Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I am presuming he was never gonna be lured back to NA by a 2-way ...
IDK, someone could have offered him $900K NHL, $450K AHL or something, it may have piqued his interest. I have no idea how much he wants to play in the NHL. I assume at this point, "not much", but a deal like I structured may have been enough if he really wanted to come earn it. Again though...I think he's content where he's at.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Why don’t care about Aaltonen? Didn’t we think he had a decent shot of becoming an NHLer?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why don’t care about Aaltonen? Didn’t we think he had a decent shot of becoming an NHLer?
Eh, he's still a long shot. He's tiny and raw which is why he was a fifth round pick. I know he was a teenager, but his season wasn't great by any means. Mostly on the fourth line, some scratches. He needs to get a hell of a lot stronger.

He's intriguing, but he has a really long way to go and I would need to see him do something in Liiga before he really jumped into my radar. He put up a couple points at the end of the season, but right now for me he's one of those guys that's out on the periphery.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Eh, he's still a long shot. He's tiny and raw which is why he was a fifth round pick. I know he was a teenager, but his season wasn't great by any means. Mostly on the fourth line, some scratches. He needs to get a hell of a lot stronger.

He's intriguing, but he has a really long way to go and I would need to see him do something in Liiga before he really jumped into my radar. He put up a couple points at the end of the season, but right now for me he's one of those guys that's out on the periphery.

Any preference outside these 4?

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any preference outside these 4?
I was mainly just looking to shit on Ronning, there. And Fogarty IS old. But really any would be a fine read, I'm sure.

You know I do legitimately want a Simon Kjellberg...

If you do Skinner, I'd love to know about what made him go the OHL route instead of WMU, and how he felt his season went as a whole (since it was up-and-down).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was mainly just looking to shit on Ronning, there. And Fogarty IS old. But really any would be a fine read, I'm sure.

If you do Skinner, I'd love to know about what made him go the OHL route instead of WMU, and how he felt his season went as a whole (since it was up-and-down).

That was my first question and I think you will like his answer. I interviewed all 4 players. And will publish all 4 interviews in the coming weeks. I just wanted to know if people had a preference on who to publish first

I have reached out to Kjellberg, so we will see if he's up for one

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Aaltonen looked like Jesper Fast's younger brother at the draft. Kid has the build of a 12-year-old. He's the classic case of leave him alone for a few years and let's see how he matures or grows.
Not that I necessarily disagree but Nils still looks 12 and that didn't stop him from crushing the SHL.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Aaltonen looked like Jesper Fast's younger brother at the draft. Kid has the build of a 12-year-old. He's the classic case of leave him alone for a few years and let's see how he matures or grows.
How big it small are his folks? Do we know?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Fogarty has a ways to go though before he hits 30 but yeah his chances of ever really making it seem slim. He's a great team oriented guy--defensively responsible. He's become a very good AHL player and has developed an offensive game at that level. But that extra gear in his skating just isn't there. I would like to see him re-sign with Hartford though. A good character player.

Ronning has struggled as a pro but I love his attitude. He's easy to root for.

On Aaltonen--a year mostly in Lliga as a 19 year old is pretty good. You can't teach speed either. He's a great skater.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I love Fogarty. Don't get me wrong. He just seemed like an odd fit in a series that otherwise seemed to focus on prospects.

I think he can get by in the NHL with his skating but mentally he's a stride too slow, which is why his offense will never translate.

If like to have him back, too. I wouldn't be completed shocked if a another team really liked him and he was able to sign another NHL deal for the minimum.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to try Europe. He could be a really player over there, with a slightly slower pace and more space.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Not that I necessarily disagree but Nils still looks 12 and that didn't stop him from crushing the SHL.

Nils is also a year older and stronger. That year difference at that age is huge. Sometimes players aren't body builders and barely even 6' or under but very strong. Leetch and Borque are examples of that. To a lesser extent guys like Zuc and Theo Fleury. Levi can be that way but he has to naturally mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad