Rangers hire Gerard Gallant as their next head coach

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Wont be a good hire; Rangers are a finesse and skill team, Gallant works well with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Hes going to get them more wins than Quinn so by virtue its a better coach. But he wont get nearly as much out of Kakko and Lafreniere as a newer-school coach would

Rangers gonna Ranger though and hire the biggest dollar name
Gallant took the Sea Dogs to a Memorial Cup win. He'll get a lot out of Kakko and Lafreniere. Great move by the Rangers.

Reactions: Ranger Spice

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
From your avatar (and your "rags" reference :cool:) - I assumed you were an Islander fan and was paying your team and Trotz a compliment.
Oh I agree and know that, trust me. Trotz has done wonders for the isles, but gallant will do the same for the rangers in a different way. he'll probably give kakko the benefit of being much more physical and being with a better system as well.

Reactions: drewcon40

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Great pick. Wish Ducks took him.
Doubt he'd get the Ducks to lift the cup again but he'd at least get the team playing respectable hockey.

Bummed Anaheim didn't get him and are still giving Eakins leeway. But I suppose if they're trying to get a few more high picks then why change anything?

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Lol nobody thought they were a playoff team the past 2 years. 2 years ago everyone knew they would struggle and last year everyone knew they would be on the bubble.

Go throw your pity party somewhere else donkey
According to you

go check any poll before the last two seasons and theyll have Rangers in the playoffs

Only pity party around here is the Rangers, yet again, missing in a shortened year with a top offense

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
According to you

go check any poll before the last two seasons and theyll have Rangers in the playoffs

Only pity party around here is the Rangers, yet again, missing in a shortened year with a top offense

Your team was in the same division - with the Capitals, Bruins, Islanders and Penguins - No one annointed the Rangers as a playoff team and if they did they would be on the cusp. And top offense? Kreider who scored all his goals in 3 games?
Panarin who took a leave of absence?
Zibanejad's season long slump?

I get you hate the Rangers but your posts about them aren't very fair.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Your team was in the same division - with the Capitals, Bruins, Islanders and Penguins - No one annointed the Rangers as a playoff team and if they did they would be on the cusp. And top offense? Kreider who scored all his goals in 3 games?
Zibanejad's season long slump?

I get you hate the Rangers but your posts about them aren't very fair.
My team doesnt have Panarin and Fox

yet both missed the playoffs

stay mad

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Doubt he'd get the Ducks to lift the cup again but he'd at least get the team playing respectable hockey.

Bummed Anaheim didn't get him and are still giving Eakins leeway. But I suppose if they're trying to get a few more high picks then why change anything?
ducks will keep eakins as HC until they're a playoff contender again

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Wont be a good hire; Rangers are a finesse and skill team, Gallant works well with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Hes going to get them more wins than Quinn so by virtue its a better coach. But he wont get nearly as much out of Kakko and Lafreniere as a newer-school coach would

Rangers gonna Ranger though and hire the biggest dollar name

If Rangers are smart they will try to transition to being a harder to play against team with tough systems and cycling/defense.

Their young stars are good enough to adapt and will usually get more leeway than most players. This style is what wins in the post season these days for less them stacked teams. Not much denying it.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
ummmm ok? Am I suppossed to be mad? In you're haste to respond, you might have missed this:
Weird, so the Rangers are a one man team
Youre saying?

ive been told Zibanejad is a top-10 C . Though he scores against two teams

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Gallant will be a big factor in bringing the Rangers into a playoff and contending spot. Good fit but hope he and Drury don't end up having a falling out amongst eachother.

He and Trotz are going to be rivals again. From the 2018 finals to the 2021-22 season.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Weird, so the Rangers are a one man team
Youre saying?

ive been told Zibanejad is a top-10 C . Though he scores against two teams

No I am not saying that?

You've been told Zibanejad is a top 10 C? You can come up with your own conclusion. Look you clearly loathe the Rangers which is your right but I think you're letting your hatred skew your analysis.

Whatever is ailing you, I hope you can overcome.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
This is the perfect signing for NYR. Now I really want to see one of their RFAs play hard ball in negotiations so things can stop conveniently falling in their lap lol

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
This is the perfect signing for NYR. Now I really want to see one of their RFAs play hard ball in negotiations so things can stop conveniently falling in their lap lol
The Rangers had Lundqvist and didnt do anything with him

They have an amateur GM running their entire hockey ops now. You can bet theyll f*** something up yet again.

Panarin, Zibanejad, Fox, Trouba, and yet not one playoff game yet.

whats the excuse when they miss again next year in a harder division?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Thats whats been said about them for the last two seasons now
The Rangers announced a rebuild in February of 2018. It has been 3 1/2 years since. If you expected them to make the playoffs last year you’re not very bright, and they would have made the playoffs in any division but the East this past year, even with Zibanejad slumping hard and us dealing with injuries as well as the Tony D situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad