Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Pens - Celly for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The clown show of the 6 on 5 continues, has a team every misplayed and fanned on so many plays? Letang handled the puck like a grenade for the last minutes, it was at least comical to watch :D

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It sucks cuz I want this team to get as good of a pick as possible in this draft, but there's zero part of me that thinks next year's pick is gonna be easier to give up with Sullivan and Dubas manning the ship. :laugh:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Michael Bunting may be the worst acquisiton by Dubas and that's saying something.
Jarry, Graves, Smith are all worse and I think Bunting's been pretty dogshit. :laugh:

Either Dubas is wholly inept or he's constantly acting as a yes man to Sullivan. Both situations suck shit for the present and foreseeable future as a Pens fan.

Hell yeah, get excited. :laugh:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It appears as though EK has had enough and isn’t even bothering to listen to the coach anymore. ..so that’s a positive I guess. Sully will want him gone at the end of the season though. So we have like 15 more games of him. I’m going to try and enjoy that for the rest of the season. Rust will be on L1 for the remainder so I doubt Crosby maintains that record.

What a disaster of a season. Shame because the east is wide open and a coach with fresh eyes and ideas likely gets them a ticket to the dance.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It sucks cuz I want this team to get as good of a pick as possible in this draft, but there's zero part of me that thinks next year's pick is gonna be easier to give up with Sullivan and Dubas manning the ship. :laugh:
With the way we're losing maybe we can climb pretty high up the lottery standings but I still feel like the math sucks for us.

I think we could catch Buffalo for that 8th spot but Montreal is 6 points behind us and have played the same amount of games. I just dunno if the Pens can suck hard enough to climb much higher than 8th.

So may need some lottery help to get into the top 5.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
I'm just wondering, at what point the media buffoons will/will be allowed to criticise Sullivan? How long this organization will keep a good mine at bad game?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
With the way we're losing maybe we can climb pretty high up the lottery standings but I still feel like the math sucks for us.

I think we could catch Buffalo for that 8th spot but Montreal is 6 points behind us and have played the same amount of games. I just dunno if the Pens can suck hard enough to climb much higher than 8th.

So may need some lottery help to get into the top 5.
And we're still gonna have whoever gets picked chosen by Dubas and this team's lousy scouts, and coached by Sullivan. :laugh: Cooooooool.

Reactions: Pancakes

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
TJ, as usual:
giphy.gif

LeTank/LeStink/LePew, good work commander:
8b2a99c5-f291-4ee9-9096-77e40305133d

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Crosby looked good for about 10 seconds of the game. One was that pass he probably shouldn't have threaded. The other was when Karlsson was trying enough for the both of them to drive offense on one shift.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At times in this game, they showed that they have the manpower to keep up with the Rangers. The problem is, this is an incredibly poorly coached team.

Go back and look at all of the goals scored. You will see that the Penguins scored goals that do not rely on Sullivan's offensive system. The one PP goal, you could view either way.

Looking at the Ranger's goals - 1 empty net, 1 off the rush after a major def/off transition break down, and the others were scored by Rangers players easily breaking through the Penguins defensive system which, upon replay, looks non-existant.

My fear is that, Dubas (and FWG) will look at a game like this and say "we played them close but we got two penalties and that was it. We scored 4 so we're okay. We have faith in Sullivan" but if you break it down, the influence of Sullivan is what cost the Penguins the game.

This is a team that is completely out of sync and completely lost. Raw skill is potting them a few here and there but this isn't a TEAM that is going to win with Sullivan behind the bench.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can we just rebuild? I am not wasting my next 3-4 years watching Dubas make moves to go for the cup only to be a bottom 10 team every year. At least then we wont have high expectations. Trade Crosby, trade Malkin and just tank.

Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Can we just rebuild? I am not wasting my next 3-4 years watching Dubas make moves to go for the cup only to be a bottom 10 team every year. At least then we wont have high expectations. Trade Crosby, trade Malkin and just tank.

Will not keeping Letang, Crosby, Malkin & Sullivan ensure the absolute finest tanking over the next 3-4 seasons? This team will get worse and worse if these 4 are kept!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry, Graves, Smith are all worse and I think Bunting's been pretty dogshit. :laugh:

Either Dubas is wholly inept or he's constantly acting as a yes man to Sullivan. Both situations suck shit for the present and foreseeable future as a Pens fan.

Hell yeah, get excited. :laugh:

We likely took less value in the Guentzel trade to acquire a "win now" player like Bunting.

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad