Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicer

Mar 12, 2016
Full season face values (tenure pre 2015-16)
Full season face values (tenure from 2015-16)

Full season face values (tenure from 2016-17 ???)
Half Season face values (tenure based??)
Quarter season face values (tenure based??)
[lower bowl has different prices for shoot 2x side too]

You're saying 14/15 subs are paying less than 15/16 subs? I know going forward 16/17 will pay more than 15/16, but I don't remember seeing reports that 15/16 1st timers were paying more than 14/15s.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I know this is a microscopic sample but I think it is somewhat telling that (it seems) a lot of subscribers drop out after 10 years. (where I am)

Wrestling with renewal...:amazed:

as long as they are competitive, there is no reason not to renew.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Its crazy how much they keep raising and all these different variables to raise prices of new STH or by location. Im in the blues 417, 5 yrs ago they were 37 bucks each, and now 57 bucks. When you factor in the extortion loss of 3 preseason games over 41 games, it comes out to $62. Luckily they are the easiest ones in the building to sell for profit. Im at the point where I couldn't care less about going to regular games, just sell sell sell and use the credits on playoff tix, especially with the price increase. And if I have to pay all this money to see yandle walk while watching girardi/staal I will definitely keep selling.

My one gripe is for some reason NYR said this was my 5th season as a sth, but my first season was 2010-2011 (in the lower bowl because that's all that was available) before I moved into blues in 11-12. So technically this was my 6th season having season tix, maybe they gave me a reboot in tenure when I made a location switch, idk.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Its crazy how much they keep raising and all these different variables to raise prices of new STH or by location. Im in the blues 417, 5 yrs ago they were 37 bucks each, and now 57 bucks. When you factor in the extortion loss of 3 preseason games over 41 games, it comes out to $62. Luckily they are the easiest ones in the building to sell for profit. Im at the point where I couldn't care less about going to regular games, just sell sell sell and use the credits on playoff tix, especially with the price increase. And if I have to pay all this money to see yandle walk while watching girardi/staal I will definitely keep selling.

My one gripe is for some reason NYR said this was my 5th season as a sth, but my first season was 2010-2011 (in the lower bowl because that's all that was available) before I moved into blues in 11-12. So technically this was my 6th season having season tix, maybe they gave me a reboot in tenure when I made a location switch, idk.

I would call in the off season and ask about that. The only perks that are remotely worth it is the discount at the team store and the tenure gifts. I can't recall what they are though.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
No increase in Knicks invoice which just hit my account.
Glad to hear the Knicks got no increase! If your team is terrible you get no increase. If they are playing well you get an increase. So basically your rooting for an increase in prices everytime you cheer your team on. So to keep my Knick prices the same, they would have to play this bad every year. Seems fair.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Glad to hear the Knicks got no increase! If your team is terrible you get no increase. If they are playing well you get an increase. So basically your rooting for an increase in prices everytime you cheer your team on. So to keep my Knick prices the same, they would have to play this bad every year. Seems fair.

But 13% increase when we are looking at WC spot? That's money grab

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

And no price decreases unless you miss the playoffs for 7+ years or if your GM sexually harasses an employee!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I had an issue with getting more than two season tickets. We wanted four and the ticket office was giving us a hard time. I wrote a letter to Dave Checketts when he was the Garden boss. His assistant called us two days later to give us the 4 tickets and move down a few rows. The ticket guy who handled the account got mad because he got in trouble.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
NY Rangers Renewals
Dear Piero,

Since 1926, season after season, the Blueshirt Faithful have supported the Rangers with pride, passion and commitment. For the past 2 years you have continued the tradition, cheering on our hockey club with unwavering support as a valued member of our team. The 2016–17 season marks the 90th Anniversary of our hockey club, and we hope that you join us for the excitement ahead.

Be sure to take advantage of these special offers:

Get a 10% rebate on your 2016 playoff tickets if you renew by April 8th. Last year, you saved $270 because you renewed by our Early Renewal Deadline.

Season Ticket Savings

Renew by April 29th for exclusive returning member pricing vs. new member pricing.

To secure your renewal for our commemorative 2016–17 season, visit nyrsubcentral.com.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Garden and sharing a memorable season together.

