Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders -- 4/9/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That's not a full roster...and you haven't given raises yet to laf and miller and are forcing rookies into the lineup...I said it can work in the short term, not after all those guys get raises
Personally, I wouldn’t bother worrying about too far down the line since things will change a lot. Injuries. Cap expansion. Trades. I do think it’s reasonable to look two or three years down the road but as long as no huge mistakes are made, and that’s key, they should be pretty ok.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You've stated some very interesting ideas. Some of which are already "IMHO" obvious. Nonetheless.
Blackie and Rooney seem like they would be part of a package "if anything" to really bump up any return. My opinion.
"Giving them away" for any 2,3 or 4 rounders seems stupid in regard to their contracts. Could see BLACKWELL as a Bruin, but wonder if they would give a 2nd and that "should be" the price and would hate to see that. He is underrated and all he does is score and bust his ass. We will see. Maybe with Buch? If indeed that really has to happen at some point. Uggh.
Eichel......100% on board with you. HUGE mistake, unless....
Barron......by all means
Wall? I dunno, think they're sitting on him until AFTER Seattle expansion to see how that shakes out. They'll expose Kinkaid (guessing that is why he is here) but, not thinking they will chance allowing Wall a few games, as they ARE trying to make PO's, and I guess Georgiev gives them that best chance as backup.
You are alright in my book Bern. Jokem' if they can't take a f.ck.

1. Wall - believe he is exempt and not getting any games so as to not ruin no playing enuf vs elc status which I think would kick in after 4 games.

2 Joke
I hear you there, and I appreciate a good laugh as much as the next guy.
However, there comes a time when some who deserve it, who have been dishing it out, have to get there comeuppance so the record is corrected.

Also, another saying:
better to be pissed off than pissed on

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I had basically nothing to do tonight, so I went on the Isles boards and read most of their GDT.

LOTS and LOTS of coping.

They actually think we regret passing on Dobson.
And they think Dobson and Wahlstrom are better than Miller and Kravtsov LMFAO

I like Dobson but the guy is getting sheltered minutes on one of the better teams in the league. K'Andre has been playing against top lines since like the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. Millers upside is also significantly higher

Wahlstrom vs Kravtsov is up for debate. Very different players but think Krav will have the better career az he's a much more well rounded player.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Personally, I wouldn’t bother worrying about too far down the line since things will change a lot. Injuries. Cap expansion. Trades. I do think it’s reasonable to look two or three years down the road but as long as no huge mistakes are made, and that’s key, they should be pretty ok.

you can't overthink it and definitely don't want to hurt the short term out of fear of down the road, but you 100% need to be aware and plan accordingly. ignoring it is how you get into cap hell...you need to make sure you give yourself the flexibility to make things work. And we aren't talking the distant future, you can't worry about 10 years from now. but if you are talking about signing guys to 4/5/6 year extension, you can't just look how it fits in year 1 or 2...

Reactions: bernmeister

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, don’t take that the wrong way. I am very much enjoying this season. This is the most invested I’ve been in this team in a long time. I just think that they are perennial playoff contenders starting next year and I’m looking forward to them being an upper tier team again.
OMG, yeah dude.! Of course, I think we are ALL excited about the very distinct probability that this team will soon be a powerhouse. Maybe even a LOT sooner than we might expect. We have very formidable top6 players, but it really seems that we will get over the "hump" when our current 3rd line really gets going, as that will give us an amazing top9, and even our try line is looking light-years better, now that Kravtsov is there, albeit might not be very much longer.
Want Vitali to be on 2nd PP, and still can't help but think how that unit would look if we still had Tony. Oops, I did it again.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Feeling strangely CONFIDENT tonight. Huge game obviously (AREN'T THEY ALL, NOW?) but especially huge. Enough with the "splits" with the Caps, Pens and Bruins(all ahead of us). We need to sweep and make a "statement". This will be huge for them moving forward and cementing a late season PO push.
Many WINS on the table coming soon, but winning tonight, slides them right into it, and possibly stringing 6 or 7 together.
Much needed, and let the cards fall where they may.

Shesty needs to NOT let in an "early, nor a late goal in". Confident he will be solid in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad