Rangers hire Gerard Gallant as their next head coach

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
The Rangers announced a rebuild in February of 2018. It has been 3 1/2 years since. If you expected them to make the playoffs last year you’re not very bright, and they would have made the playoffs in any division but the East this past year, even with Zibanejad slumping hard and us dealing with injuries as well as the Tony D situation
Ahh, yes, the 'since our GM announced a rebuild thats when it started'

you Rangera fans can continue convincing yourselves you 'rebuilt' in 3.5 years, or whatever term is used now to transfer a Cup appearance in 2014 to still no playoffs in 2021

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

you Rangera fans can continue convincing yourselves you 'rebuilt' in 3.5 years, or whatever term is used now to transfer a Cup appearance in 2014 to still no playoffs in 2021
We literally made the playoffs in 2017 and signed Shattenkirk in that offseason. Going into that year we certainly weren’t rebuilding

Reactions: Ranger Spice

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
His World Championship win guaranteed him a job. I'm sure many other teams wanted him.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
rangersfansince08 - you are on spot - he is likely not a happy person and I feel bad for the guy - especially when his nightmare becomes reality.

Lets focus on the good hire made by the Rangers instead. What downsides does Gallant have? That he wears out his welcome after 3 years? Maybe he has adjusted. But even if he hasn't and is able to help us take the next step to where we become a playoff team and are getting significant contributions out of guys like Chytil, Kravstov, Kakko, Laf ,Miller, whoever we draft this year ,Schneider, Lundkvist, Robertson that's a major win. Especially when certain teams who really aren't worthy of even being named seem to have been in a rebuild since 2012 with no end in sight.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Yet here you are.
Yes, on a message board posting messages

You know where the Rangers are? Right next to New Jersey on the golf course. Though Rangers fans like to act high and mighty for a team that cant make the playoffs with a top-7 offense

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

They were in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2017 though, how can you possibly say the rebuild started before the 2018 deadline.

And they also signed Shattenkirk.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Wont be a good hire; Rangers are a finesse and skill team, Gallant works well with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Hes going to get them more wins than Quinn so by virtue its a better coach. But he wont get nearly as much out of Kakko and Lafreniere as a newer-school coach would

Rangers gonna Ranger though and hire the biggest dollar name

who should they have hired?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wont be a good hire; Rangers are a finesse and skill team, Gallant works well with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Hes going to get them more wins than Quinn so by virtue its a better coach. But he wont get nearly as much out of Kakko and Lafreniere as a newer-school coach would

Rangers gonna Ranger though and hire the biggest dollar name
So what your saying is individual success is more important in your world than team success. Ok. The door is over there…I will show you out.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
We have exactly this on you. You think about "having something on the Rangers" while we could not care less about the Devils.
Thats cute, youve seen three Cups in red and black since your last

but you can type that and believe it if it helps you sleep.

The Devils run the Hudson and have since 1995. Maybe one day the Rangers will become relevant again and not waste a top-15 all-time goaltender's career

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
eakins sucks, but the roster as it is just isn't good enough, especially the offense. don't think any coach would have success with that roster
I didn't say Gallant would get them to success right away just make them more competitive at least.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Thats cute, youve seen three Cups in red and black since your last

but you can type that and believe it if it helps you sleep.

The Devils run the Hudson and have since 1995. Maybe one day the Rangers will become relevant again and not waste a top-15 all-time goaltender's career

So JT writes "while we could not care less about the Devils."

Relevant like triggering a Devils fan to respond to a coaching hire?

You're having a bad day Pitava - personally, I would just bow out because you're having a rough one. Not one day do I, or ever care about the 3 cups the Devils have.

You are an easy study and you are triggered by Rangers news. You are clearly nervous about the Rangers coming years. I hope you're OK. It's going to be a rough ride for the Ranger haters.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
The salt, love it.
Yea, im shaking in my boots at the thought of a non-playoff team getting a coach who wears out his welcome in three years

ohh the horror. The Devils and Rangers both have one playoff appearance in the same amount of years but, yeah im Super scared

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Yea, im shaking in my boots at the thought of a non-playoff team getting a coach who wears out his welcome in three years

ohh the horror. The Devils and Rangers both have one playoff appearance in the same amount of years but, yeah im Super scared

Hang in there Pitaya, things will get better for you.

original.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad