Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Don't know if anyone's been following the full season map but a few pairs in the 200's have trickled out. Friend of mine was able to grab 200's behind the goal in the row 3+ price point. New business price but there are pairs out there for those looking.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Don't know if anyone's been following the full season map but a few pairs in the 200's have trickled out. Friend of mine was able to grab 200's behind the goal in the row 3+ price point. New business price but there are pairs out there for those looking.

Hope he plans on going to the games...resale is brutal on those.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Resale is going to brutal on pretty much everything just looking at the market. They use a lot of the games so it's not a concern.

True regarding resale being brutal on everything. But as someone who dumped a pair on the end after a few years of trying unsuccessfully to move over a few sections, I can tell you that most buyers have little interest in sitting behind the goal for face value. They were great seats for watching the game...so I will say your friend should enjoy them.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
True regarding resale being brutal on everything. But as someone who dumped a pair on the end after a few years of trying unsuccessfully to move over a few sections, I can tell you that most buyers have little interest in sitting behind the goal for face value. They were great seats for watching the game...so I will say your friend should enjoy them.

It’s all personal preference but I happen to love the seats behind the net. Quick access to the concourse, don’t have to climb up a million rows, right near the towers so you can bolt out when a game ends and not get caught up in a crowd, and you have a really good view. I’d much rather sit there then pay the premium for between the goal lines in say rows 9-14.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
It’s all personal preference but I happen to love the seats behind the net. Quick access to the concourse, don’t have to climb up a million rows, right near the towers so you can bolt out when a game ends and not get caught up in a crowd, and you have a really good view. I’d much rather sit there then pay the premium for between the goal lines in say rows 9-14.
Agree 100%. The video game view is the best! Lol.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Agree 100%. The video game view is the best! Lol.

Don't get me wrong. My seats in 217 were great for actually watching the game. But 99% of the public buying tickets on Stubhub or wherever gravitates to center ice seats. As a result it was a total pain to sell that pair...and when I did it was hard to get face last season. I expect it will be a bloodbath this season.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Especially new business. That first year is a pain in the ass price wise.
Even the tenured pricing. The cost is too high. If I was diligent, I could probably make a~25% profit if I sold all 44 games for the season. That is a whopping $2,000. Does $2000 really change anyone's life?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Even the tenured pricing. The cost is too high. If I was diligent, I could probably make a~25% profit if I sold all 44 games for the season. That is a whopping $2,000. Does $2000 really change anyone's life?

Depends on how much money you have/make and/or value your time. I was offered $1,300 to not get on my flight last Tuesday evening, and offered the first flight out on July 4. But as I was only traveling for a few days it wasn't worth it to me. For others, they would jump at that opportunity.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Depends on how much money you have/make and/or value your time. I was offered $1,300 to not get on my flight last Tuesday evening, and offered the first flight out on July 4. But as I was only traveling for a few days it wasn't worth it to me. For others, they would jump at that opportunity.
Haha, see. now that I would have taken unless I NEEDED to be at the destination Tuesday evening or first thing in the morning!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Haha, see. now that I would have taken unless I NEEDED to be at the destination Tuesday evening or first thing in the morning!

In fairness, it was an AA travel voucher for that amount, valid for 12 months. And I'm already rich in AAdvantage miles. :) I did think about it...might have done it for cash. I actually ended up at the airport super early and waited on standby for over an hour unsuccessfully for an earlier flight...so I really just wanted to get on the plane. Fortunately on the way home I got a complementary upgrade.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
In Rangers ticket news, I got an email this morning that my tickets for the first pre-season game against Philly sold for nearly face on TM...probably over on dynamic pricing. Consider me pleasantly surprised.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Rangers came out with 11 game plans. They have a premium plan (pretty much all the high tier games with no preseason) and my $89 seats come out to a nice $168 per in that plan. To be expected with the games included plus the mini plan pricing but that's some sticker shock right there.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
In fairness, it was an AA travel voucher for that amount, valid for 12 months. And I'm already rich in AAdvantage miles. :) I did think about it...might have done it for cash. I actually ended up at the airport super early and waited on standby for over an hour unsuccessfully for an earlier flight...so I really just wanted to get on the plane. Fortunately on the way home I got a complementary upgrade.
I have over 300,000 AA miles myself and no time to use them

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Oh yeah, that is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad