Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
You would think so. But, I have met a lot of people over the years who had tickets back in the day. Saw them win the Cup, then stayed for 95 and that was it. They had huge turnover, well huge for their standards, from the Summer of 95 through ~98.

I know. I hit lottery and got a mini in 1993 that got full playoff in the same seats (329 row J). Hockey was more hard core back then. I think as GG said times are different now. People/tourists that used to only go to see the knicks are now coming to see hockey. So if we win, all of a sudden the tourists wil want to see the SC Champs! (many of whom don't even know what a puck is)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Ugh this sucks... from 57$ to 93 in 6 years. Not renewing next year. I'm 26 had em since I was 20, I would like to buy a house among other things. One day Ill come back. I am confused with this 8 ticket limit, aren't we only allowed a maximum of like 4? My friend basically has about 10-12 seats in the upper rows of 226 from his account and a few extra people.

I've had full seasons about 10 years now. After the 1st or 2nd year they offered to let me go from 4 to 6. I declined and never got the offer again.

Take one of those 0% credit card offers that that come in the mail and put it on that for 6 months. You're going to regret giving them up.

I put mine on an airline card to get a 100k mile bonus. More valuable if you travel.

You would think so. But, I have met a lot of people over the years who had tickets back in the day. Saw them win the Cup, then stayed for 95 and that was it. They had huge turnover, well huge for their standards, from the Summer of 95 through ~98.

I had partials in 94 and wanted to move up 1 row and get fulls for 95 (seats were $23 each in center 300s). Was told I could only upgrade in my existing seats (even though I knew the people in the seats I wanted). Decided not to then didn't even renew the partials since they removed the playoff rights and started requiring you to buy other events like boxing and eventually liberty games. I just went to a handful of games the next few years.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
The Knicks STHs took a bath last season and anyone could've bought upper corners/ends this season. Our current run is somewhat similar to the Knicks Ewing years and it will end too.
I got Knicks ST last uppers near center court, I felt now would be a good time to get them so if they EVER get good, I got decent seats.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Knicks STHs took a bath in the second half of last year and non-renewals were high. You could have gotten season tickets this year in most sections for the first time in a long time. The market started soft this year and as the team has sucked more and more, resale prices have gone up and UP. It's crazy, anyone who went in on Knicks ST are doing very well right now, which is why I'm guessing the Knicks are cracking down on an 8 seat limit too

The Islanders will never be a big draw because they're in Brooklyn. Even Yankee Stadium isn't a big draw anymore mainly because it's out in the Bronx. MSG has the perfect location
Agreed! Knicks ticket prices started off real slow, but picked up as the season went along, even though they were playing worse! Go figure that one out.

EasyTarget

Mar 31, 2016
New Jersey
2016-17 *FULL* SEASON TICKET FACE VALUES:
(For existing STHs - Updated as prices are posted)

Section |
2015-16​
|
2016-17​
|
Change​
400-Level Obstructed Rows 6-7|$33|$35|+6.0%
400-Level Rows 1-5|$53|$57|+7.5%
Upper Bowl Corner - Upper Rows (15-20+)|$58|$62|+6.9%
Upper Bowl Center - Upper Rows (15-20+)|$62|$74|+19.4%
Upper Bowl Corner - Lower Rows (3-14)|$83|$92|+10.8%
Upper Bowl Center - Lower Rows (3-14)|$91|$103|+13.2%
Upper Bowl Corner - Gallery Row 1|$142|$149|+4.9%
Upper Bowl Corner - Gallery Row 2|$91|$103|+13.2%
Upper Bowl Center - Gallery Row 1|$176||
Upper Bowl Center - Gallery Row 2|$108|$122|+13.0%
Lower Bowl Goal - Upper Rows|$127||
Lower Bowl Goal - Upper Rows Shoot 2x|$133|$139|+4.5%
Lower Bowl Goal - Lower Rows|$171|$180|+5.3%
Lower Bowl Corner - Upper Rows|$147|$167|+13.6%
Lower Bowl Corner - Middle Rows|$188|$195|+3.7%

Last season was my first as a STH. I am in Upper Bowl Center - Upper Rows. According to my invoice, they are renewing for $3520 per seat (which comes out to $80 per game). Anyone else experiencing this?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know if Half STH get the same 10% playoff rebate on early renewal? I renewed my playoffs and deposit for next years tickets this past Monday.

No.

You got upper bowl centers your 1st year?

I got upper corners my first year as a half and the same seats again this year.

I put mine on an airline card to get a 100k mile bonus. More valuable if you travel.

I play the points game very well also, and don't want to turn this into a credit card forum.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Apparently at the "new member" price. MSG bean counters are a creative bunch!

I'm actually curious about that. If you have a partial and you upgrade to a full, do you get considered new business or existing?

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I'm actually curious about that. If you have a partial and you upgrade to a full, do you get considered new business or existing?

In future monetization pipeline: price by rows, single section and TENURE. Wow

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
i wonder if there are going to be different prices printed on the hard tickets for renewing subscribers vs new subscribers for the same ticket locations. If so then a new subscriber can sell his tickets on this board for face value at a higher price than I can charge for the same ticket location at my returning season subscriber price.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Go figure that one out.
The only explanation IMO is that basic demand far outstrips supply. As the season goes on people have less and less tickets to sell yet tourists/clients really want to see the Knicks. I've seen the same thing with the Rangers, back in October I could barely get face for some games in March/April, and here we are in March & April and tickets are up to double face value.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Being a Half STH the only great perk you get is half playoffs. You get screwed with pricing and no 10% discount on playoffs for early renewal. Hope they upgrade me to a full this season. Gee whiz.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
i wonder if there are going to be different prices printed on the hard tickets for renewing subscribers vs new subscribers for the same ticket locations. If so then a new subscriber can sell his tickets on this board for face value at a higher price than I can charge for the same ticket location at my returning season subscriber price.

It's a crapshoot. My Predators tickets don't have a price printed on them, but the Islanders put it on there even though everything is a different price.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
The only explanation IMO is that basic demand far outstrips supply. As the season goes on people have less and less tickets to sell yet tourists/clients really want to see the Knicks. I've seen the same thing with the Rangers, back in October I could barely get face for some games in March/April, and here we are in March & April and tickets are up to double face value.
Completely agreed, I was on this board selling my NYR seats for face in early Sept/Oct. for Feb. March and April games and only sold a handful. In recent weeks, everyone is asking for tickets for March and April.

EasyTarget

Mar 31, 2016
New Jersey

I paid $67/ticket this year. That was the FV written on the ticket. I was told that the other STH around me paid $62.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011

Im starting to think, if u move ur seats during the upgrade process there will be a fee surcharge put on ur seats X 44 games!!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Holy increases. Got to love how this salary cap and all of its "cost certainty" has really helped us fans out.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Agreed! Knicks ticket prices started off real slow, but picked up as the season went along, even though they were playing worse! Go figure that one out.

There are A LOT more Basketball fans out there than hockey fans and people just want go to a game. Even if the team is not winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad