Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders -- 4/9/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dude, get the f*** over yourself. Legend in your own damn mind.

Legend or not I leave for others to say.
What will happen is when I call it like this, and have crap hurled at me constantly from every angle by some, only to then be proven right, then those who threw it are gonna chew [on] it.

Admit it.
Bend buckle and break in speaking the truth.
I was WAY WAY WAY ahead on predicting how good Krav would be, good enuf to be a C, and he should not be dealt in a package for Eichel.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you spend even 5 mins in CapFriendly it is abundantly clear that we do not have cap issues, we can EASILY retain our core including Buchnevich, Zibanejad, etc and have cap space to spare. This is even assuming we sign Laf, Kakko, Fox, Shesty to BIG contracts. I had all of them signed for likely more than they'll make and was able to fit it in easily. Even several years down the road there was no issues, we will want to either force a trade or buyout Trouba/Kreider eventually just because it would be more beneficial to have the extra space and Kreider is also very unneeded on our roster

Hell, I was giving out money like Oprah; Kakko & Buch 6M each, Fox 8M, Shesty 7M, Kravtsov 5M and I was still right at the cap. Which I assume won’t remain flat for that long
Once Laf & Millers ELC come off the books, we just have to either force a trade or buyout of Trouba/Kreider and we will be fine.

We are not buying out Kreider unless he becomes injured, turns into Drury.

Trouba is likely here upwards of 3 years. There is a chance he can be bribed to waive to FL where his wife works.

We avoid trouble at the pass now by dealing Strome + Buch

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lol u actually convinced yourself you're one of the first and only ones to think kravtsov could try C .

And you think you knew "the truth" about nieves.

LOL

Clamp down the ego hot damn

All of HFB has it down that for over a year I have called using Krav as a pivot.
At least to try it.

So yes, your attempt to engage in revisionist history and misrepresent things and say water isn't wet is a disgrace and an epic fail.

As to Nieves, there was zero excuse for club to not try it. Zero.
I stand by what I have said.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
giphy.gif

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Gauthier has some offensive game and does go to the net and for the rest of the season I would like to see how that line would do together.

The sum total of Gauthier's offensive game, so far, is going wide on the D and crashing the net, an admirable attempt, that usually leads to nothing. If he can develop anything else at all, maybe something will come of him.

I'm not saying to totally give up on him, but it's starting to look like he might be better off trying to carve out a career as a checking forward.

What's his status as far as does the team have to protect from Seattle, because I'd sacrifice him if that's an option?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They weren’tCrosby, McDavid off the bat, no matter how good they become Quinn will be blamed for that by a certain contingent on here

If the Rangers won the Cup this year, those same people would still hate Quinn.

Reactions: romba

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Wow It’s possible for a young guy to be successful on the 4th line!?! Howwww??? Laf and Kakko suck because they weren’t put on....wait they don’t suck anymore? But EA says they won’t develop unless all get top line minutes!
I think Kravtsov benefited a lot from playing in Russia, whereas our kids had the long lay off. Just watching him the other night you can see he’s more mature then he was when he left to go back the 1st time

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I had basically nothing to do tonight, so I went on the Isles boards and read most of their GDT.

LOTS and LOTS of coping.

They actually think we regret passing on Dobson.
And they think Dobson and Wahlstrom are better than Miller and Kravtsov LMFAO

How someone can know anything about Kravtsov at this point is mind boggling.

Edit: And it's not like Wahlstrom has done anything before this season.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I think Kravtsov benefited a lot from playing in Russia, whereas our kids had the long lay off. Just watching him the other night you can see he’s more mature then he was when he left to go back the 1st time
Yup. He was 1000% more comfortable playing on Russia too, compared to riding the bus in the A, but he was here long enough to get a taste of hard nosed North American hockey so he knew what he needed to improve on. Really, the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yup. He was 1000% more comfortable playing on Russia too, compared to riding the bus in the A, but he was here long enough to get a taste of hard nosed Bortg American hockey so he knew what he needed to improve on. Really, the best of both worlds.

Last year people were getting worried he was another Lias Andersson with maturity issues glad to see it looks like he's proved us wrong.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Haha, reading the Islanders board apparently we give up goals by the boatload even though going into today we were 11th in the league in goals against and have gotten mostly terrible goaltending from our backups and our starter has been out like a quarter of the season.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I had basically nothing to do tonight, so I went on the Isles boards and read most of their GDT.

LOTS and LOTS of coping.

They actually think we regret passing on Dobson.
And they think Dobson and Wahlstrom are better than Miller and Kravtsov LMFAO

Wahlstrom does have 16 points in 32 games.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Haha, reading the Islanders board apparently we give up goals by the boatload even though going into today we were 11th in the league in goals against and have gotten mostly terrible goaltending from our backups and our starter has been out like a quarter of the season.
Ikr

Moronic takes all over, albeit a couple fans are reasonable.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
When it doesn't take 3 years for a top pick to even sniff the potential we saw coming in.

So, how do you distinguish between a player who disappoints in the NHL and a player who disappoints because of his coach?

I think the 2nd choice doesn't exist.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Finally caught the game. My takeaways.

- Miller was a monster. Anyone who has been overly negative about him this year is an idiot who yells at player to "shoot" during the PP at the garden.
- Glad Kakko is finally starting to get rewarded for his work. Next year is going to be huge for him.
- Panarin is the kind of guy who would come up with the equation for Time Travel but also try to argue that 2+2= Donkey Balls
- Kreider is ass. Demote this mother f***er and get him off of my team. Staal/Girardi pt 2. Way worse than Trouba. I can tolerate the lack of goal scoring, I cannot tolerate the lack of effort.
- NYI are really a one trick pony. The second Barzal gets shut down in the post season, they're f***ed. The lack of talent on that team was really evident in this one. Trotz can really only do so much. If they draw Boston or Washington in the first round they're dead. Pittsburgh with out home ice and Id bet against them as well.
-I really hope this was a showcase game for Geo.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
yours truly -- a case can be made I am being improperly ostracized from the roster building thread b'c I spoke the truth about Nieves, a posture to which most disagreed but respected my right to this opinion --- was ridiculed by most here for saying WAY WAY WAY ahead of the curve, that Kravtsov had everything to possibly succeed at pivot. Then I further qualified that by specifying I was not saying day 1 in a vacuum VK could pivot any line with anyone well [tho that might be a possibility] -- I said he would work very well and create a dominant line with Kakko and Panarin as Ws. (Those 2 already confirmed they have chemistry.)

NO, NO, NO said the detractors.
Not possible.
Creative thinking outside the box, even if it was only an experiment, no we don't dare even think about going there, let alone actually try it.

They let VK start at W to get his feet wet, fine.
The above posts PROVE THAT I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

Krav has most of Kreider's speed and adequate++ strength while having much more vision, lateral skating, passing and scoring skill.

I am doubling down and saying again, if they listen to me and give that line a try, they won't be disappointed, it will work well, and against most lines, dominate.

We need to stop this foolishness about 'we ONLY trade our top vets Strome and Buch IF we get a top C prospect who is so can't miss he's almost in a lineup already.'
1. That is unrealistic, rarely happens, such assets are usually kept/not available.
2. If we get adequate profit of picks [which are universally accepted currency, btw] as surplus of value for our vets, we can then have GMJG apply new found skill to draft very well = huge profit, just requires a little bit of patience. [case in point is Barron, a 6th round pick]
We are still recovering from win now stupidity and desperation.
One, maybe two more good solid drafts THEN we will have such a surplus we can indulge consolidation splurges.

Avoid the clickbait Eichel move which adds 10m+ which = structural cap probs. Eichel $$ can't come here unless/until Trouba is dealt.
NOW, who thinks including Kravtsov in an Eich deal is such a good idea?

Listen to bern, play/develop the kids.
Listen to bern: no giving up too quick on Chytil, Kakko, LaF, Hajek

I know most of this board has good will in its heart for me.
Love is given, respect is earned.
Love is optional. I deserve the respect.

I extend likewise the good vibes received from most.
The vocal handful who want to argue EVERYTHING with me, who can't admit water is wet --- and you know who you are -- take your comeuppance in the face of this rebuke.
He who laughs last laughs best.

Not bad, but here is my current thinking:

LW - C - RW
Kakko - Krav - Panarin
Kreider - Zib - Blackwell
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
PDG - Blackwell - Gettinger

give Barron 4 games cup o coffee that does not apply an elc yr
next yr, can see if Barron is ready for top line day 1 or if he needs to wade in. If yes, he takes 2RW, Blackwell then to 4th line.

Deal them all.
Give Wall 4 games cup o coffee, ride shesty w/relief from Kink
deal Geo.

Deal Buch, Strome, Howden Smith
give mins to the kids, get a jump on next season

We can go barely to 9 on Zib IF IF IF he takes only 4 yrs extension on top of the final yr on his deal. That is the hard line in the sand. Not 5 or more years. 4. And if we are willing to put that contract extension in writing immediately, I want him signing on immediately.
If that happens great.
If not, sell high as a rental.
No excessively long term deals into the mid 30s.

---------------

I proposed Blackwell + Rooney, 2 guys at or barely above min thru next season for 2 2nds, one of which was delayed. It was not well received by either this base or EDM's.

Maybe we keep Blackie and package Rooney w/DPG? Or Howden?
You've stated some very interesting ideas. Some of which are already "IMHO" obvious. Nonetheless.
Blackie and Rooney seem like they would be part of a package "if anything" to really bump up any return. My opinion.
"Giving them away" for any 2,3 or 4 rounders seems stupid in regard to their contracts. Could see BLACKWELL as a Bruin, but wonder if they would give a 2nd and that "should be" the price and would hate to see that. He is underrated and all he does is score and bust his ass. We will see. Maybe with Buch? If indeed that really has to happen at some point. Uggh.
Eichel......100% on board with you. HUGE mistake, unless....
Barron......by all means
Wall? I dunno, think they're sitting on him until AFTER Seattle expansion to see how that shakes out. They'll expose Kinkaid (guessing that is why he is here) but, not thinking they will chance allowing Wall a few games, as they ARE trying to make PO's, and I guess Georgiev gives them that best chance as backup.
You are alright in my book Bern. Jokem' if they can't take a f.ck.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hell, I was giving out money like Oprah; Kakko & Buch 6M each, Fox 8M, Shesty 7M, Kravtsov 5M and I was still right at the cap. Which I assume won’t remain flat for that long
Once Laf & Millers ELC come off the books, we just have to either force a trade or buyout of Trouba/Kreider and we will be fine.
And with the flat cap I think players will have to take less, even. I also don’t expect long-term deals, so that’s a trade off. Not to mention most other teams probably in a relatively worse spot, financially.
If the players are willing to bend a bit, I think it’s safe to say we can afford at least most of our FAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad