Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
yours truly...
e698462d452a97d38e13c14b30d89e1b.gif

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The coach is a simpleton.

Tonight would be the perfect night for more of the third line, given that KZB is not happening. But no.

That would be the same coach who was moronic enough to put a plug in the top 6? Oh, wait, he's our hottest goal-scorer.

I believe that's the same coach that everyone here said will stifle the growth of the young players, but now everyone is saying all the youngsters are improving. How can that be?

The conventional wisdom is the big loser here in Ranger board land.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This might be top 5 stupidest things I've ever said on this board but could the Rangers get a first round pick for Colin Blackwell?? This guys on a leage minimum contract this season and the next and is scoring way beyond that level. Have to think some team going all in would love to have a guy like that this year and the next. Its like the devils getting a first for Blake Coleman last year.

I'd rather keep him more than a goodly amount of current Rangers, at that contract.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Don't know how many of you remember, but back in the 70s, the Rangers would bring up someone near the end of the season to make that playoff run. Bobby Sheehan had a memorable run in 1979. Kravtsov comes to mind as an analogy...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Have Quinn considered 10-16-74?

id really like

KZB
Bread - Strome - Kravtsov
Laf - Chytil - Kakko
Howden/WarmBody - Rooney - Blackwell/WarmBody

Shesty in net all games but Isles and Leafs, then let Geo do what he does
If we’re talking lines, I’m putting Kreider on the third line. He’s sleepwalking at this point.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I like that we are at most 2/3 of the where I think we'll be in a year or two and already hanging in there and in many cases beating the top teams in the league. Management REALLY has to screw up for this team to not be a contender for the next 5-7 years.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If we’re talking lines, I’m putting Kreider on the third line. He’s sleepwalking at this point.
Can't do that, or should I say "shouldn't" do that. Don't wanna break up that kid line. They're building nice chemistry and are relying on one another, raising their level of play. OMG, they're going to be possession freaks!
Of course, some day they will be, but man.....I would leave them be.
They didn't have to score and you could still see how they were playing. But, when they did.....that just compounded their excitement and were imposing their youth and will to score. I was flabbergasted and excited to no end, seeing what they are capable of as a group. :hockey:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
With blackwell now on an 82 game point pace of 45 points, u gotta think a contender would be willing to pay given he is only making 725k
Is there any universe in where we keep him to a team friendly contract?

Reactions: Bluto

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
These kids aren’t prospects anymore after tonight. They have arrived. Hope it continues.
Yeah man, anyone with even a third eye blind could see it. Long ways to go but yeah, you're spot on. After last night, Laf may have finally joined.....1st Chytil then Kaapo into feeling like they belong. As a line....well, that certainly seems to be materializing.
There's no good reason why Quinn would separate them now. They've been more than responsible and getting some good minutes when the game is on the line.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kakko fewest min of any forward. Oh well. Maybe he takes really short shifts? IDK

There’s actually might be some truth to this. Earlier in the season Kakko often overextended his shifts to get caught defending with no skating legs.

Reactions: romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For those of you who haven’t watched much of Kravtsov in the KHL, once you start seeing him on the PP and taking one timers your in for a treat. He might have the best shot on our team

Kakko / Buchnevich spot? Nah. I’d put him in a bumper spot, the same he spent majority of his time this season.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I agree in principle, but would really like to see Gauthier in there for Howden. Howden isn’t an NHL player unfortunately. Has trouble receiving passes, no vision at all, and not a particularly effective forechecker either. I truly do not understand the staff’s infatuation with him.

Kravtsov looks to be the best of the bunch of our stud kids. He’s obviously got some extra years of development on him, so who knows where he ends up relative to Kakko and Laf, but damn is that a good problem to have.

I am still quite hesitant to move Buch, and four games is obviously a small sample size, but I might have seen enough out of VK already to be willing to bite the bullet if the return was a good one (young center with upside).

This all assumes that moving Kreider is impossible, but frankly he’s the guy best suited to a fourth line role at this point. Swap him with VK and see how he meshes with Mika.
Man... if only they traded Kreider for a center last year at the deadline instead of signing him.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Is there any universe in where we keep him to a team friendly contract?

Well he is already signed at league minimum for next year. If he keeps up his production through next season I don't see any chance he doesn't look to cash in as much as possible. Going to be his one chance at a big payday most likely.

Reactions: Peltz

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kakko / Buchnevich spot? Nah. I’d put him in a bumper spot, the same he spent majority of his time this season.
Prior to this past KHL season he was scoring almost all his goals from the right circle, pretty sure I recall him literally scoring like 6 straight goals to start the year all from that spot. I’d rather mold him into that than the bumper role as a lot of players can do that bumper role, not many can score like that from the top of the circle. Kravtsov has a great shot!

Reactions: bernmeister

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't mind a few games of a "Kravtsov at C" experiment, but if we were to do it, I'd use the opportunity to address some other problems as well. Chytil played well with Kreider and Buch last season. I'd run with this as the top 9:

Panarin/Zib/Strome
Kreider/Chytil/Buch
Laf/Krav/Kakko
4th line
Next year's full training camp might be the time to try thing. For now leave the kid alone where he's comfortable as he finds his way.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad