Rangers hire Gerard Gallant as their next head coach

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yea, im shaking in my boots at the thought of a non-playoff team getting a coach who wears out his welcome in three years

ohh the horror. The Devils and Rangers both have one playoff appearance in the same amount of years but, yeah im Super scared

Well 2018 sure is a convenient cut off date. Why not 2017, or 2016, or 2015, or 2014, or 2013. I could even throw you a bone and give you 2012 and 2011 as well.

Woops nevermind Devils missed in 2011.

Reactions: Allan92

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Thats cute, youve seen three Cups in red and black since your last

but you can type that and believe it if it helps you sleep.

The Devils run the Hudson and have since 1995. Maybe one day the Rangers will become relevant again and not waste a top-15 all-time goaltender's career

The Devils run the Hudson? LMFAO

That's actually amazing, and also kind of ironic since it shows the little appreciation the Isles are getting. But nope, the Devils run the Hudson and they need to constantly remind the 'high and mighty' NYR fans even when they hire a new coach.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Well 2018 sure is a convenient cut off date. Why not 2017, or 2016, or 2015, or 2014, or 2013. I could even throw you a bone and give you 2012 and 2011 as well.

Woops nevermind Devils missed in 2011.
Ah yes, when the Devils had an on-his-way-out HOF goaltender.

the Rangers had someone who tried his hardest to lead his teams to victory but, they let him down.. cant remember the name

Im sure Gerard Gallant will turn things around though! Guy with problems correcting players publicly going to NY, yeah thatll work well lmfao

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Fantastic hire, surprised it took him so long to get another gig after Vegas.
Mostly because of new grandchildren....Covid and that he told his friends he was drawing every last cent out of Vegas . He was enjoying his time off golfing on PEI which was basically Covid free and spending time with family while being paid by Vegas .

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Of all the open jobs, it's kind of hard to turn down an O6 team with a ton of young talent that wasn't that far off from a playoff spot. Also, I obviously love the hire.

AGREED! Congrats on not only a great hire, but your inevitable playoff run next season. Not saying cup finals, but i'd expect a 2nd round appearance at least. Coach has tons to work with there

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Thats cute, youve seen three Cups in red and black since your last

but you can type that and believe it if it helps you sleep.

The Devils run the Hudson and have since 1995. Maybe one day the Rangers will become relevant again and not waste a top-15 all-time goaltender's career

"Run the Hudson"

LOL Wut? Who do you think you are? You, a Devils fan, a fan of a team that can't even sell out playoff games, is telling us Rangers fans that maybe one day we'll become relevant again? The Devils who have been awful lately and who have one of the smallest fanbases in all of the NHL?

Jesus tap-dancing Christ. I swear, it feels like many Islanders and Devils fans hate the Rangers more than they actually like their own team.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wont be a good hire; Rangers are a finesse and skill team, Gallant works well with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Hes going to get them more wins than Quinn so by virtue its a better coach. But he wont get nearly as much out of Kakko and Lafreniere as a newer-school coach would

Rangers gonna Ranger though and hire the biggest dollar name

Because getting a "newer-school" non-big name coach worked so well last time with Quinn.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Of all the open jobs, it's kind of hard to turn down an O6 team with a ton of young talent that wasn't that far off from a playoff spot. Also, I obviously love the hire.

11 points is pretty far off.

I wouldn't want to be in the same division as the Rangers moving forward.

Why not? Laf/Kakko have looked mediocre so far. Yea they have Panarin, Fox and Zibanejad but unless the other two hit their potential, I don't see what you would be afraid of.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad