Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Glad its just some minor tears... as long as its not the knees or a concussion.
I like Pajuniemi as a prospect. Anybody know how much time he's had on PK the last season or so?
I ask because he can definitely score and think he could find a role on this team down the line. Maybe as soon as next year if he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Glad its just some minor tears... as long as its not the knees or a concussion.
I like Pajuniemi as a prospect. Anybody know how much time he's had on PK the last season or so?
I ask because he can definitely score and think he could find a role on this team down the line. Maybe as soon as next year if he keeps doing what he's been doing.
He didn't. He played three minutes on the PK all season. He played three minutes per game on the PP and 15+ total, but did not kill penalties. He has a ways to go until that's something he can reliably do.

Reactions: charliemurphy

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
He didn't. He played three minutes on the PK all season. He played three minutes per game on the PP and 15+ total, but did not kill penalties. He has a ways to go until that's something he can reliably do.
Is it just wishful thinking on my part in wanting to see him get an eventual shot here?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is it just wishful thinking on my part in wanting to see him get an eventual shot here?
Being a good PK'er may be wishful thinking but I do think he'll eventually be signed and come over. I still think he's a bit of a one-trick pony, but if he can translate that trick he's definitely an interesting player. A smaller, weaker Ales Kotalik.

Reactions: charliemurphy

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Being a good PK'er may be wishful thinking but I do think he'll eventually be signed and come over. I still think he's a bit of a one-trick pony, but if he can translate that trick he's definitely an interesting player. A smaller, weaker Ales Kotalik.
Interesting comparison with Kotalik. Curious, why you use that comparison? Seems as if Pajuniemi is a better and stronger skater.
I agree about seeing him as a one-dimensional player which is why I asked about his PK time. I think if he can add that element he could find his way into having a role on this team down the line.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Interesting comparison with Kotalik. Curious, why you use that comparison? Seems as if Pajuniemi is a better and stronger skater.
I agree about seeing him as a one-dimensional player which is why I asked about his PK time. I think if he can add that element he could find his way into having a role on this team down the line.
The Kotalik thing was just a comp to another RW who was reliant on finding those pockets to get off his shot. Kotalik, his shot was his weapon. Pajuniemi is much the same. If he can find time and space to shoot in the NHL, then he will have a career. If he can't think quickly enough he won't make it. I mean Pajuniemi can pass pretty well and is a decent player across the board, but his goals last year were all about finding time and space. He's not a dynamic offensive player (which just reminded me of Kotalik, at least the second half of his career).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That’s correct (no PP) though he started the season on the 3rd pair and was moved up after the first or second game.

Once again Rykov played almost the least amounts of minutes among CSKA D today against Dinamo Moscow (beat the other guy by barely 30 seconds)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Once again Rykov played almost the least amounts of minutes among CSKA D today against Dinamo Moscow (beat the other guy by barely 30 seconds)
I'm surprised. I was never super high on him as an NHL defender but he definitely has shown well in the KHL and I thought he'd be a big part of CSKA's defense.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm surprised. I was never super high on him as an NHL defender but he definitely has shown well in the KHL and I thought he'd be a big part of CSKA's defense.

I was (based on his skill set and abilities) and I'm surprised as well. Totally baseless but makes me think it is something intangible (attitude, effort, listening to coaches etc).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I was (based on his skill set and abilities) and I'm surprised as well. Totally baseless but makes me think it is something intangible (attitude, effort, listening to coaches etc).
I thought his mobility was overstated and that he didn't bring much in terms of moving the puck. I definitely thought he could be a solid guy on the third pair, but often he was talked about here as a 2nd pair guy, or maybe even a guy who could fill in on the top pair. So I guess I should clarify it was more about upside with him. I did think he could play in the NHL (and he may yet do so).

But yeah, this makes you wonder if it's something else. Since it shouldn't be talent.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think he had shoulder surgery so hopefully he is ready to go...but a good sign for all the college prospects

Yes, he's back to full strength and can use his shoulder. He's skating back home at the moment so he will be ready to go once they start

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Now that the draft is happening. When are we going to do a prospect ranking list?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm not totally convinced that it's major news for the other conferences. Our other guys, we have two in Hockey East and one in ECAC. The schools in the Northeast, in most sports, were among the first to announce closings and pull the plug on Fall sports. Many did that really early on. They'll probably be conservative in coming back. College Hockey had already said within the past couple weeks that they were aiming for a mid-November start, so the Big Ten is in line with that. I'm not sure if Hockey East or ECAC will be so quick to fall in line.

The Big Ten is also doing an abbreviated schedule. It was 24 conference games then each team playing Arizona State four times, IIRC. ECAC already plays a shorter schedule. They may get back but it will be interesting to see if they go for a fall or spring start and when it will occur.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully someone can pick up the Rankings this time around, going to be a very busy month for me at work so i'm not sure i can stay on top of it like previous rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hopefully someone can big up the Rankings this time around, going to be a very busy month for me at work so i'm not sure i can stay on top of it like previous rankings.

If nobody else wants to take up the mantle, I will do them, and will make the first poll after work today.

Also, any input that people may have about how to go about doing them is welcomed. For example, I prefer strictly sticking to the old HF definition of a prospect; if people have other ideas, now is the time to speak up.

And if anybody else wants to do the polls, go right ahead!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If nobody else wants to take up the mantle, I will do them, and will make the first poll after work today.

Also, any input that people may have about how to go about doing them is welcomed. For example, I prefer strictly sticking to the old HF definition of a prospect; if people have other ideas, now is the time to speak up.

And if anybody else wants to do the polls, go right ahead!
You should definitely stick to the old HF definition, IMO. I think it's important to have clearly-defined standards, and getting this board to agree to new standards would be f***ing impossible. So stick with the old ones. I think TCG even did polls last time to ask people whether so-and-so should be included or excluded, and IIRC everyone voted in accordance with what the established criteria would have dictated.

Reactions: Harbour Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad