Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Pens - Celly for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
Tactics vs strategy

On the small scale, every time we tune into a game, we have an emotional investment in that game and want our team to win.

On the large scale, we understand that we’re not making the playoffs, so losing is the best option.

So being in both lanes at different times makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

Do we actually think this is a bottom 5 team with this roster but a different coach? Look at some of the teams fighting for the last two playoff spots. Their rosters are not significantly better than ours.

That is not a homer opinion, either. There is going to be 1, maybe 2 metro teams who make it with absolute garbage rosters.
I get that. I feel the same way but, there is no use blistering a team you want to lose when they play bad. At this point it is no longer on any one but, the players. Yes Sullivan drug them to this point. I totally agree 100% but, they are all very experienced NHL players making horrendous mistakes. They know how to play the game within whatever system Sullivan has. We have seen how they can play when they WANT to lock it down. I know it goes back to the coach. He has lost the room but, you would think these proud players would want to quit being embarrassed at this point. The constant defensive lapses, the lack of board work and hustle and the atrocious goal tending, those are player mistakes brought on by inadequacy or apathy. I am voting for the most part on the latter. Sullivan and Dumbass put them here but, if most of them don't have the heart or the want to be better (when there was still a shot at the playoffs) it doesn't matter who is behind the bench.

The rebuild needs to be top down on the organizational side.

The team went through the "Jake trade" and looked like it died. Yes it told them that Dumbass had no faith that they were a playoff team. Myself that would have pissed me off and lit a fire to prove him wrong but, it seems most of them bought in and that is 100% on the players.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
It sucks cuz I want this team to get as good of a pick as possible in this draft, but there's zero part of me that thinks next year's pick is gonna be easier to give up with Sullivan and Dubas manning the ship. :laugh:
News…Dubas isn’t the problem. He’s a main part of the solution.

Can we just rebuild? I am not wasting my next 3-4 years watching Dubas make moves to go for the cup only to be a bottom 10 team every year. At least then we wont have high expectations. Trade Crosby, trade Malkin and just tank.
They should’ve done that 2 years ago instead of signing Malkin & Letang

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This team is pathetic.... that is no secret. But really the big reveal is what a mess the organization is largely. I mean, FSG is now shopping for a major league soccer club to get into....

LPFC is probably FSG greatest (recent) success story... mostly by way of a man named Jurgen Klopp.

But whatever is going on with the penguins organization is a disaster. Rebuilding or tanking? Competing or not? You can't tell me they are honestly trying to compete with HCMS and TR.... get GM's that can't make moves.... Get GM's that have to get coach specific players.
I guess xGMJR huffed out because he was sick of the handcuffinig and who knows what else....
But make up your mind FSG. Wipe it out and start over. Just because tickets are sold this season, I'd expect a sharp decline after back to back wash out seasons. THAT will spring change.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I get that. I feel the same way but, there is no use blistering a team you want to lose when they play bad. At this point it is no longer on any one but, the players. Yes Sullivan drug them to this point. I totally agree 100% but, they are all very experienced NHL players making horrendous mistakes. They know how to play the game within whatever system Sullivan has. We have seen how they can play when they WANT to lock it down. I know it goes back to the coach. He has lost the room but, you would think these proud players would want to quit being embarrassed at this point. The constant defensive lapses, the lack of board work and hustle and the atrocious goal tending, those are player mistakes brought on by inadequacy or apathy. I am voting for the most part on the latter. Sullivan and Dumbass put them here but, if most of them don't have the heart or the want to be better (when there was still a shot at the playoffs) it doesn't matter who is behind the bench.

The rebuild needs to be top down on the organizational side.

The team went through the "Jake trade" and looked like it died. Yes it told them that Dumbass had no faith that they were a playoff team. Myself that would have pissed me off and lit a fire to prove him wrong but, it seems most of them bought in and that is 100% on the players.

So basically we have mentally fragile, weak, front-running players who can't handle adversity but also according to you we shouldn't rebuild.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We actually might not win a game until that home and home series against Columbus at the end of the month…every other game is against teams in the hunt at least and we’re worse than all those teams…now our goaltending has gone in the toilet too…we are very far from the Rangers, Colorado, Florida and the top competitors for the Cup…Dubas must see this…of course the roster needs improving but #1 problem is the coach…if we roll it back with Sullivan next season there’s zero point in watching this team lol

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Here’s the game day shitty promo image if anyone doing it wants to use it.
7FD83657-0EE2-416C-BDA4-5B03F6E90BB1.jpeg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Proud to be posting in the dumb thread with everyone.
So basically we have mentally fragile, weak, front-running players who can't handle adversity but also according to you we shouldn't rebuild.
And the coach is both a genius, and the one for letting things get so bad that they are in this situation. But instead of fixing everything, we should just let it continue, because fixing anything might give us false hope? I think?
Here’s the game day shitty promo image if anyone doing it wants to use it.View attachment 837449
is this official?

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Proud to be posting in the dumb thread with everyone.

And the coach is both a genius, and the one for letting things get so bad that they are in this situation. But instead of fixing everything, we should just let it continue, because fixing anything might give us false hope? I think?

is this official?

I’d hope not since I had it generated lol

Reactions: HandshakeLine

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Come on everything in this thread.

My order of preference is:
1) Fire Sully, begin the rebuild in earnest regardless by trading Karlsson, Rust, Petts, and Jarry over the summer. I guess Rust and Jarry you hang on to if you have to retain on both (can't since you'll be retaining on Karlsson) or can't get good value.

Gap

2) Do some dumb retool while firing Sully, in hopes it works. No future assets go out unless they are for a player with term. Still trade Karlsson and Jarry.

Gap
Gap
Gap

3) Do some dumb retool while keeping Sully, tinker around the edges with a new PP philosophy sans Reirden and a new winger. Go crying back to Jake to try to come back; failing that sign some other schmo. Retain on Smith to make the cap work.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

1) Fire Sully, begin the rebuild in earnest regardless by trading Karlsson, Rust, Petts, and Jarry over the summer. I guess Rust and Jarry you hang on to if you have to retain on both (can't since you'll be retaining on Karlsson) or can't get good value.

Gap

2) Do some dumb retool while firing Sully, in hopes it works. No future assets go out unless they are for a player with term. Still trade Karlsson and Jarry.

Gap
Gap
Gap

3) Do some dumb retool while keeping Sully, tinker around the edges with a new PP philosophy sans Reirden and a new winger. Go crying back to Jake to try to come back; failing that sign some other schmo. Retain on Smith to make the cap work.
Lol, I wasn't bagging on you, just drawing out the other weird line of logic that pops up in posts like the one you quoted.

It's just weird that while 80% of the board sees the situation for what it is and merely disagrees on the course of action to take, another 15% of the board sees the situation and then doesn't want to do ANYTHING about it. The remaining 5% is just nuts.

Boy... you got to kerning past the the missed spelling?
Missed spellings happen all the time, but you gotta try to f*** up that kerning like that. :laugh:

I’d hope not since I had it generated lol
I cannot tell with this team sometimes. lmao

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Lol, I wasn't bagging on you, just drawing out the other weird line of logic that pops up in posts like the one you quoted.

It's just weird that while 80% of the board sees the situation for what it is and merely disagrees on the course of action to take, another 15% of the board sees the situation and then doesn't want to do ANYTHING about it. The remaining 5% is just nuts.

Missed spellings happen all the time, but you gotta try to f*** up that kerning like that. :laugh:

I cannot tell with this team sometimes. lmao

Oh I was just trying to be punny with the poster's name. Failed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Gap

Gap
Gap
Gap

Uh, you know it’s gonna be #3 don’t you, minus the Reirden leaving lol? Too many current players who’ll be hard to trade…best case is we get two players signed long term out of here and play some young players we either have or trade for….I don’t think there’ll be much difference next season roster or coaching wise…I hope to god I’m wrong lol

Gap

Gap
Gap
Gap

Uh, you know it’s gonna be #3 don’t you, minus the Reirden leaving lol? Too many current who’ll be hard to trade…best case is we get two players signed long term out of here and play some young players we either have or trade for….I don’t think there’ll be much difference next season roster or coaching wise…I hope to god I’m wrong lol

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Uh, you know it’s gonna be #3 don’t you, minus the Reirden leaving lol? Too many current players who’ll be hard to trade…best case is we get two players signed long term out of here and play some young players we either have or trade for….I don’t think there’ll be much difference next season roster or coaching wise…I hope to god I’m wrong lol

Uh, you know it’s gonna be #3 don’t you, minus the Reirden leaving lol? Too many current who’ll be hard to trade…best case is we get two players signed long term out of here and play some young players we either have or trade for….I don’t think there’ll be much difference next season roster or coaching wise…I hope to god I’m wrong lol

I do know that, and it's pathetic. This org is a farce.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Dubas has been a huge problem.
If you think that, then you are truly lost. This team aged out..period. It was also run into the ground by trading away picks for Cups. Of course, you always make that deal, but there was a price for glory.

Plus, the team fell apart the last few years & was no where near a contender. Is that on Dubas too?

If anything, I want the team to get worse. That way, we can properly rebuild, gain high end talent through the draft, & compete again for Cups. That’s precisely how the first 5 Cup teams were built.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
If you think that, then you are truly lost. This team aged out..period. It was also run into the ground by trading away picks for Cups. Of course, you always make that deal, but there was a price for glory.

Plus, the team fell apart the last few years & was no where near a contender. Is that on Dubas too?

If anything, I want the team to get worse. That way, we can properly rebuild, gain high end talent through the draft, & compete again for Cups. That’s precisely how the first 5 Cup teams were built.
Dubas did a complete 180 on his plan from getting here in the summer until the trade deadline. Less than 8 months. That's on Dubas.

90% of his moves have blown up in his face. That's on Dubas.

He's wasted time making mindless waiver pickups like Toddler Phillips instead of addressing the real needs of this team (a new direction for the coaching staff). That's on Dubas.

Reactions: Pens x

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's a weird place to be place to be. On one hand it sucks because we're so shit. On another hand, a high pick would be nice.

The lean years are going to be rough
It doesn't get any leaner than what we're seeing right now. Not only has destroyed any hope for the current team to be successful, he is actively ruining every young player that is added to the roster. If Puusi ends up being a success, it will be in spite of Sully.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Dubas did a complete 180 on his plan from getting here in the summer until the trade deadline. Less than 8 months. That's on Dubas.

90% of his moves have blown up in his face. That's on Dubas.

He's wasted time making mindless waiver pickups like Toddler Phillips instead of addressing the real needs of this team (a new direction for the coaching staff). That's on Dubas.
Bro, if you think this team is still a contender you are lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad