Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He tends to be forgotten when it comes to the future of the left side, but his solid skating and defense might make him a good long term partner for a guy like Lundkvist.

He was kept in camp extra long for a reason, they expect good things from him and it may not be in the too distant future (2 years)
I think he was kept as long as he was because he was injured for the beginning of it and they wanted to get him into a game, not to take away how they think of him or how good of a player he is/projects to be

Reactions: egelband

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I genuinely think after one more year in the W, Robertson can jump right into the NHL. Maybe a few ups and downs but definitely a solid rookie pro in 21/22.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I genuinely think after one more year in the W, Robertson can jump right into the NHL. Maybe a few ups and downs but definitely a solid rookie pro in 21/22.

He will be playing junior hockey for 2 full years and I could see him spend half a year in the AHL after that. It's a big jump. I think my realistic expectation for him in 2021-22 is to have a similar impact as Joey Keane this season

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He will be playing junior hockey for 2 full years and I could see him spend half a year in the AHL after that. It's a big jump. I think my realistic expectation for him in 2021-22 is to have a similar impact as Joey Keane this season

Joey Keane is not knocking on the door to make the Rangers as you suggest for Robertson. So while I pretty much agree I think it will be another season after this in juniors and then likely at least a full season in the AHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Joey Keane is not knocking on the door to make the Rangers as you suggest for Robertson. So while I pretty much agree I think it will be another season after this in juniors and then likely at least a full season in the AHL.

Our defensive situation/depth in 2021 will be vastly different from 2019. Staal won't be on the team for one. I think for guys like Robertson in 2021 it would be easier than for Rykov/Keane in 2019.

I am not at all predicting Robertson will for sure play in the NHL in his first pro season, but to at least have a similar impact as Keane in Hartford

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
With DeAngelo pricing himself off the roster, Keane could get a shot sooner rather than later.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I don’t see DeAngelo pricing himself out of the lineup at least for a few seasons after this.
You’re not giving $4mm to a player when you have Fox on his ELC who can do a similar thing at 1/4 the cost.

Especially when the Trouba/Panarin signings have cut your flexibility.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
With DeAngelo pricing himself off the roster, Keane could get a shot sooner rather than later.
since when did ADA make a contract demand? Stop making sensationalist comments like you write for the Huffington Post. No one has a clue what he's going to sign for and even if it messes up our cap, a signed ADA is worth more at the market than an unsigned one. If you are unwilling to give ADA $4M you are a grade-A dolt. if he had a 5 year contract at the number, you realize how much higher his trade value would be? Also, that would be a deal for the point production he is puking out.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
since when did ADA make a contract demand? Stop making sensationalist comments like you write for the Huffington Post. No one has a clue what he's going to sign for and even if it messes up our cap, a signed ADA is worth more at the market than an unsigned one. If you are unwilling to give ADA $4M you are a grade-A dolt. if he had a 5 year contract at the number, you realize how much higher his trade value would be? Also, that would be a deal for the point production he is puking out.
He doesn’t need to make any demands as he’s arbitration eligible.

Start using your head for something other than a hat rack.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
He doesn’t need to make any demands as he’s arbitration eligible.

Start using your head for something other than a hat rack.

I mean, yeah, he kinda does need to make a contract demand. He's not going to arbitration if he doesn't, b/c that'd mean either he accepts the Rangers offer or refuses to sign a contract.

The irony of your hat rack comment here is quite rich.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
DeAngelo is pro-rating for a 60+ point season as a RD. His defense has improved as well. I don't look at him as a legit 1st pairing guy but defensemen who can put up those kinds of point totals are pretty damned rare. I suspect he will ask for at least $6mil per and would not be surprised if he asks for more. I think the Rangers would go into an arbitration lowballing him around $4 mil per. There's a point where the Rangers ability to defend as a non-playoff team is their great weakness and that's not really a goaltending issue and in that respect Tony is certainly part of that issue and that will be one of the Rangers arguments.

I think the Rangers have a price for what they want to shell out to Tony and past that they start thinking about moving on from him. If there's a happy middle ground it's more likely to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad