Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I asked this in the last thread but not sure if anyone saw it - can anyone let me know which sections in particular get access to the Delta Club and free food? Would this include Club Platinum or Club Blue sections? Or just the VIP seats?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I asked this in the last thread but not sure if anyone saw it - can anyone let me know which sections in particular get access to the Delta Club and free food? Would this include Club Platinum or Club Blue sections? Or just the VIP seats?

Delta Club access in ONLY the first 8 rows of 106, 107, 108, all rows in sections 1, 2, 3, and all rinkside seats. You don't get squat anywhere else

Still have to check out the Delta Club. Been in there before but not for a game, just roaming around after the game. Keep waiting to see if there's deals to be had for the early season games but they never drop below $200 IIRC. Haven't been in the Madison Club or suite level at all.

There was a pair for $66 on 9/21. For the regular season these days you will probably never see below $300 at best

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Delta Club access in ONLY the first 8 rows of 106, 107, 108, all rows in sections 1, 2, 3, and all rinkside seats. You don't get squat anywhere else

There was a pair for $66 on 9/21. For the regular season these days you will probably never see below $300 at best

Yep. The other club seats only allow you access to the club entrance to the arena, club bar & grill, and in seat food and drink service.

Didn't even see that pair since I went with my regular tix. But yeah, during the regular season the clubs will always fall in price but the Delta Club seats always stand strong.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I am a first time half season ticket holder for NYR. I got 2 seats which are $144 each.

Next year when the seat selection process begins, am I able to select something less expensive (if its available) or I do I have stay in the $144 price range or above. I heard that you can't downgrade in price, but not sure if this applies to full season or half seasons. Just wondering how everyone's experience has been over the years with seat prices etc. Thanks!.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I am a first time half season ticket holder for NYR. I got 2 seats which are $144 each.

Next year when the seat selection process begins, am I able to select something less expensive (if its available) or I do I have stay in the $144 price range or above. I heard that you can't downgrade in price, but not sure if this applies to full season or half seasons. Just wondering how everyone's experience has been over the years with seat prices etc. Thanks!.

The best thing for you to do is to put down a deposit. That will put you in a higher priority than people that didn't put down a deposit.

In the past didn't didn't allow you to go to a lower price point, but if your goal is to get a full season, you're essentially starting from scratch. The problem is, with the team playing well, there isn't much to go around.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
The best thing for you to do is to put down a deposit. That will put you in a higher priority than people that didn't put down a deposit.

In the past didn't didn't allow you to go to a lower price point, but if your goal is to get a full season, you're essentially starting from scratch. The problem is, with the team playing well, there isn't much to go around.
Oh okay, but assuming the team is playing well and there are no full seasons available next year, will they allow me to get a lower price point (assuming there are some available)?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Oh okay, but assuming the team is playing well and there are no full seasons available next year, will they allow me to get a lower price point (assuming there are some available)?

I think they were allowing that last year, but there wasn't much to be had. I had a half season last year and was hoping to upgrade to a full season and there was nothing, so I have a half season again. All I'm going to do is put down a deposit and hope that I get something better next year.

I've had seats since the 90s and you really have to wait for the team to suck to be able to really move anywhere.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I think they were allowing that last year, but there wasn't much to be had. I had a half season last year and was hoping to upgrade to a full season and there was nothing, so I have a half season again. All I'm going to do is put down a deposit and hope that I get something better next year.

I've had seats since the 90s and you really have to wait for the team to suck to be able to really move anywhere.
Gotcha, as the team plays well there is not that much inventory to choose from. Glad I got halfs this season.

The Knicks have been bad and when I was offered tickets this year I was thinking I was going to get whatever I wanted and while I did get decent seats there wasn't all that many good seats to choose from.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Gotcha, as the team plays well there is not that much inventory to choose from. Glad I got halfs this season.

The Knicks have been bad and when I was offered tickets this year I was thinking I was going to get whatever I wanted and while I did get decent seats there wasn't all that many good seats to choose from.

Yeah with the Knicks the cheap seats very very rarely come up. even in the apocalypse times around Isiah I could never get more that my two $25 nosebleeds. My only way to improve & add was through the renovation & relocation rounds.

With the Rangers the problem is that they are the hottest ticket so the waiting list is a mile long

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yeah with the Knicks the cheap seats very very rarely come up. even in the apocalypse times around Isiah I could never get more that my two $25 nosebleeds. My only way to improve & add was through the renovation & relocation rounds.

With the Rangers the problem is that they are the hottest ticket so the waiting list is a mile long

The Knicks weren't offering the cheap seats for renewals but they were offering them to new subscribers. But I am amazed I've been able to sell preseason games on TE.

m429

Apr 24, 2012
I'm a new STH and just got the below email from my rep. Wondering if it is common for reps to reach out just to say hi during the season? How is everyone's communication lines with your reps?

Hey xxxxx,

I hope all is well! Things around the office have been getting more and more exciting with the start of the season tomorrow!

I wanted to pass along a cool article I read about this season.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/what-rick-nash-learned-from-rangers-game-7-heartbreak/

I hope the boys in Blue can come together again this season and bring home the cup!

Let me know a game you will be at so I can come say hello!

Let’s go Rangers!!

Best,

xxxxx

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I'm a new STH and just got the below email from my rep. Wondering if it is common for reps to reach out just to say hi during the season? How is everyone's communication lines with your reps?

Hey xxxxx,

I hope all is well! Things around the office have been getting more and more exciting with the start of the season tomorrow!

I wanted to pass along a cool article I read about this season.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/what-rick-nash-learned-from-rangers-game-7-heartbreak/

I hope the boys in Blue can come together again this season and bring home the cup!

Let me know a game you will be at so I can come say hello!

Let’s go Rangers!!

Best,

xxxxx
I feel like my rep (for NYR & NYK) was very helpful and eager to speak with me BEFORE I purchased my season tickets, once I purchased them, I didn't think he was as excited to speak with me or as helpful. I mean, he wasn't rude or anything but I did see a small change. My NY Jets rep was the same exact way.

And to answer your question, I only hear from my rep when he has to sell me something (group tickets, suites etc.).

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I feel like my rep (for NYR & NYK) was very helpful and eager to speak with me BEFORE I purchased my season tickets, once I purchased them, I didn't think he was as excited to speak with me or as helpful. I mean, he wasn't rude or anything but I did see a small change. My NY Jets rep was the same exact way.

And to answer your question, I only hear from my rep when he has to sell me something (group tickets, suites etc.).

Because they want to make a sale. Much of the way they are paid is based on sales and productivity. My friend and I bought a bridge suite for a game is January against the Sabres. The cost was $6500. I called my rep who didn't get back to me, so I spoke to another rep. I was about to book with her when he called me back. I put her on hold and booked it with him. When I came back to her she asked me if I just booked it with another rep. I said yes, this is my rep. She said, yea he sits next to me, thanks a lot and hung up on me. It's cut throat in that office.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Because they want to make a sale. Much of the way they are paid is based on sales and productivity. My friend and I bought a bridge suite for a game is January against the Sabres. The cost was $6500. I called my rep who didn't get back to me, so I spoke to another rep. I was about to book with her when he called me back. I put her on hold and booked it with him. When I came back to her she asked me if I just booked it with another rep. I said yes, this is my rep. She said, yea he sits next to me, thanks a lot and hung up on me. It's cut throat in that office.
I had that feeling that they get paid based on sales. My rep basically begged me to leave a deposit earlier in the year.

What I didn't know is that once you become a full season ticket holder you get switched to another rep. So they have reps for halfs and minis....and reps that only do fulls. I was informed that I'm getting a new rep next season for the NYK bc I became a full STH this season.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I had that feeling that they get paid based on sales. My rep basically begged me to leave a deposit earlier in the year.

What I didn't know is that once you become a full season ticket holder you get switched to another rep. So they have reps for halfs and minis....and reps that only do fulls. I was informed that I'm getting a new rep next season for the NYK bc I became a full STH this season.

neither of my reps have been responsive to my inquiries. I had a lot of similar questions that you've asked in this thread and tried to ask my reps and was mostly unsuccessful. the people here are far more knowledgeable especially those who have done it for years. I am just going to wait as long as I can and when the time is right make the move from mini to half or full. I couldn't afford any of the half season options this year - over $100 per seat per game is tough for me to do.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
neither of my reps have been responsive to my inquiries. I had a lot of similar questions that you've asked in this thread and tried to ask my reps and was mostly unsuccessful. the people here are far more knowledgeable especially those who have done it for years. I am just going to wait as long as I can and when the time is right make the move from mini to half or full. I couldn't afford any of the half season options this year - over $100 per seat per game is tough for me to do.
People on this board definitely have more knowledge because I'm sure they have been through the process a bunch of times. What options were you given for the halfs this season?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

I have been passed around from rep to rep for various reasons over the years usually because reps quit. It's a high turnover position. This year my rep handed me over to a new hire, which kind of pissed me off because I had developed a good repore with the guy. Guess should have sent him a Christmas card or something.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
People on this board definitely have more knowledge because I'm sure they have been through the process a bunch of times. What options were you given for the halfs this season?

222 row 21. great section, high row....but I'd rather be there than the lower bowl.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014

By the time I got to log in and look the only halfs available were in the lower bowl or on the bridges. I know that I'm late to the party though so it's ok. I ended up picking a mini in the 400s because its my favorite place to sit and I figured I would go to most of the games.

Problem is the last 3-4 years I've spent wayyyyyy to much money on playoff tickets, but it is what it is.

m429

Apr 24, 2012
I have been passed around from rep to rep for various reasons over the years usually because reps quit. It's a high turnover position. This year my rep handed me over to a new hire, which kind of pissed me off because I had developed a good repore with the guy. Guess should have sent him a Christmas card or something.

I also have a new hire. Was annoyed last year because she kept telling me she could get me a playoff strip if I put down a deposit, but when the time came she gave me the usual BS. At that time, I told her I'd even take a single ticket strip and she assured me that a single ticket strip would happen. Sure enough, nada. Really wasn't expecting to get a strip with the demand, but just felt annoyed that she egged me on/didn't know what she was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino