Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Pens - Celly for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Crosby looked good for about 10 seconds of the game. One was that pass he probably shouldn't have threaded. The other was when Karlsson was trying enough for the both of them to drive offense on one shift.

Loved Karlssons hustle and will to drive into the offensive zone the last 7-8 minutes, he was the only guy looking like he was going all out and putting it all on the line! That is something that can not be denied!

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Probably. This team's as delusional as it's dysfunctional.
That’s what happens when you have a new dummy ownership conglomerate that overpaid for a franchise on the brink of being horrendous.

What a bad business move. I hope they can make a ton on developing the civic arena land because another 1/4 season of this and they won’t be able to give tickets away.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It appears as though EK has had enough and isn’t even bothering to listen to the coach anymore. ..so that’s a positive I guess. Sully will want him gone at the end of the season though. So we have like 15 more games of him. I’m going to try and enjoy that for the rest of the season. Rust will be on L1 for the remainder so I doubt Crosby maintains that record.

What a disaster of a season. Shame because the east is wide open and a coach with fresh eyes and ideas likely gets them a ticket to the dance.
ek will want gone at the end of the season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No we didn't.

What was the better offer or more value?

Go listen to Dubas' press conference.

Of course, it isn’t just players that could be Penguins in a few years’ time that Dubas brought back. He’s particularly pleased with bringing aboard Bunting, who, with an average annual salary of $4.5 million, helped offset Guentzel’s salary.

Considering Bunting’s best NHL seasons coincided with Dubas’ final years running the show in Toronto, it’s little wonder the Penguins’ head honcho is glad to enter the pesky winger into the fold. But the Penguins’ deadline, headlined by Guentzel, as well as parting ways with Chad Ruhwedel and Magnus Hellberg, was about restocking a farm system devoid of terribly many prospects.

The Penguins aren’t keen on entering a full rebuild with Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang on the scene. Instead, the return on the Guentzel trade opens the Penguins to opportunities they’d previously been exempt from, at least from Dubas’ experiences eight months into the job.

“We've gotten more assets now to get involved in conversations that we couldn't get involved with when it comes to trades for younger players,” Dubas said. “That was our goal here exiting the deadline."

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I have been assured that no coaching could ever make a difference, but also that coaching makes all the difference, so we have to take it deadly seriously and not make any changes.

Reactions: Darren McCord

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Let's not talk about things having a direct impact on the team, nor things that are too unremoved from the team.

In fact, let's not say anything unless it's positive. I'll go first. I had a great afternoon, once I turned off the first period and went out for drinks on the riverbank with friends. It was pretty great.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens aging and that is where things are. Dubas has to fireSsullivan, change the way the team plays and competes and lastly, get some bigger tougher dudes who can play the balanced game that the really good teams do.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
It appears as though EK has had enough and isn’t even bothering to listen to the coach anymore. ..so that’s a positive I guess. Sully will want him gone at the end of the season though. So we have like 15 more games of him. I’m going to try and enjoy that for the rest of the season. Rust will be on L1 for the remainder so I doubt Crosby maintains that record.

What a disaster of a season. Shame because the east is wide open and a coach with fresh eyes and ideas likely gets them a ticket to the dance.
Sully would love Dubas to trade Karlsson for Chychrun.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Bunting would have been good player to have when Crosby and Malkin were in their prime. He's completely useless now. Hell Hörnqvist and maybe even Kunitz would have useless with these penguins

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
Can we just rebuild? I am not wasting my next 3-4 years watching Dubas make moves to go for the cup only to be a bottom 10 team every year. At least then we wont have high expectations. Trade Crosby, trade Malkin and just tank.
Nope been discussed to nauseum already. You think this shit is bad wait till the "rebuild"

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
I don’t think EK will want to leave, and Dubas wouldn’t trade him anyways iMo. Nice to see him unshackle himself finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad