Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Pens - Celly for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
You realize Dubas has been a fan of Bunting's since he was a teenager in the Soo, right?

People are so daft on here sometimes.

Bunting was not a cap dump. He was a player that Dubas' specifically sought out.
I said this from day one. Dubas thought this was a major piece coming back. I honestly would not be surprised if he passed over better offers. It’s Jeff Carter and Hextall all over again. These GMs get emotionally attached to these players.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I said this from day one. Dubas thought this was a major piece coming back. I honestly would not be surprised if he passed over better offers. It’s Jeff Carter and Hextall all over again. These GMs get emotionally attached to these players.
No, he didn't, Koivunen is the main piece! Stop lying to the masses here.

It's Letang's fault Nylander never panned out here.
It's Letangs fault he took a misconduct penalty that led to a Ranger goal. lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No, he didn't, Koivunen is the main piece! Stop lying to the masses here.

It's Letangs fault he took a misconduct penalty that led to a Ranger goal. lol

Undersized, skilled european forward.

Our speciality!

At giving AWAY.

1710635947020.png

Reactions: Darren McCord

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Rangers won away and I looked almost entire game.

Rangers has good mix in troopers.

Rangers will go to quarter-final at least!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Steelers are at least making ballsy moves to try to improve…I better see the same attitude from Dubas this summer, and it should start with firing the damn coach!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Steelers are at least making ballsy moves to try to improve…I better see the same attitude from Dubas this summer, and it should start with firing the damn coach!
I don't even know if a coach change would improve this team but it's worth a try regardless. Sully about to miss the playoffs in back to back years after never making it out of round 1 since 2018 when they lost in the 2nd round. We basically made a deal with the Devil to win back to back only to suck ever since, which is REALLY weird considering TB didn't or teams that won the cup after us didn't.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

This is a Penguins board. Who cares about the Steelers?

Also Steelers moves are almost identical to what Dubas did last summer. A whole lot of window dressing to get fans interested and say "wow". Doubt it has any real effect on that team with Tomlin at the helm.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is a Penguins board. Who cares about the Steelers?

Also Steelers moves are almost identical to what Dubas did last summer. A whole lot of window dressing to get fans interested and say "wow". Doubt it has any real effect on that team with Tomlin at the helm.
Steelers are trying to win, you gotta love it!

Hm I kinda like Bunting. Maybe I’m an idiot.
He's been good, nice pick up, I like him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Holy shit I can’t wait for new coaches if even just to escape the (valid) discourse

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Tactics vs strategy

On the small scale, every time we tune into a game, we have an emotional investment in that game and want our team to win.

On the large scale, we understand that we’re not making the playoffs, so losing is the best option.

So being in both lanes at different times makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

Do we actually think this is a bottom 5 team with this roster but a different coach? Look at some of the teams fighting for the last two playoff spots. Their rosters are not significantly better than ours.

That is not a homer opinion, either. There is going to be 1, maybe 2 metro teams who make it with absolute garbage rosters.
I think unless the team finds a way to add a significant amount of goal scoring potential to the top-9 this summer, they're in danger of being right back in this position again next year, yeah. Sully's ego and coaching have made an otherwise pretty bad team look dreadful, but I still think they're a pretty bad team.

Sid stopped caring the moment Jake was dealt and I think that's a pretty insurmountable production loss on his line over the course of a full season. Geno's kinda cooked and has no wingers good enough to help his line. Letang's kinda cooked. I imagine EK is a threat to ask out this summer. Jarry's a shit calzone.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think unless the team finds a way to add a significant amount of goal scoring potential to the top-9 this summer, they're in danger of being right back in this position again next year, yeah. Sully's ego and coaching have made an otherwise pretty bad team look dreadful, but I still think they're a pretty bad team.

Sid stopped caring the moment Jake was dealt and I think that's a pretty insurmountable production loss on his line over the course of a full season. Geno's kinda cooked and has no wingers good enough to help his line. Letang's kinda cooked. I imagine EK is a threat to ask out this summer. Jarry's a shit calzone.

Neither is really an issue production wise when compared to the comparables on the other teams that are in the wild card race.

The winger thing is 100% an issue especially since Dubas when out and acquired yet another 40 pt guy who can be a 50 pt guy with an elite center.

So you'd rather have kept jake and lose him for nothing while still missing the POs?

No, I'd rather have traded Jake for a full on future return over trading him for a player like Bunting.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
No, I'd rather have traded Jake for a full on future return over trading him for a player like Bunting.
A full future trade does nothing to get them back in the POs next year, which is what the plan is. You might not like it but FSG wants one more run for Sid and Kyle's job is to try to make it happen. Again, this isn't a video game with no real-world consequences to tanking for the future.

Bunting is a final player and has already made the PP look better. He could easily be a Kunitz-lite player for Sid, which is great at the price.

Also, if you paid attention during the TDL, prices were pretty weak. I highly doubt he couldn't have done much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad