Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
What did he even hit him with? His back? Back of shoulder? Weird hit. Doesn't seem predatory to me. Here it would probably be a fine or a game. Over there it's probably three.

I saw it totally differently. Looks like he hit him shoulder to jaw. Predatory, eh but it looked bad to me and I wouldn't be surprised if he got five games.

Reactions: nyr2k2

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
McIlrath even was billed as having some upside beyond what people remember
People tried to say he could be Weber but I think that was trying to make the best out of a bad situation lol

McIlrath pick was a f***ing joke the moment it was made and everyone but Clark and the Rangers knew it

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I saw it totally differently. Looks like he hit him shoulder to jaw. Predatory, eh but it looked bad to me and I wouldn't be surprised if he got five games.
That could be, I was just watching it on my phone while waiting for my wife to finish physical therapy, LOL. It just looked like he was lining up a hit but mistimed it, and ended up out in front of the guy and kind of leaned back into him. Looked like he was definitely trying to get his body into him but not like he was targeting the head or anything.

Again though, could be wrong. I'm still on my phone. I will watch it tomorrow and reserve the right to change my mind, haha.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Can you honestly tell me he was a high ceiling guy? I don't think he was ever that.

I don’t really buy this concept completely to be honest. I think a bias towards top end flashy skills are seen as ‘high potential’ and guys playing at a little higher levels early are seen as ‘low potential’ or if they are a little less flashy.

But in the NHL, that top end ability is only a fraction of what sets players apart. Some of the best shooters, stickhandlers and playmakers doesn’t even make it to the NHL. It’s getting to use that top end ability that is the big challenge.

On top of that, hockey is a very complex sport. It’s to team sports what decathlon is to track and field sports. It’s fully comparable to any other sport in how complex it is without the skating, and with the skating it just pushes back the age it takes to reach prime level a good number of years.

All kids are a long way off from being top guys in the NHL, all kids must develop a ton. I don’t really agree that Lias had low potential for any other reason than his skating holding him back. If he moved better I think he easily could have become a center that plays high up the lineup with very talented linemates. The mistake made was misjudging his skating, but more than anything else, rushing him to the NHL at 18.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Maybe his skating wasn't as bad as our fans thought. If he was staying up all night playing video games, not getting sleep, was a mental, stressed out mess, I don't see how he would have his skating legs for any game. Fans judging his skating really have no creditability. What you find on these boards is that posters think they are professional scouts who know how to analyze a prospect when in reality they don't have any clue how to do that. If they did, they would be on an NHL payroll. If you go back and read Lias scouting reports, none of them said he was a bad skater. They all said he was a strong skater.

"Andersson is a strong skater. He has an excellent first step along with very good acceleration and top-end speed. He can get in quickly on the fore check, and is very effective at tracking down loose pucks. Andersson also shows good edge work and agility, allowing him to avoid defenders, and to make quick changes of direction and beat defenders when working the cycle game. He also has good balance on his skates and strength in his lower body."

"The things that stand out for me are most obviously his speed, his puck control and his all-around smarts."

What I would worry about is getting him back into the fold. Not his skating.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Andersson should stay in Europe. he is the next Jarkko Immonen. great pick for a 7th overall bust. not an North American pro in my opinion. he will have a better career in Europe.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Andersson should stay in Europe. he is ... a 7th overall bust. not an North American pro ...

this conclusion is based on what, please?
the 160 minutes he played last Oct/Nov, when his TOI exceeded 13 minutes only once?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Maybe he's staying over there because we have clowns like this in our fan base.

im not a fan that quits on his team, it is not like it was family related and if it was, he should have said something. Andersson seems like a quiter to me. he needs to grow up. Chytil did not do what he did. Chytil is a man, Andersson is a baby

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
im not a fan that quits on his team, it is not like it was family related and if it was, he should have said something. Andersson seems like a quiter to me. he needs to grow up. Chytil did not do what he did. Chytil is a man, Andersson is a baby

I think there is way more behind the scenes than we initially anticipated. Think he recently said he had a mental health issue that needed to be resolved.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
People wanted Andersson to be a center but IMO his skating simply isn't up to it. Maybe slightly better than Derek Stepan but Stepan made up for it because of great positioning and high IQ. To me Lias's best pathway to a successful NHL career is on the wing. He simply doesn't cover enough ground fast enough. By contrast Chytil is an excellent and graceful skater who does cover a lot of ground.

In the 19-20 training camp however Lias had picked up some quickness. That went south though apparently there was some kind of foot injury. Still think even with improved skating Lias belongs on the wing.

Reactions: Leetch3

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think there is way more behind the scenes than we initially anticipated. Think he recently said he had a mental health issue that needed to be resolved.

A lot of people don't get that anyone can have a mental health problem. There are a shitton of things that can bring these issues on and sometimes when left to fester or hidden away they can have serious ramifications. I'm thinking of Lyashenko for one. That hit the Rangers from out of nowhere. I don't doubt that Lias was depressed about how things were going with the Rangers last year and sometimes you have do a thing that takes you to a happier place and he seems happier where he is now.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Pajuniemi was scoreless. Played almost 20 minutes.

Aaltonen was scoreless in just 9 minutes.

Ragnarsson scoreless and only played 10 minutes.

Lindbom stopped 23/26 and got the win.

First game for all those guys.
Could it be that Benoit Alaire really did see great potential in Lindbom? All of a sudden he’s health and winning! Let’s Go Rangers!

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Chytil sucks beyond belief on faceoffs and if he doesn't improve, he will never play center in this league.
He’s only 20/21? He’s young be patient. He has a lot of good points as well. A window on his character - when sent down he worked his ads off with a great attitude to get back up to the big team and he played well. Let’s be patient and see how he does with better line mates this season!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lundkvist had no points.

Andersson was suspended five games.

Edström is still serving his suspension.

Lindbom didn't start.

Henriksson is playing Själin and neither have points.

Pajuniemi was scoreless.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lundkvist had no points.

Andersson was suspended five games.

Edström is still serving his suspension.

Lindbom didn't start.

Henriksson is playing Själin and neither have points.

Pajuniemi was scoreless.

Pajuniemi only had 2 shifts. He left the game early with a knee injury. Did not look good

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad