Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Spoke to Karl Henriksson over the weekend. Have an interview coming up tomorrow, on his birthday.

He won the CHL final with Frölunda today, beating Mountfield HK from the Czech Republic 3-1. Great week for the kid and hopefully he can build on this. He had a small role on the 4th line, but he was playing over Lucas Raymond which is a nice little reward for the work he has put in since returning from the WJC

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
He doesn’t need to make any demands as he’s arbitration eligible.

Start using your head for something other than a hat rack.
Why don’t you chill out with the insults. this is a discussion board. We share ideas and are lucky to get some inside info from some posters. I enjoy reading different opinions and don’t need to disrespect people. We all want the same thing. A competitive Rangers team and NYR Stanley cup championships!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It's like his Mestis spell fired him up and gave him some confidence.

Yeah, its great to see him (potentially) start to move in the right direction.

At the same time, I think its important to remember that Aaltonen is in a different category in many ways than like Pajuniemi is. Even if Pajuniemi isn't very one-dimensional, he has to become an offensive threat in the NHL to ever win a spot. He will not beat out a Fogarty/Gettinger with his checking abilities. He must become like somewhat of an Olofsson/Donskoi player.

But Aaltonen definitely can be sorted in the Carl Hagelin category. His speed and footwork is an ability strong enough in itself to make a case for him playing on a 4th line in the NHL. Hagelin was a marginal 4th lineer for Sweden in the WJC that he only made his last eligible year and didn't destroy the NCAA either his first two years there. And he was hardly super impressive his first camps for us either or in the AHL. But his speed kept him in the running.

In the same way, Aaltonen must not become able to shoulder a big role on a PP or to carry a line offensively outside the NHL. When a Lakatos isn't scoring there are real reasons for concern. Pajuniemi has checked a box with his scoring this year that was a box that needed to be checked. With Aaltonen, the box that must be checked is more that he must move his overall game, ability to play in traffic, win puck battles etc up a few notches. For those who haven't seen him, his speed is REALLY that good.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yeah, its great to see him (potentially) start to move in the right direction.

At the same time, I think its important to remember that Aaltonen is in a different category in many ways than like Pajuniemi is. Even if Pajuniemi isn't very one-dimensional, he has to become an offensive threat in the NHL to ever win a spot. He will not beat out a Fogarty/Gettinger with his checking abilities. He must become like somewhat of an Olofsson/Donskoi player.

But Aaltonen definitely can be sorted in the Carl Hagelin category. His speed and footwork is an ability strong enough in itself to make a case for him playing on a 4th line in the NHL. Hagelin was a marginal 4th lineer for Sweden in the WJC that he only made his last eligible year and didn't destroy the NCAA either his first two years there. And he was hardly super impressive his first camps for us either or in the AHL. But his speed kept him in the running.

In the same way, Aaltonen must not become able to shoulder a big role on a PP or to carry a line offensively outside the NHL. When a Lakatos isn't scoring there are real reasons for concern. Pajuniemi has checked a box with his scoring this year that was a box that needed to be checked. With Aaltonen, the box that must be checked is more that he must move his overall game, ability to play in traffic, win puck battles etc up a few notches. For those who haven't seen him, his speed is REALLY that good.
And the extra challenge for him is that he’s got to do this while being 3 inches shorter than Carl was...

Still, very encouraging to see him pot his first in the top league!

Reactions: egelband and Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
His Mestis page listed him at 154, his Liiga page at 167. Would be nice to add some muscle, as well.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think the Rangers have a price for what they want to shell out to Tony and past that they start thinking about moving on from him. If there's a happy middle ground it's more likely to work out.
I do not disagree, but a) I think it is likely higher than you think given what he is doing offensively & b) given arbitration, if such a moment was to arrive, it would not be for a good number of years to come.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I do not disagree, but a) I think it is likely higher than you think given what he is doing offensively & b) given arbitration, if such a moment was to arrive, it would not be for a good number of years to come.

I said they would lowball him in an arbitration hearing. I didn't say that's as far as they would go. I don't think they want to go as high as $6 mil per though.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually believe that if they could sign him now to let's say 5 years at $6, they would

Possibly but.....IMO the Rangers would like to give Tony a lesser deal for 20-21 and maybe the $6 X 5 starting in 21-22. Henrik, Marc and Brendan Smith come off the books and a lot of the buyout money goes away too. They'll be more flush in cash then.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Possibly but.....IMO the Rangers would like to give Tony a lesser deal for 20-21 and maybe the $6 X 5 starting in 21-22. Henrik, Marc and Brendan Smith come off the books and a lot of the buyout money goes away too. They'll be more flush in cash then.

Can we move this DeAngelo shit to the DeAngelo thread or the Roster Building thread, please?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed again. I believe that there is a decent chance that they go to arbitration this year and then sign him long-term in two.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The top leagues have a break in Europe now. Will be exciting to see Lauri Pajuniemi who has been selected for Finland to play in the EHT in Sweden (think it’s called Beijer Tournament).

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The top leagues have a break in Europe now. Will be exciting to see Lauri Pajuniemi who has been selected for Finland to play in the EHT in Sweden (think it’s called Beijer Tournament).
Yes, it's the Beijer Hockey Games. Lundkvist is also there for Sweden. Should be fun.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yes, it's the Beijer Hockey Games. Lundkvist is also there for Sweden. Should be fun.

Wow, missed that on Nils. Could have been drunk, but fairly certain that he wasn’t selected when the roster was announced but there is usually a few players that can’t go and kids that takes their place.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Raganrsson has two assists.

Lindbum having a bad game.

Tarmo was scoreless and played 19:32.
Lindbum had a good third, stopping 15/16, but allowed 4 goals on 31 shots for the game.

Ragnarsson finished with 2A and +3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad