Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Pens - Celly for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He just didn’t fit the team. What about the rest of his career? Decent defensively, good for 50+ points in the top six, goes to the hard areas.

Carolina is a much better organization than us, so I'm going to side eye a player that Carolina gleefully got rid of. Not remotely excited to have Bunting, Smith as our LWs making $9m against the cap next year.

Reactions: Zbynek and Andy99

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
It's a weird place to be place to be. On one hand it sucks because we're so shit. On another hand, a high pick would be nice.

The lean years are going to be rough

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Michael Bunting may be the worst acquisiton by Dubas and that's saying something.
This guy freaking sucks. He will blow up in Dubas' face. On top of that, he has the most punchable face on our roster. Man I hate it when GMs go back to their old guys they know from years back. We really went from Sleepy to LAZY.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's a weird place to be place to be. On one hand it sucks because we're so shit. On another hand, a high pick would be nice.

The lean years are going to be rough
IDK the lean years are a return to form, in most ways. People forget that this franchise, like almost every franchise post 1967 has had more mediocre to bad seasons than great ones.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Watching Penguins hockey is like 9/11. You are just amazed how f***ing horrible things are and just after you are set with that thought it gets even worse.
I'd say it's more like being strapped to a chair and Clockwork Orange style being forced to watch Jack and Jill on an infinite loop for 5 years while every 3 minutes a giant machine pokes you in the taint with sharp pointed things while a pack of caged monkeys pelt you in the face with their fecal matter.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I'm sick of Letang with his whining and entitled attitude

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
A few months ago when the Pens seemed on the verge of reaching the playoff spots, some people scoffed at the idea that this only thanks to unsustainable goaltending and that if they keep playing like that, the other shoe would drop when the goalies came back to Earth.

Also, funny how so many Rags fans wanted Sully but now their team seem to be doing great without his, for lack of a better word, expertise.

Reactions: farscape1

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Bunting would make a nice 3rd/4th line plug but he brings down any scoring line he was on.

I thought he would provide some benefit as a net front presence on the PP but have not seen that yet.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Bunting would make a nice 3rd/4th line plug but he brings down any scoring line he was on.

I thought he would provide some benefit as a net front presence on the PP but have not seen that yet.
It's wild how bad this team needs a Hornqvist junior because of its power play scheme, and yet how reluctant the team is to try anyone there that isn't totally unsuited for the role.

It's such a bad power play why wouldn't you try the thing that gave you the most success in the past with most of these players?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Note: for the record, I know the PP has more problems than just that (lol what the hell is up with those zone entries!), it's just a symptom of a larger organizational problem.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Well he set up Eller's goal on the PP.

I'm not as down on Bunting as the board. Think he can come close to playing up to his cap next year. And I appreciate that we finally have someone who plays with fire.
People are silently comparing him to Jake. Can't really do that when he makes 4M and Jake will make like 9 next year.

The question is, do you get more from Bunting + 5 mil on something else than Jake alone?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm excited for the passive aggressive, vague bullshit Jarry says every season like "Well it hasn't been easy playing with what I'm dealing with" to pop up. What's the nagging injury this time, little buddy? :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I'm excited for the passive aggressive, vague bullshit Jarry says every season like "Well it hasn't been easy playing with what I'm dealing with" to pop up. What's the nagging injury this time, little buddy? :laugh:
That NMC has really really been messing with his concentration

He's working through it

It'll take about five years and $35mil to see the end, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad