Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I am glad I am not an Islanders STH. I got a phone call about 10 days ago from someone who said he worked in the Islanders Season ticket office. I thought it was a joke that a friend was playing on me but I kept the conversation going. Apparently I purchased tickets from the Islanders about 6-7 years ago against the Rangers(Gaborik had a big game if I remember correctly). Anyway they had my name on a list and asked if I was interested in a ticket package for next year. I explained that I am a Rangers STH and would not be interested. I then half jokingly started asking about their plans for Tavares and the conversation shifted back towards me getting a ticket package. Still thinking it was someone playing a joke I asked if I could go to a game this season for free to check out the atmosphere. The caller had my name and address and said they could send me a pair of tickets for free. I told them I needed 4 tickets for today's game and then I got the response I was expecting which was I can only send you 2 tickets. I then politely hung up after saying I wasn't interested anyway. Well what do you know this Thursday I get an envelope with 4 tickets for today's game with a note saying the Islanders look forward to having me as a potential future season ticket holder.
Anyway my neighbor took his 3 kids to the game today and said they were decent seats. Talk about a desperate franchise!

BCoco

Mar 19, 2018
Last week I noticed that the fee charged by the Rangers/Ticketmaster for reselling our tickets went from 10% to 16%. The fee was originally 5% when it was TicketExchange and then was raised to 10% when they re-branded it TicketsNow a few years back. Now without warning and right after season ticket renewals were due, they jacked it to 16%. It was already nearly impossible to sell my remaining games for anything near face value but this just adds insult to injury.

I emailed my account rep to ask about it and he called me this morning to say it was reversed. When I went back to the site, it was now showing a 12% fee. Still not back to the 10%. I asked him for a refund of my deposit for next season. After 10 years of being a season ticket holder and over 40 if I count my father's time as a season ticket holder, I think I am done.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Last week I noticed that the fee charged by the Rangers/Ticketmaster for reselling our tickets went from 10% to 16%. The fee was originally 5% when it was TicketExchange and then was raised to 10% when they re-branded it TicketsNow a few years back. Now without warning and right after season ticket renewals were due, they jacked it to 16%. It was already nearly impossible to sell my remaining games for anything near face value but this just adds insult to injury.

I emailed my account rep to ask about it and he called me this morning to say it was reversed. When I went back to the site, it was now showing a 12% fee. Still not back to the 10%. I asked him for a refund of my deposit for next season. After 10 years of being a season ticket holder and over 40 if I count my father's time as a season ticket holder, I think I am done.

They won't stop until they get every last ounce of blood. We are just $ signs. Good luck to them.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

I'm still getting a 10% fee on ticket exchange. Went in to my Rangers team account and tested with a ticket and put $90 as "Your Payout" and the "Buyer Sees" was $100.

BCoco

Mar 19, 2018
I'm still getting a 10% fee on ticket exchange. Went in to my Rangers team account and tested with a ticket and put $90 as "Your Payout" and the "Buyer Sees" was $100.

A price of $90 to you should show a price of $99 to the end buyer if it was 10%. $100 would imply 11.1%. When I put in $100 it showed $112 implying 12%. That was only after I complained at it showing 16%.

BCoco

Mar 19, 2018
Or your starting point.... The price is $100. You get $90. The juice is 10 percent. While the buyer may "see" $100, he will also pay juice on the $100, plus fees for convenience I am sure.

You could compute it either way but the bottom line is that before this change if you expected $90 then it would list for $99 before ticketmaster fees ($9/$90=10%). Now if you list for $90, the buyer sees $100 before ticketmaster fees ($10/$90=11.11%). That is a price increase that has been sprung upon us without notification. As I mentioned in an earlier post, on Friday it was actually 16%.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
You could compute it either way but the bottom line is that before this change if you expected $90 then it would list for $99 before ticketmaster fees ($9/$90=10%).
No, it's always been like this - the fee is 10%. If you had a buyer sees of $100, your payout was $90, which is a 10% seller fee and what you have now (10/100 = 10%). It's pretty clear cut, the only unclear part is that they don't allow decimals on the exchange listing so they round up the buyer price but don't round up your payout

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
You could compute it either way but the bottom line is that before this change if you expected $90 then it would list for $99 before ticketmaster fees ($9/$90=10%). Now if you list for $90, the buyer sees $100 before ticketmaster fees ($10/$90=11.11%). That is a price increase that has been sprung upon us without notification. As I mentioned in an earlier post, on Friday it was actually 16%.

If you expect a payout of $90, and TM rakes 10 percent of the price of the ticket, then the price of the ticket you need to set is calculated as $90 / 0.9 = $100.
If you set the price at $99, you get 90% of that, and will net $89.10.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
A price of $90 to you should show a price of $99 to the end buyer if it was 10%. $100 would imply 11.1%. When I put in $100 it showed $112 implying 12%. That was only after I complained at it showing 16%.

It is 10% of the sell price. So if the sell price is $100 you're net price after 10% is $90.00

BCoco

Mar 19, 2018
No, it's always been like this - the fee is 10%. If you had a buyer sees of $100, your payout was $90, which is a 10% seller fee and what you have now (10/100 = 10%). It's pretty clear cut, the only unclear part is that they don't allow decimals on the exchange listing so they round up the buyer price but don't round up your payout

Your right, my mistake but the fee did temporarily go up last week without notification. When I priced at $100 the buyer saw $116 which is about 13.7%. They have now set it back to what it was before.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone fill out the MSG STH Survey? I just finished it, and my only real feedback was that the variable pricing was awful.
On the flip side, did anyone do the one that StubHub recently sent out? I started it, but abandoned it, as the questions were WAY too specific.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Is the FDNY / NYPD game on Saturday included as a double header with the Sabres game or separate admission?

Considering that:
1. NYPD / FDNY is at noon, and Sabres / Rangers is at 7pm, I say no.
2. It's a "charity game", so tickets were sold as such. So I say no again. The "Battle of the Badges" game is sold out.

If you have a ticket for the matinee, you could always try to stow-away and stay for the later game, but with all the face recognition / cameras around, who knows what penalty Dolan would extract from you... Besides, that's a long time to wait between games...

I am sure alcohol will NOT be served at the matinee...

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Considering that:
1. NYPD / FDNY is at noon, and Sabres / Rangers is at 7pm, I say no.
2. It's a "charity game", so tickets were sold as such. So I say no again. The "Battle of the Badges" game is sold out.

If you have a ticket for the matinee, you could always try to stow-away and stay for the later game, but with all the face recognition / cameras around, who knows what penalty Dolan would extract from you... Besides, that's a long time to wait between games...

I am sure alcohol will NOT be served at the matinee...

they are separate ticketed events.

its an FDNY NYPD game - im sure alcohol will be served. always has been when they played at the coliseum.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
No surprise, it looks like the Rangers are making phone calls to try and drum up business. My buddy who shares my seats with me just got a phone call from a rep asking about interest in buying a plan. He surmises they got his number at work through his ticket exchange account. Told them he shares a subscription with a friend, they asked if he had any interest in his own plan.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
No surprise, it looks like the Rangers are making phone calls to try and drum up business. My buddy who shares my seats with me just got a phone call from a rep asking about interest in buying a plan. He surmises they got his number at work through his ticket exchange account. Told them he shares a subscription with a friend, they asked if he had any interest in his own plan.
I've goten those same calls from the Isles and Jets and they were always at a number that I don't publish. I feel like they do a little digging before making those calls.

The last question in the MSG survey was 'Can we have the name and number of the people you share your seats with so we can send them a survey also?'

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The last question in the MSG survey was 'Can we have the name and number of the people you share your seats with so we can send them a survey also?'
Those survey requests go straight to my trash folder. I remember maybe 2 years ago MSG sent out a pre-season survey to get to know the fans. I started it up and the questions were super intrusive basically how many kids do you have when were they born and what school do they go to kind of thing. Details like even an IRS hacker wouldn't come up with. Last survey I ever opened

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

I know someone who was called by the team and given free tickets to a game last week. Think they got his info through all for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad