Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by GordonGecko, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Registered User

I'm sure people have felt that way many times in the past. But it's all cyclical. In a few years they will have too many tickets and will make more seasons available.

2. Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818 Registered User

Agreed, and I think that will start this year. All sports teams eventually go from maximum profit mode to customer acquisition mode and vice versa as their success varies. Knicks season tickets have been readily available for years for just that reason. The Rangers will get that way if they’re a lottery team in the next few years.

3. Section311

Section311 Registered User

Self Employed
    See this is exactly what I was talking about the other day. I truly feel this is what happens with most people. Everyone one says no way am in renewing but in the very end they cave. It’s like giving them up is just to hard.

4. Section311

Self Employed
    Just renewed my tickets..surprised my the first option of auto renewal for next year as well. Everyone notice that?

5. McD27

McD27 Registered User

6. broadwayblue

Agreed. I knew keeping my pair would be a bad business decision, but I still put off canceling until the next to last day and even tried to talk myself into keeping them. There is a cachet associated with having season tickets. It's symbolic of one's loyalty to their team. But now that dedication is more about the heart than the head.

7. dstoffa

dstoffa Registered User

I enjoy going. I kept my share of my tickets even though I was sent out of state for work for 2-1/2 seasons.

I get to two or three games a month, my partner does the same. We sell the rest. I will admit, it's not the same as it was pre-renovation, as I almost never see the same people, but I still like to go. And so I will. As long as it makes financial sense for me, I'll keep them, along with my Mets and Yankees tickets, too.

Is it a bad business decision? It depends how one values going to see games live... And it's all subjective.

8. Giacomin

Giacomin Registered User

I just got off the phone with a friend who has had seasons for 9 years. He was lucky enough to get into one of the Center Ice sections a few years ago and even though he is in row 14 his seats are really nice. Due to a variety of reasons he decided not to renew and called his rep. yesterday. He told me that they tried to put the hard sell on him and even offered his same seats for a half season plan. He said after thinking it over he would take the half season plan in his same seats. Well he was told that he had to pay the half season price which is substantially more after they gave him the impression that he would get half the games for half the price of what he was originally slated to pay. He is done forever as a STH!

superyan likes this.
  9. xsniper11x

xsniper11x Registered User

Home Page:
    I have two tix in section 113 and decided even before the deadline sell-off that i wasn't renewing. MSG isn't nearly as fun as it used to be and i took a bath trying to move tix.

Finally got a personal call (not robo) from my rep a few days ago. Said its been a fun 6 years, but I won't be renewing.

Took it fine. No hard sell, no follow ups, nothing. Didn't seem like they were very desperate to me. I had my whole spiel lined up about the watered down garden atmosphere and the MSG conference call stating their goal of moving people away from full season ST's and didn't even get a chance to use it!

Maybe they're happy to have lower bowl STH not renew so they can flip to corporates? Not sure, but no push back at all seemed strange.

10. patnyrnyg

patnyrnyg Registered User

Just an FYI (non-Rangers related), but received an email about my Giants tickets. First payment for them is 3/14, 4 payment plan and the email included this blurb:

Does not have information about selling on all 3 sites and having the other 2 listings automatically deleted if they sell on the 3rd site.

11. niinah

niinah Section 214

Similar experience on upper bowl corner seats (row 6 in 214), rep mentioned half plan but didn't try to sell it. Still have not 100% decided not to renew lol

12. Rangers2319

Rangers2319 Registered User

Decided to try it one more year (213 r17), I'm also thinking that if there aren't a lot of renewals then that should be good for us right? Isn't MSG taking all non renewal tickets and breaking them up into minis and halves while raising the cost? That takes supply out of the market for the lower priced tickets, potentially making it easier to breakeven

13. Section311

Self Employed
    I think corporate is going to take the biggest hit because my accountant told me a few weeks ago My business can’t write off tickets anymore. I have Knicks tickets I’m not renewing for that exact reason

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Why was Ron DuGuay Fired...

You can opt out before the renewal period but they won't give you the happy hour pre game bar thing if you don't select it

yeah we talked about that, here's concrete proof that it's going to affect some non renewals without the tax deduction. Effective price hike of about 20% to the small business owner

15. eKardz

eKardz Registered User

i didn't plan on renewing, but last night at 11:52pm, I did...

Section311, Giacomin and Rangers110 like this.
  16. NYRFAN218

NYRFAN218 King Sponsor

Market is really starting to come down for the next few weeks. Corporate and tourists will keep prices from completely bottoming out but I think it's becoming clear a bad team will impact prices. Get in for tomorrow down to $45, CBJ game $50, Caps game $65. Over 1,500 tix left for the game v. Pitt Wednesday with a lot of tickets still left to sell at the box office.

17. broadwayblue

Prices have been pretty bad for much of this season and they are trending down. Next season will be terrible. For those who are renewing, plan on going to the games or find some people to take a share ASAP.

18. The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy Registered User

**** my life. My rep convinced me to renew :facepalm:

Section311 likes this.
  19. NYRFAN218

NYRFAN218 King Sponsor

That Caps game I think the Rangers had as a tier 10 game. My upper center 200's were $125 face and the cheapest pair on StubHub in that area is $83 each which means whoever is selling is clearing $75. That'll certainly get lower as it gets closer too with 2,300 tickets still left out there.

By my count, October and November were pretty much bloodbaths for resales with things picking up in December through January like normal. February wasn't horrible but after the letter and selloff, things are starting to take a nosedive. Hopefully everyone here has moved a lot of what they've had to sell the rest of the way.

20. broadwayblue

He's in sales. That's his job. lol

The Crypto Guy likes this.
  21. The Crypto Guy

Haha. Well damn him.

22. broadwayblue

Well, if you don't already split your seasons with someone try to find one or more people to do so. Unless you go to most of the games or your seats are among the best at your price point, you don't want to be trying to sell them next season.

23. broadwayblue

Surprisingly enough, when I called in to drop my pair my rep didn't even say a word. Guess he knew the seats at the ends are totally overpriced.

24. The Crypto Guy

Well i'm down about $500 this season with a handful of home games left :( (obviously the games I went to don't count)

25. broadwayblue

$500 isn't the end of the world. But if you can divide your tickets up for next season you will have less exposure for what should be the worst year for Rangers ticket resales in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.