Renew Now and Save

Let's Go Rangers!
Rep Signature
Gretchen Muller
Rangers Dedicated Experience Manager
212-631-5753
[email protected]
Rangers Crowd Footer

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT

213 and 222 upper rows are sooo easy to sell. You do make a valid point here. I've been going to games since I was 16/17 (now 29) I've been to tons of playoff games. Honestly once you've been to so many playoff games you get spoiled. It makes regular season games not fun, the atmosphere isnt the same and it's almost boring. I do go to a couple regular seasons but it has to be a big rival game or one where it attracts tons of people, or if im bringing someone new who has never been before.

But again I'm pretty much at the point where its just about playoffs and nothing else.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
213 and 222 upper rows are sooo easy to sell. You do make a valid point here. I've been going to games since I was 16/17 (now 29) I've been to tons of playoff games. Honestly once you've been to so many playoff games you get spoiled. It makes regular season games not fun, the atmosphere isnt the same and it's almost boring. I do go to a couple regular seasons but it has to be a big rival game or one where it attracts tons of people, or if im bringing someone new who has never been before.

But again I'm pretty much at the point where its just about playoffs and nothing else.

Agreed..have had tickets for 15 years now and first years used to go to 25-30 games now last 5 years go to 3-5 and the last few years don't even go to first round playoff games anymore

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
[NHL][/NHL]
I would call in the off season and ask about that. The only perks that are remotely worth it is the discount at the team store and the tenure gifts. I can't recall what they are though.

I emailed my rep. She said she has gotten this ? before, and to take it as a birthday. I was born in 2010 and this is now 2016 so the season starting in 2016 is my 6th bday. What a joke. That's frustrating.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed..have had tickets for 15 years now and first years used to go to 25-30 games now last 5 years go to 3-5 and the last few years don't even go to first round playoff games anymore

Yup, I got them at 19 right when the team on the rise. I used to go to every game possible, then I saw all the great playoff games, saw the amazing playoff Ot games all in person, conf finals, game 7s etc. For me theres nothing left to see but that cup. Luckily I get free tix from work so Ill take those and sit down low and sell mine. Aside from that I have no desire to be there vs the cost of going, Id prob go more if I didn't have to worry about budgeting money, but im 25 with an average job. I was just fortunate enough to get in the blue seats before the renovations and the team took off, I did a lot of homework on it all, and it worked out.

When you see what these people pay for playoff tix and what we pay as full STH, that makes everything worth it just for that.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yup, I got them at 19 right when the team on the rise. I used to go to every game possible, then I saw all the great playoff games, saw the amazing playoff Ot games all in person, conf finals, game 7s etc. For me theres nothing left to see but that cup. Luckily I get free tix from work so Ill take those and sit down low and sell mine. Aside from that I have no desire to be there vs the cost of going, Id prob go more if I didn't have to worry about budgeting money, but im 25 with an average job. I was just fortunate enough to get in the blue seats before the renovations and the team took off, I did a lot of homework on it all, and it worked out.

When you see what these people pay for playoff tix and what we pay as full STH, that makes everything worth it just for that.

Let's hope the time will come that you'll have a hard time turning down the ridiclous offers coming your way to part with tix to the cup winning game. I know how much I was offered in 94 (I went and we lost game 5 ugh) but the numbers are going to be much higher next time.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Now i'm even more pissed that the ****ing joke Knicks tickets didnt increase. How about make them increase by 5% and us by 5% instead of us by 13%. **** you MSG.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Some of these increases are truly egregious. How do they compare with the leafs or the habs? I know the secondary market has been good but that can change quickly. I already thought the starting points were fair if you smooth out the tough early preseason, October and November games. And if we tank early there's no way those after new year games can cover the losses on the early games. If you can afford and able to go every game then it's another story

Last edited:

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
While it was nice not to have an increase for the Knicks, I can guarantee you once the Knicks are competitive again, the prices will be go up by 15-20% to make up all the years of no increases.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
While it was nice not to have an increase for the Knicks, I can guarantee you once the Knicks are competitive again, the prices will be go up by 15-20% to make up all the years of no increases.

so basically, what you're saying is the Knicks will never raise prices ever again :sarcasm:

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
The only thing that worries me is when the Rangers go through a tough patch of losing seasons, how can a STH sell tickets at the prices they are charging now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad