. If it's at Moxy, get there early as there is one elevator. I had a few friends walk out of line because they were frustrated with the wait.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
With one they had on the 12th, I got an email a day or two before reminding me about it. Your name is on a list. If it's at Moxy, get there early as there is one elevator. I had a few friends walk out of line because they were frustrated with the wait.
any vouchers/giveaways this year?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
any vouchers/giveaways this year?
Nothing. I stayed until the end also, so I don't think I missed anything. The best thing I have to say about it is there were no lines for the bar and the food servers were not attacked as soon as they came out. It was a find event, but I would have rather have my tenure recognized with some of the crap they give away.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
hah, that would be a nice kick in the nuts for Jimmy. The Liberty has been a big money loser, and some insist that it's a fairness issue. Not how the world works, but it gives lawmakers motivation to hammer MSG on the venue permit. IMO this has zero implication on the property tax abatement since that came in with conditions specifically for Knicks & Rangers home games - there wasn't even a WNBA back then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad